Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: An Experimental Alternate WW2 Game (OOC/Signups)  (Read 1924 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
An Experimental Alternate WW2 Game (OOC/Signups)
« on: December 31, 2016, 10:12:33 pm »

This is a mechanics test prefacing an upcoming game. It will be the invasion of an unnamed French city. What I'm mainly testing is the combat and health systems, as well as the ammo/equipment systems. This will be played from the American side, but in the next game, the players will choose if they want to be Nazis or Americans.

The year is 1944, the place is somewhere in the middle of France. The Nazis are dug in like ticks, while the Americans move over the countryside like a tide of red, white, and blue. The men on both sides are prepared to fight tooth and nail for every inch of ground.

The American forces are moving to take a rather larger city currently occupied by a small detachment of the Wermacht.

Spoiler: Turns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weapons/Equipment (click to show/hide)

I know that the M1 Garand was the main battle rifle of the US, but I'm using the 1903 for balance. I will accept six sheets for the time being.

There is also a discord.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:40:20 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: An Experimental Alternate WW2 Game (Interest Check/Mechanics test)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 10:21:03 pm »

I have been helping him make this, but I will be participating in this as well

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note that I had a hand in making this, but there are still things I have questions about.

For instance, the money we have left over from char-gen is our ammo fund, yes?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 12:13:58 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 11:08:04 pm »

Yes. That and the budget for the mission. Which, in this case, will be about 3500.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 11:30:07 pm »

Totally reusing a Character from my own ww2 game here.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 01:22:03 am »

I'm thinking of joining but what do each of the stats mean?
Cause I have a preference of supporting others for example through healing or suppressive fire so what stats would be best for such a task?

Edit:
By the way any chance of the M3 submachine gun otherwise known as the "Grease Gun" or simply "the Greaser."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_submachine_gun
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 01:35:09 am by Slick »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 02:37:52 am »

WIP.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 11:23:47 am »

I'm thinking of joining but what do each of the stats mean?
Cause I have a preference of supporting others for example through healing or suppressive fire so what stats would be best for such a task?

Edit:
By the way any chance of the M3 submachine gun otherwise known as the "Grease Gun" or simply "the Greaser."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_submachine_gun

I'm sorry, I thought I put the definitions of the stats in. My bad. They all work similarly to D&D/Pathfinder/[Enter Generic Tabletop Game Here]. Each stat is supposed to start at 10 with 4 points to spend.

Power is your strength and will be used to determine how hard you can punch someone, what you can lift, how long it'll take to dig a whole trench with nothing but your trusty tactical combat shovel, etc.

Tolerance is your Constitution. It is how many, if any, times you can be shot/hit/blown up before you die. It also affects how far you can run. At 10, you can run for two actions before needing to stop. At 15, it's three actions, etc.

Wit is like Wisdom. In the real game, it'll be affected by both bodily harm and by psychological harm. It is your instinct. You will encounter traps, ambushes, and other... Less than optimal circumstances. It's also your sense of common sense.

Knowledge is your Intelligence. That will affect any medical rolls, trap disarming, repairs on weapons/vehicles, radio airstrikes, etc.

Finesse is your Dexterity. Used primarily for aiming, but also in how fast you run and how high you jump, your ability to hit people with melee attacks. At 10 you have a 30 percent chance to miss and run 15 feet, at 15 you have a 20 percent chance and run twenty feet, etc.

Presence is Charisma. You'll use this to intimidate, persuade, and do public relations. It's not as important in this setting as it will be in the next one.

The health system is similar to in Grunts.

For the rolls I'll be using a d20 for everything.

As for your grease gun, if you want it in the next game I'll work on it to get it in.

Also, Funk and S34N1C you need to add 10 to all your stats. Give me some numbers for your skills.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:54:53 am by Sosoku234 »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 11:53:18 am »

You might want to take another look at the ammo box again. It's only used for the heavy MG's
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 04:10:31 pm »

You might want to take another look at the ammo box again. It's only used for the heavy MG's

Also, add ten to all of your stats.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 06:39:40 pm »

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 08:37:31 pm »

Stirk. I'm going to need you to give some numbers for those skills.

You get a free Springfield 1903, if you want it.

I forgot to mention before, but you can have 2 rifles/large weapons and 1 pistol, plus your extra equipment, of which you can have a maximum of 2. And switching to your other weapon, besides a pistol, costs 1 action, with anything larger than the BAR having 2-3 actions.

Funk, you need to add 10 to your stats, define your skills, get rid of those 'nades ((they're only on the list to show you how much it costs to use them)) and, for now, drop one ammo box ((as nobody here can use them under ordinary circumstances))

S34N1C, you also need to put some numbers to your skills.

Other than what I've pointed out, you're all good to go.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 08:53:59 pm »

Ah. I was under the impression you were balancing the skills :-/. Nobody else put numbers either, making things more confusing. I left the Springfield off because it was heavy and redundant :P, but if there is no penalty for having it its better to have than have not.

Skills:

If there are any other rules you forgot to post, you might want to bring them out now :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 09:16:30 pm »

Added numbers tell me if they're wildly broken and I'll fix them.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 10:25:18 pm »

Stirk, I like the 'nade spam. And I like the accuracy buff on it. Looks good to me.

S34N1C, you should change the fire discipline one to serving like it halves the amount of ammo used by full auto weapons. With what you have, I'd suggest a change to Spray and Pray, and have the bonus be applied when on the move, preferably to cover. The other one looks nice though.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 10:36:04 pm »

Alright here's something is suppose:

Anything I should add/take like a M1911 for instance, do my skills make sense?

Oh for future reference does the carbine have 15 or 30 round magazines.
Edit/s:
So what's the budget again?
I modified it looks to be within budget.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:00:23 pm by Slick »
Pages: [1] 2 3