Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137462 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2017, 07:03:10 pm »

"It can be useful to have a backup plan when venturing into unknown territory, yes, but you must not allow yourself to be tied to plans made when you had less information than you do now. If we arrive at a place, and your skills are not effective in that particular environment, then you must reevaluate, and consider not going."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2017, 07:20:55 pm »

"what we should do is go ahead and set up a team, so we have a contingency, then we alter that team as we see fit if the siuation calls for it. Until then we should set up a well rounded base team"
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2017, 07:21:04 pm »

Observe the meatbag with a sword, and the others behind him.

"Oh please, meatbag, I'm not here to hurt these unconscious meatbags.  I'm here to entertain myself.  You seem pretty proud of yourself, and you're standing here guarding them.  Tell you what, how about we put it to a bet?  If I can get past you, I win.  If I can't, I lose."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2017, 07:47:42 pm »

go to the sancuary to protect against possible monsters from another world, or watch a fight break out between my teammates with amusement, whichever comes first
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:51:06 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2017, 08:39:40 pm »

The masked man simply stares at the engineheart for several seconds, before eventually responding with a single word: "No."

Robutt gets attacked if it attempts to get closer to the divers.  If it leaves, go back to lazing around on pillows.

Spoiler: Sifeebt (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2017, 08:44:46 pm »

"Do any of you fine engineers wish to help me get an actual firearm, and not this mass-produced garbage? I'll make it up for you by actually being able to kill the enemies trying to murder us."

Loiter around the archives looking to gather knowledge about fighting techniques involving guns, to research gun-fu

((I'm looking for a +25 rifle, so a 45+ build roll is required. PW gave the go-ahead on this))

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:03:49 am by Pancaek »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2017, 09:48:51 pm »

"Do any of you fine engineers wish to help me get an actual firearm, and not this mass-produced garbage? I'll make it up for you by actually being able to kill the enemies trying to murder us."

((I'm looking for a +25 rifle, so a 45+ build roll is required. PW gave the go-ahead on this))

Build this man a rifle! Yes, I'll wait.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2017, 10:12:44 pm »

Finish up my pistol. Then build a flamethrower.

((I changed my stats around a bit.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:18:10 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2017, 01:32:00 am »

"Fine"

Go back to the engineering room and ask the engie meatbag about my knife

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2017, 03:36:51 am »

"Just a knife? Nothing with some more punch behind it? Diesel Gauntlets seem pretty energetic, I almost regret the fact that I'm to weak to use them.
If you're set on cutting things, we could probably work out some kind of sword design. Roan like to put big stamps of authenticity on their swords, but that doesn't make an imitation any less deadly."

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2017, 04:41:56 am »

Go to the bridge and idly wonder why the brain is in such a vulnerable position.

"Anyone got any last minute goodbyes? Everyone been to the men's room? ARE WE ALL READY TO SET OFF?"

Verne shouts the last one down the length of the elevator shaft.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2017, 09:06:30 am »

"I want something that's better than these pipe-pistols at killing, and something for range as well as at short.  I'll take anything if it's killy enough."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2017, 12:48:45 pm »

Start gathering knowledge for something that will increase my hide.

Find enough to make a simple toolbox.

Could I build some sort of weapon I could fire while remaining hidden? Doesn't have to be too powerful and could also have recoil or some other drawback.

Spoiler: Joe Dire (click to show/hide)
By how much?

You can find the parts but I don't think you...well you could build it on your own but it would take a totally perfect roll.

Blowgun or bow and arrow might work.

((Well, unless someone tells my character we're about to get moving, I'm going to do this.))

Begin collecting research and supplies for a reference guide for the Archive: Make a binder to store information in.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
Ok, You just need 30 knowledge for this.

[Find 10+14] And you just got 10 by searching around the archive and compiling info on what you found.

Pipeguns go to whoever wants one, first come first served. Make sure that the number of guns does not exceed seven (7), because that's all I'm making for now. (For reference, the current crew size is ~Sixteen (16), so we should be able to arm a decent percentage.)

Can I continue working on guns while the Bore is traveling? Either way I'm ready to leave now, but please tell me how many guns I made and my remaining Stamina if we leave before I'm done.

How long to make a simple knife?

((After listening to syv in IRC, moved 4 points from Recover to Endure and Move. This will hopefully make me very slightly less likely to die.))

Spoiler: Thumonic (click to show/hide)

PW DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS ^
FOR MY OWN USE ONLY
Ok, well when you get em, you can hand them out as you desire.

Yep!

A simple knife? Like a half hour.

Nameless offers his services as a full contact sparring partner. Weapons included.

Nameless also requests an engineer make him some enhancement wires.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
These are really things that are between players so...

"Note to self: look for chalkboard for communication. Or maybe use morse tapping? Perhaps a more complex device can be made, should look into that... "

How does Dev's character (a robut) look like to me from the deep sea?
If I can perceive robuts any way, try touching his body to learn more (like with the wall). Or does their lack of a soul prevent this as well?
Does stamina refill when chilling out in ghostmode? Are there other ways to refill it while diving?
If I could pick up an realspace item when on a deeper sea level, say a gun, and try to fire it: what roll would that use?
How are relics made? Like regular items with a build roll in the real world? Are they pulled out of the ether? Or does it require gathering knowledge for even the weakest of them?
Finally, are there/will there be ways to increase our max stamina in-game, or is the starting amount all we're ever gonna get?

((I'd like a pipe gun as well, but since I'm in no position to claim one IC, I'll just take one if there's any left. If not, no biggie, I've still got my weird-o-vision.))
You see only more mundane matter, nothing like the living things around you, even the Bore.
You try to touch him, but the shadows refuse to solidify under your fingers
Nope, you lose 5 to project, then 2 each turn while projecting, and an additional 2 if you attack. You've lost 11 so far, 13 if we count this turn. I don't see your sheet so I can't tell you how much you have left.
Transcend to pick it up, blast to fire
Relics require knowledge to make, even the weak ones.
There are ways.

Something more begins to form from the shadows, something bigger.

Familiarise myself with the mapping system and other systems I may otherwise be unfamiliar with. Once i get comfortable in place, and once everyone is on board and ready to go, get the drill moving straight down.

If we aren't yet ready, make a cup of coffee and pull out a good book.

Spoiler: Deira (click to show/hide)

[control:50+9] You get acquainted with the mapping system and the various sensors of the machine. There looks to be some kind of deep ping system here that might give an idea about the material of surrounding areas. Might be useful. You get the machine ready to go and announce to everyone that you're gonna set out in a few moments.

The masked man simply stares at the engineheart for several seconds, before eventually responding with a single word: "No."

Robutt gets attacked if it attempts to get closer to the divers.  If it leaves, go back to lazing around on pillows.

Spoiler: Sifeebt (click to show/hide)
Observe the meatbag with a sword, and the others behind him.

"Oh please, meatbag, I'm not here to hurt these unconscious meatbags.  I'm here to entertain myself.  You seem pretty proud of yourself, and you're standing here guarding them.  Tell you what, how about we put it to a bet?  If I can get past you, I win.  If I can't, I lose."
Well, the meat bags in the back look fairly standard but this frontbag here, he seems more dangerous than most meatbags. And he's in your way...Hmm.

go to the sancuary to protect against possible monsters from another world, or watch a fight break out between my teammates with amusement, whichever comes first

The population of the sanctuary is rising by the minute.

Loiter around the archives looking to gather knowledge about fighting techniques involving guns, to research gun-fu

[Find: 10+4] You gain 10 knowledge about the technique you're researching.

Build this man a rifle! Yes, I'll wait.

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)
Build 40+12
Gonna take 15 hours, ie 45 stamina. Assume 5 moves of the drill before its done.

Finish up my pistol. Then build a flamethrower.

((I changed my stats around a bit.))
Wait for it
"Fine"

Go back to the engineering room and ask the engie meatbag about my knife
THAT LOOKS LIKE TWO MOVES NOT CONDENSED TO ONE ACTION

WOOOP WOOP WOOOP

Go to the bridge and idly wonder why the brain is in such a vulnerable position.

"Anyone got any last minute goodbyes? Everyone been to the men's room? ARE WE ALL READY TO SET OFF?"

Verne shouts the last one down the length of the elevator shaft.

The brain, which no one has gotten a look at yet, is quite a thing. It doesn't really resemble a human brain at all; it looks more like a cubic crystal with small cube growths coming off it in random places. It's partially submerged in a black  oily substance and there is a constant surge of electricity crackling across it, arcing between the growths and crawling along its surface. The oil occasionally catches fire and fills the glass dome the brain is contained in with a burst of black smoke and swirling embers.  Even from here, behind the glass, you can feel something in there, like a great eye leering down on you.

Holiday and Sou say their final goodbyes to the crew and head out the main door as Deira retracts the ramp and closes the hanger. All around the Bore scaffolding is folding back, fuel tubes are retracting, crewmen are running back to get into the armored airlock and not be shredded by rocky shrapnel as the machine starts up. After a few minutes Sou comes over the bridge radio.

"The coms wire is hooked up and will automatically be spooling out from here on so long as you don't snap it or anything. Good luck."

Deira flips a switch to connect the main engine power and there is a audible metal thunk that reverberates through the entire machine. The metal legs shift and flex, seemingly of their own accord, pulling themselves in and then lifting the entire machine several feet into the air. Metal strains and the machine shivers newborn, untested strength. Deira takes the throttle leaver in both hands and slowly raises it up to full. The engine roars, its thumping pistons sounding off like hammers beating on metal, shaking the machine like an iron heart. Black exhaust pours out into the cave and fills it soot and cinders.  The drill itself whirls and sequels, a chrome cyclone beneath the machine.

"All hands brace."

Deira checks the heading one last time and then shifts the last lever forward.

"CONTACT"

The legs push hard downward and spear the drill straight into the stone. The machine shakes violently and then stabilizes and is underway. The surface vanishes in a few seconds, becoming nothing more than a rapidly shrinking circle of light above the bridge. With a mighty clang the coms arm drives the first metal stake into the stone and spools the coms line out behind it.

Ok, here's how this works. Each of these squares is 5 hours of digging. We're basically gonna compress time as we move between locations, so that builders can build more and we don't have to sit around doing nothing.  So builders, each square is 5 hours of work, or 1 sleep to fully restore your stamina. Plan your stuff accordingly.

Now then the question is, how deep do we go? How far do we move straight down before stopping or moving in another direction?  Lets get that worked out before anything else.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2017, 01:05:03 pm »

Gather knowledge for +10 hide.

How about finding a few simple tools for+5 build?
By the way, would I need different tools and consumables to perform medicine on fleshy people? Or does build cover everything?

Would I have any chance of building a bow or blowdart on my own?
How about converting my clothes to give me +5 hide, could I do that?
If yes to any of the above, do that.

Spoiler: Joe Dire (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:08:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2017, 01:16:31 pm »

Do some research in the archives on light flexible armour.

"So how's about digging straight down for a day, then not going any deeper? How do we feel about that, people?"

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:21:09 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70