Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: An Experimental Alternate WW2 Game (OOC/Signups)  (Read 1926 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: An Experimental Alternate WW2 Game (Interest Check/Mechanics test)
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 11:17:34 pm »

From what I recall from CoD:WaW, the M1 Carbine came with a 15 round box magazine, standard. In the next game, there'll be attachments, like extended magazines, which brings this up to 30. And it fires a lower powered round at roughly the same rate of fire as the Garand.
So... Yeah, it'll work for that purpose.

The budget is 3500. I may have to up it if anyone else joins in. Otherwise, I'll probably start this tomorrow morning (if possible at all). Also remember that there is a discord. Link's in the OP.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:21:56 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 11:24:44 pm »

From what I recall from CoD:WaW, the M1 Carbine came with a 15 round box magazine, standard. In the next game, there'll be attachments, like extended magazines, which brings this up to 30. And it fires a lower powered round at roughly the same rate of fire as the Garand.
So... Yeah, it'll work for that purpose.

The budget is 3500. I may have to up it if anyone else joins in. Otherwise, I'll probably start this tomorrow morning (if possible at all). Also remember that there is a discord. Link's in the OP.

Yah about that:
https://youtu.be/9OMNpf-QUVk?t=700
Though I suppose you could do the same thing with a M1 Garand.
Also I've never used discord how is it.
Edit:
Oh and the invite apparently expired.
Apologizes if I sound condescending. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:39:33 pm by Slick »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 11:39:46 pm »

Alright. Fair enough. I went with my general knowledge of the lower spectrum of the magazine size and what Wikipedia said about the higher end.

Discord is better than anything else I had been using for the exact same purpose. It has a pretty good UI, as far as I can tell. You have dedicated servers that can have a large number of individual channels within them, as well as a voice chat system where you can jump in or opt out at your leisure while still doing everything else on discord on other channels or servers.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2017, 12:14:33 am »

Changer how my second ability works. Thoughts?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 12:21:16 am »

Much better. For now, I'll relegated this to OOC and Signups. Tomorrow, I'll start the test mission.

Note. I will try for mtiple turns a day, but my internet connection is a fickle and unreliable thing, over which I have no control. That said, there may be days, or even weeks when I can't post on a regular basis.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 03:41:30 am »

Much better. For now, I'll relegated this to OOC and Signups. Tomorrow, I'll start the test mission.

Note. I will try for multiple turns a day, but my internet connection is a fickle and unreliable thing, over which I have no control. That said, there may be days, or even weeks when I can't post on a regular basis.
I'm not sure that i can guarantee that i'll manage to be that activate, but lets see what happens.

Right here the changes

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 03:46:24 am »

Hey sorry if you already know this but the invitation to the discord doesn't work.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: An Experimental Alternate WW2 Game (OOC/Signups)
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 09:07:39 am »

Fixed the problem. Should work forever, now.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 09:39:01 am »

The skills are meant to be more of a perk that distinguishes your character. See the other sheets for examples
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 02:50:11 pm »

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:23:04 pm by Sosoku234 »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 05:26:08 pm »

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:03:25 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 07:04:23 pm »

Add some numbers to those skills, you don't need to keep those frags in your inventory, you get a free rifle, and you should have enough to buy the 1911.
Otherwise it's perfect.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 07:19:16 pm »

I have a radio(150), M1 carbine (750), entrenching tools(30),  so I'm kind of maxed save 70 dollars. Unless I missed some changes, if it's ok I don't think I'll take another rifle cuz authenticity (even though this is an alternate WW2).

Done.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:21:55 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 01:25:08 pm »

Name: Slobodan.
State of Origin: Yugoslavia.
Appearance: Love from Sarajevo!
Backstory: Inspired by that one dude who shot that other austrian dude Slobodan joined the yugoslav volunteer regiment in the west.

Stats:
Power: 14
Tolerance: 10
Wit: 10
Knowledge: 10
Finesse: 10
Presence: 10

Skills:
Making germans rage. - Through mastery of the ancient slavic tradition of trolling the germans, Slobodan certainly can provoke those Fritzs to RAEG uncontrollably in and outside combat. (May use a free action to focus up to five enemy units of his own choosing on himself).
The Officer Corps hate this guy! This is his method... - If slavs are naturally able at pissing off the post-teutons, then Slobodan is a slav by all means, however that is not his only great ability - due to the proud tradition of assasinating important officials deeply seated in the balkan mentality Slobodan is great for those killshots directed at officers or other important figures in the enemy force. (+3 for shots targetting either officers, important officials or other high-value targets).

Inventory:
Free - Springfield 1903;
200$ - M1911;
20$ - Repair Tools;
30$ - Entrenching Tools;
Free - Bayonet.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:34:14 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2017, 10:51:27 am »

It looks alright. Could you give a number for those skills, though?
Pages: 1 [2] 3