Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137375 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2017, 07:43:06 pm »

Tarrek nods to Sou.

"My thanks for showing us around."

That said, he takes his leave and walks to the sanctuary.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2017, 07:51:20 pm »

Spoiler: Tommy Faber (click to show/hide)

Sure mate, I'll build you a  gun and bloody great chopper.

Build gentlefish and Oz a rapid rifle and a machete out of some spare parts in the workroom.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:42:34 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2017, 08:20:44 pm »

Build gentlefish a nice semi automatic pistol and a machete out of some spare parts in the workroom.

((Wrong guy, but I'll take it!))

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Wander off and take a look around. Could I pilot this thing?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2017, 08:37:11 pm »

"Guns. Not the most exciting project, but I'll take it."

Go down to the workshop and build enough standard sidearms to hand out to the whole crew.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 09:09:28 pm by Egan_BW »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2017, 08:53:12 pm »

Go down to the workshop and build enough standard sidearms to hand out to the whole crew.

"I shall aid in finding materials for weapon making."

Help finding scrap and materials in the workshop for making firearms.

Spoiler: waffel (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2017, 09:12:24 pm »

I decided to change my character, since the archetype revamp made Deathless more practical, and I prefer it anyway.  Now my minmaxing is much more likely to get me permakilled!

...Oh, for my actual action, go examine the sanctuary.

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2017, 11:59:37 pm »

(To engie)

"Hey, it's been all day and I haven't had anything to kill yet.  You make me a knife, I'll let you pick someone to be stabbed with it."

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2017, 02:42:16 am »

Poking her nose around the bridge Deira dusts off the driver seat carefully. She then settles herself down into it and begins to familiarise herself with the control layout. She adjusts the seat to perfection.

'When may we leave?' She asks

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2017, 02:50:14 am »

(To engie)

"Hey, it's been all day and I haven't had anything to kill yet.  You make me a knife, I'll let you pick someone to be stabbed with it."

"Yeah, uh... just a bit. Let me get a good look-see 'round here, first."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2017, 03:10:22 am »

Yelling to the people going of to build various flavors of murder, Joshua yells "Build me a nice shooter as well if you could, I'd appreciate it! And maybe a knife if you have any to spare."

He then looks back at the moleman, thanks him for his time, and walks to the sanctuary to inspect what will probably be his main workplace in this joint.

Shuffle over to the Santuary, check if there's anything lying around that's useful for a Dau plying his trade. Try to determine if this room seems to boost diver powers or has a stronger connection to the Deep Sea.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 05:23:41 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2017, 05:15:59 am »

Go to the workshop, let my mind go blank and my hands do what they like. Or if that does nothing, try to make my rifle more accurate.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2017, 05:24:59 am »

"I understand. Imperfect protection is better than no protection. Will the machine take care of searching for fuel or is that something we should be on the lookout for? Or are we supplied with enough fuel that this will not be a concern?"

"Considering that this drill is essentially your property under our contract, is there anything we are explicitly forbidden from doing? Could we, for example, modify the drill to adjust to unexpected mission environments? Or use violence on other crew members to protect the mission?"

More questions.

((So how does knowledge work exactly? Do I just write "gathering knowledge to build X" in my char sheet and will be granted knowledge when it is appropriate? Or will it be granted at the end of every expedition based on what we did?))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 05:28:53 am by Parisbre56 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2017, 11:11:22 am »

"Yeah, uh... just a bit. Let me get a good look-see 'round here, first."

"Okay, but if I don't get a knife, I'll have to fall back on throttling, and that always gets me testy."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:48:46 pm by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2017, 01:37:22 pm »

Oh my god. You're gonna need a separate thread for the nitpickers, lol.

Anyway, my sheet is done. My guy is pretty much the exact opposite of what i was going for, but eh, play to the swtrengths of the archetype and all.

Nameless grabs anyone who looks good with tools, and mutters one mord to them: "Machete." If one agrees, he proceeds to the next and says "Climbing pick." If that gets a positive response, he moves to the next and says "carabiners."

Hey, Jag, syv, Sia, Egan, RC, or Gentlefish, wanna make me a makeshift weapon and possibly some tools?

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Hey, other players, This guy wants weapons and sweet goodies.

"Huh. I'm going to go see what would I would like for a weapon."

Walk over to the archive, and look through combat manuals.

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)

The archive is pretty simple; just a large room with metal shelves and a few chairs scattered around in it. Some of the shelves are stocked with books but others are empty and there are a good half dozen unopened crates sitting between the aisles, probably holding the books that would line those unoccupied shelves. Theres a large metal box on one wall with the label "MAP ARCHIVE".

You look through the books already on the shelf for information about a weapon that would be uniquely suited to you. After some textual window-shopping, you come to the conclusion that  the weapon you want is probably a sharpened gravity or some other kind of encapsulated reality destortion weapon pulled from the deep sea. But considering no one here has the knowledge to create such a thing, you decide that you probably want a Hypoknife instead. 

Tarrek nods to Sou.

"My thanks for showing us around."

That said, he takes his leave and walks to the sanctuary.

The sancuary is a small room, modeled after the cliffside retreats of the ascetics. It is very plain,  a box with lavender cushions to sit on and a single hanging light in the middle of the room. You know that the Ascetics concentrate on such hanging lights to begin their dive, but it's really not nessicary.  Still, the room is comfortable enough and very quiet, oddly. It must be well insulated because you can't hear anything from outside it once the door is shut. You tap the walls with your claws. You kind of expected more than this, honestly, but it makes sense if it was styled after the ascetics; they're no fun.

Build gentlefish and Oz a rapid rifle and a machete out of some spare parts in the workroom.
Few problems here.
1. You can't build above +30 weapons without knowledge aquired for that build.
2. Even if you could, building a +40 rapid rifle would require a perfect 20 roll.

[Build 30+10+18=58]
You grab a spare chuck of metal from the workroom and spend an hour or so grinding away at it on the metal grider until you've shaped it into a square machete with a good sharp edge (Fight +20)

Build gentlefish a nice semi automatic pistol and a machete out of some spare parts in the workroom.

((Wrong guy, but I'll take it!))

Spoiler: Engie (click to show/hide)

Wander off and take a look around. Could I pilot this thing?
You take a look around the cockpit.
[Control 20+13]
Hmm, the basics of this machine seem fairly simple honestly. You feel like you could pilot it in most situations.

Hmm You can build for 7 hours before you exhaust yourself.  A simple pistol , especially a revolver, doesn't have many moving pieces, but the machining does have to be pretty precise.  Estimates for making one with the right tools (which we'll assume you have) vary from 8 to 16 hours a piece.  We'll split the difference and say it takes 12 hours to make a +20 pistol.  Which means working for a good long time, taking a break, then working again to finish one.  Alternatively, you can mass manufacture cheap and shitty pipe guns much faster. They'd do less damage, but you could actually crank them out at a rate of about 1 an hour.

"I shall aid in finding materials for weapon making."

Help finding scrap and materials in the workshop for making firearms.

Spoiler: waffel (click to show/hide)
You head down to the cargo room and start gathering up raw materials for Thum's ambitious armament plans. You carry them back to the work room by the arm load and dump them on the ground near the lathe.

I decided to change my character, since the archetype revamp made Deathless more practical, and I prefer it anyway.  Now my minmaxing is much more likely to get me permakilled!

...Oh, for my actual action, go examine the sanctuary.

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)
You join Tarrek in the sanctuary

Poking her nose around the bridge Deira dusts off the driver seat carefully. She then settles herself down into it and begins to familiarise herself with the control layout. She adjusts the seat to perfection.

'When may we leave?' She asks

Make sure to bold actions or I may not notice them.

"Whenever you're all ready, really. Oh and when Holiday finishes installing that door. She might be done already though."

Yelling to the people going of to build various flavors of murder, Joshua yells "Build me a nice shooter as well if you could, I'd appreciate it! And maybe a knife if you have any to spare."

He then looks back at the moleman, thanks him for his time, and walks to the sanctuary to inspect what will probably be his main workplace in this joint.

Shuffle over to the Santuary, check if there's anything lying around that's useful for a Dau plying his trade. Try to determine if this room seems to boost diver powers or has a stronger connection to the Deep Sea.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

You head to the sanctuary. Ah, it feels just like one of the retreats! A tiny bubble disconnected from the rest of the world.  You can feel the depths spread out beneath your feet, like standing on the edge of a cliff.  This place is definitely connected to the Deep Sea.

[transcend 45+12]  You shift the bead chain between your fingers, carefully squeezing past each large bead.  You touch your hand to the very plain walls and feel something beyond them. This machine is definitely alive, that is no surprise, but something about its life seems to flow through here, as though you are standing in a major artery.

Go to the workshop, let my mind go blank and my hands do what they like. Or if that does nothing, try to make my rifle more accurate.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
[build 10+5]
You construct a little crude model of a submarine.

"I understand. Imperfect protection is better than no protection. Will the machine take care of searching for fuel or is that something we should be on the lookout for? Or are we supplied with enough fuel that this will not be a concern?"

"Considering that this drill is essentially your property under our contract, is there anything we are explicitly forbidden from doing? Could we, for example, modify the drill to adjust to unexpected mission environments? Or use violence on other crew members to protect the mission?"

More questions.

((So how does knowledge work exactly? Do I just write "gathering knowledge to build X" in my char sheet and will be granted knowledge when it is appropriate? Or will it be granted at the end of every expedition based on what we did?))

"There's a fuel gauge over there, but you should have enough for a good bit of digging. Also, the thing will run off of almost any flammable liquid from crude oil to booze.

Well...I don't want to advocate murder but let me put it to you like this: I care about results more than how exactly you get them."

((Basically. You say the thing you wanna make and then I say "Ok, this much knowledge is needed" and you then gain knowledge via various means. Even must murdering people sometimes. Think of it like XP, you'll acquire it from doing lots of things,some more or less.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2017, 01:54:25 pm »

Dig around in the Sanctuary's cushion box.  Is there any useful transcendence increasing stuff?  If not, just grab an armload of pillows and dump them in a corner as a makeshift bed, from which to watch the spooks.

Spoiler: Sifeebt (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70