Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137476 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2017, 12:25:29 pm »

Claim one of the seven pipe pistols, then go back to the archives and look up some documentation on Enginehearts. Famous enginehearts and their exploits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2017, 02:51:47 pm »

Look around for someone to spar with.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
You're basically gonna have to ask people yourself.
Watch Joshua ((Radio)).  Use transcendence if that can be done without an eye disk.  Does he look different from a normal sleeping person in any way?

EDIT: Below, Dev is saying he's gonna screw with the unconcious diver in the sanctuary with Sifeebt.  Sifeebt is very specifically in the Sanctuary to protect the divers.  He isn't going to let Dev touch anyone, and will resort to violence if necessary.

Spoiler: Sifeebt (click to show/hide)
Go draw mustaches on the unconscious divers

Sifeebt steps between the mechanical man and the unconscious diver.

"Please, if you like arm attached to body, step away."

Build myself a nice pistol. If I have any stamina left set to work on a six armed body with 2 pairs of eyes placed in the center of the chest at the point where each pair of arms meet. With +20 body stats
[build 40+17]
You begin building a good pistol (+20). You are now in wait time with Egan because thats 12 hours of work and you can only do 5 hours before tuckering out.

Deira mutters to herself, and makes her way down to prime the fuel pumps as required. Of course, if it is starting for the first time it would have a few hitches. Still, she would care for the machine, and hopefully it would care for her in return. Whilst down there, she will check the condition of the primary engine, glean any information she can on it.

Edit: utilise Nameless's help in any way possible.

Spoiler: Deira (click to show/hide)

@Sialia: direct Nameless to help and he will do the manual labor with you
Nameless will act as hands and feet for the pilot. that is, he will go and manually throw switches, if the pilot tells him which to throw.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Nameless takes the ladder from the third floor down to the second and proceeds to manually crank the pumps until they're primed for use. Then, he heads up to the leg engines and inserts the fuses, flips the main activation switch, and unlocks the joint motors.

Once all this is done, Deira activates the engines with a push of a button and the entire drill rumbles to life. Even up on the bridge she can feel the metal vibrating gently beneath her feet.

attempt to acquire the one of the pipe guns, then go search for a big piece of pipe to use as a melee weapon for now

would one of you be so kind as to make me a nice long knife?

You'll have to talk to Egan about who he's handing them out to.

"Emperor Of the Deep 1, unfathomable terrors from beyond our ken 0."

I take it my Beads have reformed after their attack?
Check out if anything remains of that monster centipede. Could I collect its remains?
Try to say hello out loud. Can the other people in the room hear me? Can I hear them?
Can I pick up objects, eg. a cushion, and move it around while otherwordly?
I can get information on things (eg wall) by touching them, but could I also try to move/phase through them?

Also, what does 'Overkill Rule' imply?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Yup.
Nothing remains, the shadowy thing has dissolved back whence it came.
You know from your experience as an ascetic that no, they can't. You can hear them, but only with effort.
Not on this level.
You can get info on things by touching them (though they may resist in the form of living things) and you can try to move through things too. The real difficulty on this level is moving away from your body.

Overkill rule is that if you are fighting some low level mook enemy and double his roll, then it just straight kills. Only works on enemies you'd have no real problem killing anyways.

Attempt to build an armoured robe.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
Build 10 + 10

No luck.

Go around the ship with the startup crew. Inform them if I Find anything that looks out of place (loose bolts, dripping fluids, etc) so that they can take a closer look at it. Also make sure to secure things that need securing in place, we don't want things flying off of shelves as we move, since I assume this isn't a very smooth ride.

If everything goes well and I have time to spare, I'd like to Find information about how best I could convert my clothes into something that would increase my hide to +5. Perhaps turn them dark and reflection-less and add a hood?

Spoiler: Joe Dire (click to show/hide)

You start wandering around the bore, looking for anything that isn't bolted down. The Archive shelves have sort of like...metal blind sort of things that you can roll down that stops the books from falling out, so you do that.Anything big and heavy in the Cargo hold is strapped down, and the Crawler is too. The beds are bolted to the floor and the workroom has tool chests and tables bolted down as well, so if it is properly cleaned up it should all be nicely stowed away. From what it seems, everything is set up to deal with movement, though some clean up and stowing may be needed.

Claim one of the seven pipe pistols, then go back to the archives and look up some documentation on Enginehearts. Famous enginehearts and their exploits.

Again, up to egan who gets em.

Find 10+10

You find some info about enginehearts but it is very clinical and from a mechanic's standpoint, talking about theories of their creation rather than any of their exploits.

When you guys are ready, I think The pilot is ready to move out.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2017, 03:14:42 pm »

Start gathering knowledge for something that will increase my hide.

Find enough to make a simple toolbox.

Could I build some sort of weapon I could fire while remaining hidden? Doesn't have to be too powerful and could also have recoil or some other drawback.

Spoiler: Joe Dire (click to show/hide)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2017, 03:17:18 pm »

((Well, unless someone tells my character we're about to get moving, I'm going to do this.))

Begin collecting research and supplies for a reference guide for the Archive: Make a binder to store information in.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2017, 03:33:17 pm »

Pipeguns go to whoever wants one, first come first served. Make sure that the number of guns does not exceed seven (7), because that's all I'm making for now. (For reference, the current crew size is ~Sixteen (16), so we should be able to arm a decent percentage.)

Can I continue working on guns while the Bore is traveling? Either way I'm ready to leave now, but please tell me how many guns I made and my remaining Stamina if we leave before I'm done.

How long to make a simple knife?

((After listening to syv in IRC, moved 4 points from Recover to Endure and Move. This will hopefully make me very slightly less likely to die.))

Spoiler: Thumonic (click to show/hide)

PW DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS ^
FOR MY OWN USE ONLY
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 03:47:50 am by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2017, 03:37:26 pm »

Go grab a pipe pistol

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:43:39 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2017, 03:45:07 pm »

Thumonic, can I have one of the pipe pistols you made?

"Yeah, sure. They're for everyone."
Thumonic briefly glances up from her work to size up Jakie.

"...Amend that. Limit one per person. duel wielding is inefficient. If you desire more firepower you may request a rifle."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2017, 04:24:32 pm »

Nameless offers his services as a full contact sparring partner. Weapons included.

Nameless also requests an engineer make him some enhancement wires.

Nameless then begins gathering knowledge for a technique called One Shot. the goal is to increase damage and accuracy for one attack at the cost of move or defense or stamina or some combination of the three. a Risky killing blow, which might leave the attacker vulnerable for a time after use.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:46:32 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2017, 05:25:39 pm »

"Note to self: look for chalkboard for communication. Or maybe use morse tapping? Perhaps a more complex device can be made, should look into that... "

How does Dev's character (a robut) look like to me from the deep sea?
If I can perceive robuts any way, try touching his body to learn more (like with the wall). Or does their lack of a soul prevent this as well?
Does stamina refill when chilling out in ghostmode? Are there other ways to refill it while diving?
If I could pick up an realspace item when on a deeper sea level, say a gun, and try to fire it: what roll would that use?
How are relics made? Like regular items with a build roll in the real world? Are they pulled out of the ether? Or does it require gathering knowledge for even the weakest of them?
Finally, are there/will there be ways to increase our max stamina in-game, or is the starting amount all we're ever gonna get?

((I'd like a pipe gun as well, but since I'm in no position to claim one IC, I'll just take one if there's any left. If not, no biggie, I've still got my weird-o-vision.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 10:21:46 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2017, 05:27:29 pm »

Familiarise myself with the mapping system and other systems I may otherwise be unfamiliar with. Once i get comfortable in place, and once everyone is on board and ready to go, get the drill moving straight down.

If we aren't yet ready, make a cup of coffee and pull out a good book.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:26:09 pm by Sialia »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2017, 05:45:59 pm »

"So before too long, we's gonna have tu' leave this box, and we should start organizing the away team. We have two builders and two delvers, we should leave one and take one of each, that way we have their skills on the mission, but don't risk losing any overall capability. On that note, I volunteer to go on the first mission"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2017, 05:52:36 pm »

"Bit early for that, don't you think? We don't even know where we'll first need an expedition."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2017, 05:59:23 pm »

Familiarise myself with the mapping system and other systems I may otherwise be unfamiliar with. Once i get comfortable in place, and once everyone is on board and ready to go, get the drill moving.

If we aren't yet ready, make a cup of coffee and pull out a good book.

You should probably specify a drilling direction, or a square on the map to drill into. Like "Straight down" Down left" "square b-7," whatever.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2017, 06:26:36 pm »

You should probably specify a drilling direction, or a square on the map to drill into. Like "Straight down" Down left" "square b-7," whatever.
Noted and edited. Thanks.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2017, 06:53:21 pm »

"Bit early for that, don't you think? We don't even know where we'll first need an expedition."
"yes, but if we start planning now while some of us have time, we won't have to waste time later, plus we are drilling now, we don't know what we'll find, we should be ready."

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 70