Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137552 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2017, 04:45:30 pm »

((Sheet is temporary, still missing about 30 odd points right now.))

Look up the requirments for engineheart medkits, grenades, Soldier’s suit, soul jar and enhancement wire. Begin making the thing with the lowest requirments immediatly

ALSO: what is the best armour I can make without needing to gather any knowledge right now?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:41:26 pm by Pancaek »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2017, 05:14:54 pm »

((Well.  This system is much more difficult to break, certainly.  I probably wouldn't play a Deathless if I hadn't already made him.))

I'm not completely sure about this sheet, I'd like to ask a few questions first.  First, the rules currently say that to disengage from ranged combat, you need to succeed on a cover check, then on a move check.  Could I not simply accept getting hit, and skip right to rolling move?  Or does all combat lock me in until I succeed on a defensive roll?

Second, can divers in the Deep Sea attack people in the real world, dealing damage directly to mind?  Meaning one needs high Transcend, Mind, or Hide to survive their attacks?

Third, could a person willingly separate their mind from their body without trauma, but also without going to Deep Sea Level 6, to avoid the penalties of traumatic death?  Would you need Transcend to do so, even if it's just because you need to have been to L6 before?  Could a skilled diver handle it for you, to prevent the death penalties?

Fourth, are living engines still helpful even after you've been killed and your soul thrown into the Deep Sea?

Fifth, can ghosts stored in an ego vault be removed and placed into a body?

...Oh, and yeah, Sifeebt will spar with Nameless and Vokun.  He'll be defensive, counter-attacking whoever goes for him (Nameless if neither does), and use his saber, but in a nonlethal fashion.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2017, 08:49:25 pm »

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Take some time to make tools for a new tool kit, seeing as mine disappeared. Say, for metalworking purposes.

Considering I'm planning on being the gunsmith/robuttbuilder, I should have some useful tools in my repertoire. Plus, how am I supposed to build my sentries without sentry-making tools?

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2017, 08:56:46 pm »

Once Deira is rested somewhat, learn more about the engine and inner workings of the bore. Walk around, learning about who else is with her on this... pleasure cruise. She'll get something to eat, then return to the bridge and begin tunneling again. Once moving, we will turn to our right (left on the map) and keep moving that way for two squares. During this tunneling time she begins to jury rig traps such that if an invader ever does make it to the bridge she can activate them.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2017, 11:12:20 pm »

Naturally, the universe being what it is now, I cancel my aggressive stance and spar with my teammates using fists instead of weapons.

[spoile=]Nameless] Thoughful corpse
Body: 80
Mind: 20
knowledge: 0
Studying technique: One shot. adds 20 fight for one round against a single target, while reducing endure (and dodge?) by 20 for the round

00 Blast
80 Fight
60 Dodge
40 Cover
60 Endure
80 Move
00 Hide
00 Find
00 Transcend
90 Recover (80 +10)
00 Build
00 Control

Weapon: Knife (3d6 dmg)[/spoiler]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2017, 12:46:45 am »

I'm gonna give everyone time to make sheets (And I just drove 6 hours) so I'll be back with turns tomorrow.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2017, 02:20:01 am »

Provisional sheet, might change a couple small things still.

PW, can we keep the knowledge we gathered, or does that reset?
What about the items that were constructed already, do those go poof into the ether? Could I dive into the Sea and steal them back?

Finally, what's the best armor we can build without needing knowledge? I'd like to start building that.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:41:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2017, 01:28:30 pm »

Spar with Nameless, using fists and not weapons.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2017, 03:25:59 pm »

So this turn is kind of a mess due to the rule switch. Sorry about that. Remember to get those sheets upgraded and post them with your actions or I assume auto failures

YO, ROLLCALL TIME. EVERYONE WHO'S ALREADY ADDED ONE OF MY PIPE PISTOLS TO THEIR SHEET, SAY SO. ANYONE WHO HASN'T ADDED ONE TO THEIR SHEET, BUT WANTS ONE, ADD IT AND TELL ME.

For simplicity's sake, let's assume that I made those seen pistols and then rested. Starting this turn with full stamina and beginning the powerfist now.

Spoiler: Thumonic (click to show/hide)
Beginning. 5 moves till completion.

I've got a pipe pistol

Could I try to muddle my way through making a knife even though I have zero build?

no, unfortunately not. Nut you haven't created a new sheet via the new system yet, so if you throw a 10 or 20 points into it in the new system, you at least have a chance.

Added my technique to my sheet. Check the costs and see if they are fair. Seem a little high to me, but acceptable.

Nameless will fight with his machete and will attack Sifeebt immediately, ignoring Vokun.

Nameless will leap immediately at Sifeebt, attempting to knock him off his feet with a body check (and swinging the machete if that doesn't interfere with a Move attack). He'll ignore Vokun (the other spar partner) this round.
I don't know how combining a Move action and an attack action would work in this system. Primary action is Move - flying leap. Secondary action, if applicable, is swing machete.

((I read the rules about combat and realise that was pointless))

Nameless will yield once his body has taken significant damage. Say, between 50 and 75% He will stop attacking one spar partner if that partner yields or is unable to continue the fight or looks in danger of dying immediately.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
Well since stamina no longer exists I'm gonna do it like this:
Add d20 to your attack, but it costs 5 body.

Also this isn't a new sheet so ....

Verne strides hastily to the engine room when he feels the drill stop moving. He taps Deira on the shoulder and jabs his hand at a random desk ornament.

"What does that mean? Why have we stopped descending? Is it something? Is it a thing?"

Check the top and sides of the ship for leaks. If there are any leaks or places I can get at it, stick a finger into the water and check the taste.

Then try and build a rifle.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
[57]
15 hours and you'll have it done.

The top and sides of the WHOLE bore? All 6 stories of it?

....well you do have 90 find.

[81]
You search then entire bore from top to bottom and find 3 leaks, all of which are minor oil leaks rather than leaks from the outside. You plug them up as you find them.

Deira is somewhat skeptical of Verne. Given she has been driving for 15 hours and still he is demanding to know why she has stopped.

'I'm tired.'

She stands, and hands Verne one of her small ornaments as she walks away.

'I'm having a sleep.'

Spoiler: Deira (click to show/hide)
You head downstairs and catch some shuteye.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

PANCAEK, your rifle is ready!

Take some time to make tools for a new tool kit, seeing as mine disappeared. Say, for metalworking purposes.

Considering I'm planning on being the gunsmith/robuttbuilder, I should have some useful tools in my repertoire. Plus, how am I supposed to build my sentries without sentry-making tools?
Do you want these tools to add a bonus to build OR help you build faster?
New sheet, please let me know if I clucked it up

Try to make a knife Razorblade
Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
Edit - Fixed fight and blast
THink its fine so long as you only used 400 points.

Build 10 huh?
[92]
Thats...thats some high level failure.  In fact, I'm pretty sure you tried to grind a piece of metal on a grinder in the workshop, slipped and lost a finger.

Edit: Why are Post and Preview right next to each other?

Edit2: 400 points not 600...

Thank you

((Sheet is temporary, still missing about 30 odd points right now.))

Look up the requirments for engineheart medkits, grenades, Soldier’s suit, soul jar and enhancement wire. Begin making the thing with the lowest requirments immediatly

ALSO: what is the best armour I can make without needing to gather any knowledge right now?

You can make a medkit of either kind (repair or med) for 50 knowledge.
Grenades (2d20) need 50 knowledge too, but you make a box of 20.
Soldier suit needs no knowledge and is the best armor that doesn't.
Soul jar is 500
enhancement wire is 450.

Lowest is soldier suit so
[98]
Well, you fucked that up. You can try again with a +10 difficulty.

((Well.  This system is much more difficult to break, certainly.  I probably wouldn't play a Deathless if I hadn't already made him.))

I'm not completely sure about this sheet, I'd like to ask a few questions first.  First, the rules currently say that to disengage from ranged combat, you need to succeed on a cover check, then on a move check.  Could I not simply accept getting hit, and skip right to rolling move?  Or does all combat lock me in until I succeed on a defensive roll?

Second, can divers in the Deep Sea attack people in the real world, dealing damage directly to mind?  Meaning one needs high Transcend, Mind, or Hide to survive their attacks?

Third, could a person willingly separate their mind from their body without trauma, but also without going to Deep Sea Level 6, to avoid the penalties of traumatic death?  Would you need Transcend to do so, even if it's just because you need to have been to L6 before?  Could a skilled diver handle it for you, to prevent the death penalties?

Fourth, are living engines still helpful even after you've been killed and your soul thrown into the Deep Sea?

Fifth, can ghosts stored in an ego vault be removed and placed into a body?

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
I suppose you could just skip to the run and accept the hit, sure.
They can attack players minds directly, yes, but this requires at least level 3 depth. If they attack your mind directly, endure is used to defend.  With good hide you can just avoid their notice, or at least attempt to.
You could purposefully cut your mind from your body as a type of suicide, but you couldn't incarnate yourself. You'd have to get someone to ressurect you. And yes, you'd need an eye disk and transcend roll.
Only if you did so purposefully.
Yes, but it basically requires throwing them back into the deep sea and then ressurecting them like normal.

Once Deira is rested somewhat, learn more about the engine and inner workings of the bore. Walk around, learning about who else is with her on this... pleasure cruise. She'll get something to eat, then return to the bridge and begin tunneling again. Once moving, we will turn to our right (left on the map) and keep moving that way for two squares. During this tunneling time she begins to jury rig traps such that if an invader ever does make it to the bridge she can activate them.

Time doesn't progress too fast when the ship isn't moving so you have to save that for once we get underway again.

Provisional sheet, might change a couple small things still.

PW, can we keep the knowledge we gathered, or does that reset?
What about the items that were constructed already, do those go poof into the ether? Could I dive into the Sea and steal them back?

Finally, what's the best armor we can build without needing knowledge? I'd like to start building that.

Sure you can, though what you're working towards might be different if its a technique. For you, its the same.

Nah they stick around.

Soldier's suit.
[29]
Soldier's suit is basically the armor from Jin-roh, if you've ever seen that. It's not powered or anything, its just basically a suit of modern platemail. It takes a while to make and has to be sized to the person wearing it, but is pretty simple other than that.  But its a lot of plates pieces to hammer out and make, so we're looking at like 100 hours.

Spar with Nameless, using fists and not weapons.

80 Fight
60 Dodge
[fight 17/80 vs dodge 69/60]
[fight 84/80]
Massive success vs failure. bonus damage. (2d6=6 damage to nameless)
You bob and weave like a professional boxer as nameless stands stock still and stares at you with wide eyes. After a few seconds you dart in, swinging a hard blow into nameless's ribs and then another into into his jaw.  He shakes his head and then swings a wild haymaker at your face but misjudges the distance and misses you entirely. 

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2017, 03:33:08 pm »

Lean out the pod bay doors door in the hangar and taste the water droplets falling and running over the ship. Salty? Delicious? Fetid? Actually alcohol?

Then knuckle down for that 5/15 hours of sweaty rifle building.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:38:07 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2017, 03:35:13 pm »

Help Joshua(RC) with building his soldier's suit.

Also, I was gathering knowledge for gun-fu. It used to be 400 knowledge, and allowed me to use blast in melee instead of fight at a cost of 5 stamina per turn. Any chance you could rebalance that for the new system?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:31:09 pm by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2017, 04:27:30 pm »

Keep working on that armor I guess.
PW, if it's not too much too ask, could you perhaps give me an idea of what kinds of things I can expect to be able to do on various levels of the Deep Sea? I think that as an ascetic my char would know a thing or two already, though if you'd prefer me to discover everything myself bit by bit that's fine as well (the latter would be my go-to option if not for the time limit we have in getting some gear ready before next expedition).

New action below.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:31:37 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2017, 04:36:18 pm »

Waffel walks up to Joshua in the workshop, standing next to him as he works on his armour.

"Monk organic, it has come to my attention that your kind go limp and defensless upon using your powers. More than is usual of organics, I mean. This one proposes we size that"

He points at the soldiers armour

"To my specifications, and add some sort of basket to the back. This way, I can carry you around while you do your thing. You would gain the advantage of not being a defenceless sack of meat laying on the ground, and I get some armour. What say you?"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2017, 05:00:56 pm »

Yeah, so I posted this sheet after you changed it from 600 t0 400, but the one you used was the wrong one. I'll just accept the loss, and use the right sheet from now on.

"DAMMIT! Uhh, could one 'ya make me a knife before I lose any more digits!"

Clean up the bloody stump where my finger was.
 Also, this vessel needs a name, I vote we call it the "Ember Heart" because we're small, but we're lighting the way or something

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:04:38 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2017, 05:21:27 pm »

I will repost this as this turn's action instead.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70