Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39781 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'll wait for the couch. But hey, I wanna land soon, see if Greeny can manipulate what the keytar does. And as for the next boss, I vote to burn the forest mantis! Where is a forest?"

Use the couch with ruby?

"Oh! How damaging do you think this fortress would be if I used the ring to crash it somewhere?"

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still missing Wipeout and Toaster at the moment.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

"Ow!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32
« Reply #393 on: May 09, 2017, 05:14:26 pm »

Guess I've waited long enough. Given that they actually have a kill, I'd rather not just make them stand still as a free kill. I'm just gonna hope they forgot.

GROW GRASS, GROW INTO HIM AND SLAY HIM.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awesome Spd: 5=5
Merling Spd: 4-3=1

Awesome Aff: 5+3=8
Merling Spd: 6-3=3
Merling End: 4+2=6

Dr Awesome channels as much power into their staff as they can, trying to attack Merling indiscriminately all over his body!

He sees a variety of slashes open up across the elderly wizard! None of them are especially deadly individually, but he's bleeding quite a bit! That has gotta hurt!

Merling End: 4+2=6
Merling Aff: 6+3=9
Awesome End: 1-1=0

But Merling fights through the pain, and tells the grass embedded in his foe to kill him for good! There's no dodging this attack. He channels all of his power and fury into the orb! A stronger attack he couldn't make! The grass grows and spikes through every inch of Toaster's body! Every ounce of flesh and blood is sapped of moisture by the voracious plants, leaving only bone!

Doctor Awesome is dead!

Merling Luk: 5+1+1=7

The doctor's skeleton turns to dust, and collects into a point, forming a portal to the loot dimension it. Out of it pops a bronze aspis. Immediately upon equipping it, he feels hardier than ever. It is covered in strange runes. Merling feels a chilling power within that he can call on his foes.

Drop the halberd and run. Hopefully that wounded leg will stop him from coming after me. Oh, and duck. The shotgun pellets.
Dive into the ground and take a shot at Depf's legs.

Sparky Spd: 5+5-2(Leg damage)=8
Depf Spd: 6+1=7

Sparky Dex: 5+1=6
Depf Spd: 2+1=3
Depf End: 2+2=4

Despite his wounded leg, Sparky keeps up! Depf has yet to abandon his earthen armor, but he fires away anyway! This time his shotgun strikes true, tearing through the armor and gouging open Depf's left leg! Depf drops his weapon, losing the remainder of his earthen armor and begins to flee at a great pace! Unfortunately, Sparky is blocking off the only way out of here that isn't the hydra filled cave! He manages to slip past the hobbling invisible man nonetheless, and feels his strength start to return. Sparky's cape continues to patch up his leg. His shotgun also generates an orb, giving him some much needed defensive ability back.

Sophie only watches and observes the conflict from afar.

If I can do so while keeping us afloat, pull stone or earth from the swamp to expand the platform. If not, float back towards the obelisk a bit past the edge of the swamp, then land and use stone or earth to expand the platform.
Test out our new furniture, try and figure out what it does. More fortifications if I get the chance.
Use the couch with ruby?

Greeny Aff: 1+6=7

Greeny feels his control begin to slip, and the massive structure slowly begins to fall! He expends most of his effort just keeping it afloat, not moving it or reinforcing it. If he rolls poorly again, this thing won't stay afloat!

Grahm Aff: 2+3=5

The comfy looking chair beckons to Grahm, and he takes a seat, if only to reduce his urge to dance. Immediately upon being seating, he feels himself fall asleep. A strange sensation begins to pervade his very existence, and his spirit separates from his body.

His body in spirit form appears to be his original one, devoid of the modifications the couch made to him. Grahm looks down from above at Greeny's Flying Earthen Fortress. He feels a firm tether of sorts attaching him to his physical body, which is now surrounded by a translucent barrier. He know if he follows the tether he will return to it safely. The barrier should keep him protected until then. He notes that he is now holding a rather curious bow in his right hand, and tries to pull the "string" back. When he does, a long silvery arrow appears. It looks deadly, even to himself. He releases the string, firing the projectile away. Not bad. He also sees a pair of sharp looking spiritual knifes holstered at his side. Those could be handy.

The couch isn't ready yet. Hagrow takes some time to remember that there was a pretty thick forest to the southwest of the starting area. Maybe that's where the mantis is. There does seem to be another forest past the ravine as well though. Who knows, as this battlefield has yet to be fully explored. (This is essentially a 5x5 tile space. You've all only seen 6 tiles, so feel free to explore a bit more.)

Not Actually Flimsiest Wizard has spawned!

Not Luk: 5+3=8

Not Actually Flimsiest Wizard raises their waiver, hoping for something good. It turns into a rather curious pair of non prescription glasses. Each lens is shaped like a four leaf clover, and the frame is a stunning green. The Wizard takes in their surroundings, noting that they can see Sophie flying above them nearby. (These glasses are actually absurd. +4 Luk, what is going on with this generator today.)

Map: http://imgur.com/a/6ZtYb
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Edit: Fixed damage assignment.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:16:01 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 09, 2017, 06:09:16 pm »

Grab Depf's halberd and swing it at his legs. Wait, no that's stupid. I have -3 strength.

Shoot Depf in his other leg.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:10:56 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 14, 2017, 01:03:02 pm »

Fixed. Gonna need more than two actions to run this you guys.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 14, 2017, 01:37:09 pm »

Keep it afloat. Maybe move us back towards the obelisk if I can do that without crashing. If we start going down, use my affinity to make it a gentle controlled fall, or pull up an earthen pillar to catch us.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 14, 2017, 02:35:59 pm »

Now I'm going to Lie in the grass and see if I can get it to grow(Sew) my wounds shut.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 14, 2017, 07:19:13 pm »

If the island starts to fall, try reducing its gravity

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 22, 2017, 04:22:17 pm »

Maybe I'll just write this one off due to player inactivity. I'm not going to say I'm without fault here. Schedule slip was kind of a thing. But this is getting out of hand. I don't know if its that pretty much everyone has given up hope or what, but I'm not going to auto 3 people. Oh well. It was a good run while it lasted. If nothing else, tell me what you think went right or wrong.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2017, 04:27:17 pm »

I think it became a bit unbalanced near the end. Basically, the players that were the most powerful were too hard to topple.

Partially because of the alliance.

I mean, they have a fortress.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]