Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: (SG) Gnoll Chieftess  (Read 12101 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Gnoll Chieftess
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2017, 06:25:51 pm »

Before i forget.

HOLY FUCK, again. I always have a hard time deciding between 2 options and here we have... holy fuck.

Ok, time to give suggestions.

Spike and worgs:
Male and female surface hyenas, marketed to goblin slave owners brave enough to try and breed gnollish worgs, sell for 150 gold a piece.
Oh Weirdsound, why must you tempt us so?
I know, right? A handful of females and we'll be swimming in abominations we can't control in no time!

As a reminder, the current exchange rate for gold to silver is 1.7. Optimistically assuming the opposite holds true, that's 255 silver apiece. We could totally afford a few for our higher ranking males.

Speaking of which, we might talk to Spike the alpha gnoll fetishist about that. He claims to have been breeding gnolls for a century and is willing to nurse our packlings on alpha milk and teach them divine magic. He might have some insights into gnollish worgs and general pack strengthening.

YES YES YES muahahahahaha

By the way, get a bit of info about Spike, we don't wan't someone that could backstab us into slaving Venonclaw. If he is sooo inclined in helping us we sure can promise him bring the next enslaved alpha female we get and give him as a gift, because, holy fuck getting bigger males in the long run and giving away the responsibility of nurturing some of our kids is risky but can have some advantages.

And... how bad is having a alpha female that don't wanna be a alpha female as a beta female? Too risky?

The cra-crawlers litter:
Male and female surface hyenas, marketed to goblin slave owners brave enough to try and breed gnollish worgs, sell for 150 gold a piece.

On a more personal note, Cra-Crawler brags to the goblin about conceiving an impressive litter of six children the next time she mates.

Oh Weirdsound, why must you tempt us so?
Gorgtooth won't particular like that one, for sure, but if we decree as much~
That one will be Gorgtooth's - he deserves it, and there is a good chance they will be strong.
On a totally different note, what happens when a young hyena is nursed with gnoll milk?

Being strong or weak, Gorgtooth or worgs she will offer the younglings with spice and salt for dinner. So whatever. We must be well fed for the little Apocalypse we are bringing.

On the elf:
Say The following - one after the other and wait for the answers. Closely watch her eyes and never break eye contact.

"Do not be alarmed. You will only be in the hands of the goblin if you lie to us, at which point you might as well be a lost cause and will likely meet your end here. This is a chance if anything to you, now, please answer the following questions truthfully:

You find a wounded animal in the forest, you don't think you can save it. What do you do?"
Wait for answer one.
"Imagine you are young again - you spend your money buying sweets from a local store. A bully you dislike confronts you in the street and demands the sweets from you. He is stronger than you. What do you do?"
Wait for answer two.
"A friend of yours has insulted you, but isn't aware of it. What do you do?"
Wait for answer three.
"A large group of people is raiding your village. You are with two friends. You could escape, but the other ones would be caught by them. Do you escape?"
Wait for answer four.
"What if they were your precious family?"
Wait for answer five.
"Who were you marrying and will he come looking for you?"
Wait for answer six.
"Tell me the first thing that comes to mind about your past."
Wait for answer seven.
After the last question ... wait for player input.

Errrr.... what? Ok, i recognize some kind of Neuro-linguistics here but i don't think i get it.

At least this comes near what Ironyowl also suggested of knowing some basic info about the surface world.

But by the way, 12 thousands fucking pieces of gold... She must really good for being worth keeping her and not selling.

i mean, if she has at least the mastering of the druidism of reproduction and the other thing i forgot now, she could breed us the Ants so we can have our own colony of powerful ants, teach good things to writhewomb and maybe give us way more than 12 thousands gold in the long-run.

If we sell her:

Hmm maybe the first and more tamed scorpion could help us talk with and tame the third?  that would be expensive, 4500 gold total D=

The second killed her previous four owners, forget her, but we can just talk to her and know WHY she killed, but i doubt she will be the worth of 800 gold pieces.

Marble spiders... err hmmm i liked, but i don't know.

Vampire snakes,errr nope, We don't have right now somebody to make suffer from amnesia or to brainwash, yet.

Great fire dinosaur of death, wow... it's a male? female? breedable?

Surface dwellers, err, cucumber, help ?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2017, 06:45:51 pm »

Presumably hyenas drinking gnoll milk explode violently :P

Continue interrogating the elf. Ask about the two elves that agreed to join us, their history and personality as best she knows. I'm still in favor of selling her, though, unless she will accept some form of bindings that prevent her using her magic. With 12000 gold we could buy two of those sorceror scorpions, theyd hardly be any more dangerous than her, at least not individually. Maybe together they'd be a handful.

We need to do something to address the new pack members not getting along. Maybe have a celebration they can all participate in, or send a small number of both new and old members along with mandible squad/gorgtooth to go hunting in the caverns outside the city; this is an opportunity for them to live as free gnolls with a family, things they've never done before. Glowshine and gorgtooth can help them start learning the basics of gnollish, but we have to keep in mind that adults that never learned a language in their youth might never be fluent in it.

Should talk to writhewomb about being more careful. She lost a family member back there.
I would also buy a couple surface hyenas, a male and a couple females. Unless we have advice about their incompatility. There's a chance to experiment here; we know that cave hyenas can interbreed with gnolls and produce an intelligent pack member, maybe surface hyenas can too.
Be ready to stay here for a couple months. Maybe Spike would like to help with the girls' pregnancies. Perhaps if glowshine or echo don't want to kill their little girls they'd sell them to Spike instead.

I'm tempted to aim for a couple marble spiders too. They sound innately useful and easy to care for, and being experienced training arachnids we might be able to get them to fight for us. The snakes... No, not a good idea right now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2017, 09:49:45 pm »

And... how bad is having a alpha female that don't wanna be a alpha female as a beta female? Too risky?
I'd suspect our hormones would screw with each other and our pack, and we'd end up with a sort of confused hierarchy and/or blinding rage at a nearby rival. But this quote:
Truly monstrous sized gnolls exist, the product of a child being nursed for decades off multiple alpha females. This can happen naturally, usually in a pack where the alpha has a gift sister who has nursed long enough to function as an alpha herself, but is far more common among gnolls held captive by various wizards or goblin slaveholders.
makes it sound like there might not be a problem, at least in the rare case that the real alpha has a devoted equivalent.

Hmm maybe the first and more tamed scorpion could help us talk with and tame the third?  that would be expensive, 4500 gold total D=

The second killed her previous four owners, forget her, but we can just talk to her and know WHY she killed, but i doubt she will be the worth of 800 gold pieces.
With 12000 gold we could buy two of those sorceror scorpions, theyd hardly be any more dangerous than her, at least not individually. Maybe together they'd be a handful.
Did I hear BREEDING PAIR OF SORCEROR SCORPIONS? Because I thought somebody said BREEDING PAIR OF SORCEROR SCORPIONS.

Between this and the gnollish worgs we have being undone by our own hubris down.

Marble spiders... err hmmm i liked, but i don't know.
I'm tempted to aim for a couple marble spiders too. They sound innately useful and easy to care for, and being experienced training arachnids we might be able to get them to fight for us.
The spiders sound handy in a vague sense, but not especially fitting for our pack. I certainly wouldn't turn down a free one, but I'm wondering just what we'd do with them. Green glass farms? Marble farms, presumably using weak, plentiful critters as fodder? Attack beasts that occasionally produce bonus loot?

Surface dwellers, err, cucumber, help ?
Hey yeah, this is literally his job! I'd beat the lousy cur if I didn't think it'd send him to the glue factory!

We also have the two elves, now that I think about it. They won't necessarily be familiar with any particular critter, but it'd be more information than nothing.

We need to do something to address the new pack members not getting along. Maybe have a celebration they can all participate in, or send a small number of both new and old members along with mandible squad/gorgtooth to go hunting in the caverns outside the city; this is an opportunity for them to live as free gnolls with a family, things they've never done before. Glowshine and gorgtooth can help them start learning the basics of gnollish, but we have to keep in mind that adults that never learned a language in their youth might never be fluent in it.
Ooh, ooh, I've got this one. We can split them into pairs or small teams of one part veteran and one part new slave, then have them compete in various things with the other teams. The teams that figure out how to communicate and work together do better and thus get fabulous prizes*, while the ones that bicker and try to go solo do worse and thus earn a disdainful glare!

*I don't actually know what counts as fabulous prizes for a male gnoll. Our praise should be a good start, but I dunno if it's sufficient or not. Getting a frogshark or kangaroo to ride would make for a fantastic prize, but it'd be a heavy investment on our part.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2017, 07:01:18 am »

[Psychological and Ego test]
Errrr.... what? Ok, i recognize some kind of Neuro-linguistics here but i don't think i get it.
Basically it's a fantasy world adapted character and personality test. On that note, WS, please describe how she reacts to each question, too, because that is actually just as valuable information as the answers themselves. Every single furrowing of her brows, or if she becomes uneasy looking at us - if she gets tested.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2017, 08:36:23 am »

[Psychological and Ego test]
Basically it's a fantasy world adapted character and personality test. On that note, WS, please describe how she reacts to each question, too, because that is actually just as valuable information as the answers themselves. Every single furrowing of her brows, or if she becomes uneasy looking at us - if she gets tested.
Do the test.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2017, 01:06:42 am »

Spoiler: I made a map (click to show/hide)
Vague descriptions, complications regarding underground travel, and general gnollish incompetence in the field of cartography render it crude and likely not very accurate, but it's at least a visual aid.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2017, 01:26:10 pm »

Good enough to help decisions. Good job :V
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2017, 03:51:49 pm »

Wierdsound, you still alive?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2017, 04:08:30 pm »

Well we definitely cannot sell Cra-Crawler, she got us the elves and has already proven more valuable than any of the offered males.
Zit and the Sphinx are a set. Zit is closest to the sphinx, the one who wanted to train it, and the one with the skills to train it. It is too dangerous to keep around without a dedicated trainer and the power it represents would offer temptation enough to betray us even if the Elves were inclined to join us otherwise. Be it for revenge or escape and glory it is a prize that is both figuratively and literally enormous. If we can get another gnollish druid then maybe, but otherwise, if we trade Zit then we get rid of the sphinx. There really is no alternative here. On the other hand, once the sphinx ihas matured and gotten some children in the tribe, then we could consider losing Zit and keeping the Sphinx, but otherwise there is no potential there.

I really don't see the value of gaining a blood connection with the goblins. They are willing to use elves for this, I can't see them allying with surface elves any time soon... It seems like the bond is more on our side than theirs. Also, they fobbed us off onto their gnoll enthusiast and immediately proposed replacing our alpha with one of their conditioned pets, and it could be profitable to ally with one of Brontosaur's enemies and claim the Trumpet's for ourselves sometime in the future when our pack is strong enough to hold them.

Not to mention that aside from first appearances, none of the offered males are that good.
The wizard is mostly human, they will conflict with gnoll habits. All sorts of bad news here. Definitely not an alpha and even otherwise not to be trusted.
The hemaphrodite is tempting, but it is just a patch. We need to be able to control our pack with or without them. Certainly a high-value gnoll, but not worth breaking up the pack over.
The dinosaur paladin is like a Tiger Tank. Looks wonderful, gives you a dreamy sense of power, and in the right conditions it can devastate the enemy without parallel, but it is ultimately thought poorly of because of the difficulty of use, massive upkeep, and complete lack of utility. It is a showpiece, put it in front to scare off some smaller tribes, but pit it against tight quarters, a shortage of food, or a skilled tactician and suddenly it is more trouble than it is worth.
 None of these are worth the offered price. Better to take the gold and get some nice critters and have some loose currency to negotiate with the dwarves. We have already seen what a lone naked warrior can do with a steel sword...

I vote to sell the elf for coin and tell Team Brontosaur that it is not the right time for our pack to trade one of its members. Not to mention that we are already having enough trouble with new blood...

Tell Echo that if she continues to devote herself to Bone-Saw-Saw and follow Glowshine so closely that she might become irrelevant. We should probably have another girls'-night-out and remind everyone that they should be keeping the pack unified.

I am tempted to send the new acquisitions out hunting and scouting to give themselves some chances to prove their value to the others.

DEFINITELY GET HYENAS! but try to keep the gnolls out of them until we have some hyena litters...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »

Everyone is making good ideas in my opinion my own tidbit.

Titan is bigger and more equipped than the Choeftess is. It may make Titan want to turn pack mentality to him and not us. Why I do not think we should bother with him.

And yes hyenas.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2017, 03:37:22 pm »

Gnoll wargs cannot possibly be that awesome and easy. No doubt they take a long time to mature, or are inherently and vindictively rebellious, or these surface hyenas just aren't as good, and it is almost certainly impossible to get a warg/sphinx hybrid...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2017, 04:32:30 pm »

ok, long term goals:

1:Other species followers of the Pack.
The Sphinx is a good first step, but other creatures that can breed with gnolls might be useful. basically creating specialized divisions for our pack. At least 4 of:
Magic users: elves - we got them we use them. Sphinx soon after - breeding goal: miniature sphinx/gnoll hybrids with pointy ears.
Warriors: ... orcs or lesser demons maybe. Any 4 armed creatures around?
Flight: Echo's Children / enslave avians for breeding?
Cavalry: Capture centaurs or breed with nightmares/unicorns/elephants.
Terror: Tentacles.
Nautic: Amphibious only unless we find that our future home has expansive flooded caverns beneath. Maybe Carp.

2: Find out how exactly gnolls were created and try to replicate it with different beasts. indoctrinate them and create a queendom?

3: we need to get some knowledge about the overworld. Basic lay of the land and climate for now.

4: aardwolves are awesome.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2017, 05:53:21 pm »

We don't need to breed cavalry because we have beasts. Beast riders have the bonus of being able to dismount...

The Sphinx has magic potential, we shouldn't need the elf, who is seriously unreliable. Really, she has way too much in common with the sphinx, it is reasonable to believe that she could trick it into helping her escape, and even if she likes gnolls, she has the opportunity to run off with her own personal sphinx. We are not just talking cooperation here, she would pretty much need to be devoted to us, and that is just not happening within a viable timeframe. The other elves don't seem especially magical, I do not see much use for hippy gnolls and there is no reason to believe that that would even work unless the sphinx can work some mojo on their mojo... But hey, they are probably naturally decent as scouts and archers. Mostly I just like having them as pets, but they ought to help some with diplomacy, sometimes it helps to have a softer presence for people to turn to when facing a goddess...

I would go for slime, disease, and stealth for terror. Tentacles are, well, I really don't think that tentacles would add much to our repertoire of intimidation.

Flying and swimming gnolls have huge potential, well, we really only need gliding gnolls, they can ride animals for actual flight, and the swimmers are more about breathing underwater than moving, because, again, cavalry... but they are sort of situational. And you can just poison the water or air...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]