Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137558 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2017, 05:35:54 pm »

-snip- edit:never mind, that turn was gonna be a trainwreck either way.

Current action: spar
How do we record damage taken? I have included a 'current body' stat next to my body stat to indicate what I think my stat is currently, after having taken 6 damage in that last round.

Current sheet:

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:58:03 pm by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2017, 08:00:35 pm »

((I guess Sifeebt's back to being a wannabe diver, then.))

If I have Transcend, can I resist Deep Sea attacks from L3 to the real world using that instead of Endure?

In any case, Sifeebt will keep Nameless between him and Vokun, and hit the thoughtful corpse with the flat of his sabre.  Nonlethal attack, however that might work.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2017, 10:19:32 pm »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Honestly? Faster metalbuilding would be amazing. I'm not too terribly worried about flubbing rolls very hard. TOOLZ4SPEED, please.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2017, 11:47:27 pm »

Continue sparring with Nameless, using fists and not weapons.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2017, 04:31:04 am »

Help Joshua(RC) with building his soldier's suit.

Keep working on that armor. Make it Waffel (Pancaek's char) sized, with a sort of basket on the back that I could ride around in. Pad the insides to avoid damage when I take a dive inte the Sea. If the basket is a no-go, still make armor for him first. How much does it cut down the time if WAffel helps build it?

PW, if it's not too much too ask, could you perhaps give me an idea of what kinds of things I can expect to be able to do on various levels of the Deep Sea? I think that as an ascetic my char would know a thing or two already, though if you'd prefer me to discover everything myself bit by bit that's fine as well (the latter would be my go-to option if not for the time limit we have in getting some gear ready before next expedition).

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Waffel walks up to Joshua in the workshop, standing next to him as he works on his armour.

"Monk organic, it has come to my attention that your kind go limp and defensless upon using your powers. More than is usual of organics, I mean. This one proposes we size that"
He points at the soldiers armour
"To my specifications, and add some sort of basket to the back. This way, I can carry you around while you do your thing. You would gain the advantage of not being a defenceless sack of meat laying on the ground, and I get some armour. What say you?"

"Hello my electrically inclined brother! Yes, quite an astute observation for one such unsouled as yourself. It is true my fleshy connection to this realm tends to suffer a critical lack of initiative when I'm not there to boss it around. As such, sure, I could use a carrier. Help me build these scales of steel, and you can become my very special uparmored subterranean rickshaw."
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:47:14 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2017, 05:23:31 am »

Can I just say the whole Pancaek-RC Banjo and Kazooie thing is pretty cool.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2017, 02:11:43 pm »

Lean out the pod bay doors door in the hangar and taste the water droplets falling and running over the ship. Salty? Delicious? Fetid? Actually alcohol?

Then knuckle down for that 5/15 hours of sweaty rifle building.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
We're gonna assume you use the airlock instead of the hanger doors. For it is much smaller and less dangerous to the drill.

You open the door to the outside and lean out far enough to wipe some water off the rocks. You give it a lick and it tastes very salty and minerally, but also fresh.

Also, I was gathering knowledge for gun-fu. It used to be 400 knowledge, and allowed me to use blast in melee instead of fight at a cost of 5 stamina per turn. Any chance you could rebalance that for the new system?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have him lower the time by 20% then. 80 hours now.

Lets lower it to 300, and hows about it drastically increasing the chances of you running out of ammo after using it? Ie from 1/6 chance to like 50% chance. That way you can't really do it many times in a row; more of a "aw fuck someone is in my face" sort of thing.

Yeah, so I posted this sheet after you changed it from 600 t0 400, but the one you used was the wrong one. I'll just accept the loss, and use the right sheet from now on.

"DAMMIT! Uhh, could one 'ya make me a knife before I lose any more digits!"

Clean up the bloody stump where my finger was.
 Also, this vessel needs a name, I vote we call it the "Ember Heart" because we're small, but we're lighting the way or something

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)

Ok so first aid is a build action and you have no build.
But I rolled for it and you got 1, which is the 1% super ultimate success no matter what thing. So congrats, you fixed yourself up perfectly.

First one to spraypaint the name on the side of the Bore gets it I suppose.

Once Deira is rested somewhat, learn more about the engine and inner workings of the bore. Walk around, learning about who else is with her on this... pleasure cruise. She'll get something to eat, then return to the bridge and begin tunneling again. Once moving, we will turn to our right (left on the map) and keep moving that way for two squares. During this tunneling time she begins to jury rig traps such that if an invader ever does make it to the bridge she can activate them.

I will repost this as this turn's action instead.
For the sake of getting going I'm gonna assume you set the drill to auto dig towards a specifc place and then did your nap and actions as it digs.

Now when you say left I assume you mean down-left since drilling hard left would make life rather difficult for everyone trying to get stuff done.

The the main engine is a lovely thing; absurd power packed down into a tiny case. No doubt living for as strong as it is. That could make repair difficult, since living engines tend to die and become mundane if damaged.  What kind of traps did you have in mind by the way?

-snip- edit:never mind, that turn was gonna be a trainwreck either way.

Current action: spar
How do we record damage taken? I have included a 'current body' stat next to my body stat to indicate what I think my stat is currently, after having taken 6 damage in that last round.

Current sheet:

Continue sparring with Nameless, using fists and not weapons.

fight 80, dodge 60
Fight 80, dodge 50
[Fight 37/80 vs dodge 70/50] [d6=4 damage]
[Fight 38/80 vs dodge 32/60][d6=3 damage]
Basically this

Keep working on that armor. Make it Waffel (Pancaek's char) sized, with a sort of basket on the back that I could ride around in. Pad the insides to avoid damage when I take a dive inte the Sea. If the basket is a no-go, still make armor for him first. How much does it cut down the time if WAffel helps build it?

PW, if it's not too much too ask, could you perhaps give me an idea of what kinds of things I can expect to be able to do on various levels of the Deep Sea? I think that as an ascetic my char would know a thing or two already, though if you'd prefer me to discover everything myself bit by bit that's fine as well (the latter would be my go-to option if not for the time limit we have in getting some gear ready before next expedition).

Waffel walks up to Joshua in the workshop, standing next to him as he works on his armour.

"Monk organic, it has come to my attention that your kind go limp and defensless upon using your powers. More than is usual of organics, I mean. This one proposes we size that"
He points at the soldiers armour
"To my specifications, and add some sort of basket to the back. This way, I can carry you around while you do your thing. You would gain the advantage of not being a defenceless sack of meat laying on the ground, and I get some armour. What say you?"

"Hello my electrically inclined brother! Yes, quite an astute observation for one such unsouled as yourself. It is true my fleshy connection to this realm tends to suffer a critical lack of initiative when I'm not there to boss it around. As such, sure, I could use a carrier. Help me build these scales of steel, and you can become my very special uparmored subterranean rickshaw."
Well, its been 10 hours, so you're now 10/80. 

Basically as you go further down you go, the more aspects of reality you have access to and the more you can mess with things.  At level 10 you can basically mess with the fundemental forces of reality and tinker with the fabric of all things. Level 3 is what you could call your local manipulation level, where you can mess with the materials in the local area.

I'll write something with a bit of detail for what you can do on each level if you want.

The Bore travels down and to the right for 10 hours; its about to automatically halt when it suddenly breaks through into a hollow secion and jerks violently to a stop . The sound of rapidly running water can be heard throughout the Bore.

I should point out that the bore has a periscope in the bridge that lets it look down around the drill itself.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2017, 02:22:17 pm »

((I guess Sifeebt's back to being a wannabe diver, then.))

If I have Transcend, can I resist Deep Sea attacks from L3 to the real world using that instead of Endure?

In any case, Sifeebt will keep Nameless between him and Vokun, and hit the thoughtful corpse with the flat of his sabre.  Nonlethal attack, however that might work.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Can I hit him twice due to being missed?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2017, 02:22:59 pm »

Verne rushes to be the first to look down the periscope. Then if no other immediate action is taken, he gets back to building the rifle, if allowed.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:17:46 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2017, 03:56:10 pm »

Oh crap, I thought recover was first aid, oh well. On another note, would it be possible to build mechanical replacement limbs?

Run to try and see what's outside, then search for a crowbar or fireaxe to use as an improvised melee weapon.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:31:27 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2017, 04:23:37 pm »

Keep working on that armor. 10/80

Basically as you go further down you go, the more aspects of reality you have access to and the more you can mess with things.  At level 10 you can basically mess with the fundemental forces of reality and tinker with the fabric of all things. Level 3 is what you could call your local manipulation level, where you can mess with the materials in the local area.

I'll write something with a bit of detail for what you can do on each level if you want
If it's not too much to ask, yeah, that'd be pretty dang handy. You could do it in parts if it's too much to do at once.

Oh, and are you keeping track of where we are exactly on the map? Or should we?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:11:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2017, 05:29:29 pm »

Build an AI to recognize who is present on the bridge. If not part of the current crew, and no crew members are on bridge deactivate interface until one of the crew unlocks it voluntarily. If not part of the crew, seal the bridge, lock the intruder in, close security shutters over controls.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2017, 06:08:38 pm »

Current action: spar (also, gain knowledge for technique)
PW, should I include a dodge penalty and damage bonus to my tech? Would that increase the knowledge cost?
Finally: have we been sparring for ten hours with two whole attacks done? If the rest of the turn is an hour long, can we get a summary of the results of an hour's worth of sparring? Nameless will yield and rest when his body drops to 20.

Current sheet:

[/quote]

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2017, 06:25:10 pm »

Continue sparring with Nameless, using fists and not weapons. Yield if I:
Gather enough knowledge for the Reference Guide,
Have under 30 body left,
or my opponent yields.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:56:15 am by Rautherdir »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2017, 07:20:31 pm »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Honestly? Faster metalbuilding would be amazing. I'm not too terribly worried about flubbing rolls very hard. TOOLZ4SPEED, please.

This got forgot. However, Engie would be investigating the bore for damage, internally.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 70