Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39805 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 29
« Reply #375 on: April 18, 2017, 11:05:40 pm »

Hold position!  Same attack plan, go!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 29
« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2017, 12:50:31 am »

Grow spikes on the bottom and sides. Good rams, and if nothing else, they give us some plant matter to work with in a convenient location.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 30
« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2017, 11:26:34 am »

Grass, Attack, KILL HIM FOR ME!!!
Hold position!  Same attack plan, go!

Merling Spd: 5-3=2
Awesome Spd: 1=1

Merling Aff: 3+3=6
Awesome Spd: 4=4
Awesome Aff: 2+3=5
Awesome End: 4-1=3

Merling raises their orb again firing a volley of plants at the Doctor! They try to shield, but a few thorny projectiles slip through! They stab into Doctor Awesome's upper body!

Awesome Aff: 2+3=5
Merling Spd: 6-3=3
Merling End: 4+2=6

Doctor Awesome points their staff at Merling again, and the staff slices at his right arm! Another cut opens up!

Run up to Depf and take a shot with my shotgun.
Fly at Sparky and begin throwing Deadly darts at him.
Ch-Charge? Advance towards the cave's entrance aka Sparky and attack. Assuming I can see him (which I may not be able to), but if I can't, head towards the forest.
(I feel like you guys didn't take the closest look at the map...)

Sparky Spd: 3+5=8
Sophie Spd: 5+1=6
Depf Spd: 1+1=2

Sparky Spd: 5+5=10
Sparky Dex: 5+1=6
Depf Spd: 6+1=7
Depf End: 5+2=7

Sparky takes a shot at Depf! The arcane pellets miss by a narrow margin! Depf would have moved to the cave entrance, but Sparky caught up to them first!

Sophie Dex: 4+1-?(Invisible target)=?
Sparky Spd: 5+5=10

Sophie returns from the south and throws some darts at where they think the shotgun holding man might be. She misses.

Depf Dex: 6+1-?(Invisible target)=?
Sparky Spd: 1+5-?(Consecutive attacks)=?
Depf Str: 2+3=5
Orb Interception: 5, 4, 6
Orb End: 3, 2, 5
Sparky End: 3-1=2

Depf Swings his colossal halberd at Sparky, perfectly predicting the man's movement based on where he was shot from! Sparky's defensive orbs provide little cover from the attack, and all splatter nearly instantly! The massive weapon nearly cleaves off his left leg! Depf can feel his enhanced strength fading. He won't be able to carry this weapon if it drops any lower. Sparky's cape begins to heal him.

This platform needs more oomph, so give it more oomph. And safety railings/walls, but not so high they block our attacks. Maybe diaphragm height. And a fortification for the cannon to shoot through.
Grow spikes on the bottom and sides. Good rams, and if nothing else, they give us some plant matter to work with in a convenient location.
Return the pistol being that I seem fine now. Check couch. Loan ruby and equip ring if couch is ready. Otherwise, wait.

Greeny Spd: 6+4=10
Grahm Spd: 6+3=9
Hagrow Spd: 1+2=3

Greeny Aff: 5+4=9

Greeny keeps using their earth power to lift the platform, and tries to form some railings and such. They succeed on both fronts. No fortification yet though. Now it is just a matter of directing the platform, a task for which it is probably best they use their full focus.

Grahm Aff: 4+3=7

Meanwhile, Grahm augments their new mobile base with some spikes made of plant matter.

Hagrow returns the Fang Pistol, and sits in wait. The couch is not yet ready.

Map: http://imgur.com/a/LY2UL
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Really tempted to start using these for certain things. I loved them in multiworld madness, and have no idea why they fell out of style or didn't get used much elsewhere. If you don't get it, hover over the text. The tag is acronym(alternatively abbr, which is shorter), if anyone else want to make use of it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 04:24:06 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 21, 2017, 11:47:45 am »

Spoiler: Action, GM only (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 21, 2017, 06:36:40 pm »

PM my action.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:47 pm »

"You'll pay for that!"

Spoilered action!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 23, 2017, 03:14:05 pm »

Now I'm curious how the keytar cage would interact with control over earth. We'll find out soon enough I bet!

Idly wait

Fire the cannon into the swamp if we get close enough!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:25:58 pm by Paphi »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2017, 07:15:09 pm »

Still missing Whisperling, Beirus, and Wipeout1024.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2017, 09:43:42 pm »

Float us within bombardment range of the forest. Fire into it with my crown if I can do that without crashing us.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2017, 11:18:27 pm »

Keep reinforcing, I guess. Maybe grow a vine ladder or something, in case we need to get down?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I think I've waited long enough to release this turn.

"You'll pay for that!" Spoilered action!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action, GM only (click to show/hide)

Awesome Spd: 1=1
Merling Spd: 2-3=-1

Awesome Aff: 5+3=8

Dr awesome powers up the shield mode on their staff and tries to push Merling away from the grass with it. The shield simply phases through the other wizard, and Merling is able to run past them. Huh, guess it doesn't work that way.

Merling Aff: 6+3=9
Awesome End: 4-1

Merling channels power through the orb afterwards, firing a massive array of spiky arrows at the younger looking wizard. Before the attack, the Doctor's shield shrinks in size to only cover his body. The shield does block most of the attack, but a few strikes break through. All of them aim for the man's left and right legs, stabbing deeply and pinning one leg to the ground. There's quite a bit of blood.

PM my action. Speed hovel closer to Depf and shoot him point blank with my shotgun.
Quote from: wipeout1024
Auto: Get to safety.
He can't be far away, not with that leg injury. Strike low, sweeping the Halberd above the ground.

Sparky Spd: 4+5=9
Sophie Spd: 6+1=7
Depf Spd: 4+1=5

Sparky Dex: 3+1=4
Depf Spd: 2+1=3
Depf End: 6+2=8

Sparky fires another shot at their foe from close range! This time they don't miss, and arcane pellets smash into the halberd holder's upper body. Although the impact sends a bunch of rock flying off, the attack doesn't seem to deal the fleshy bit inside any serious damage. At least his cape heals him a little bit.

Sophie safely flies off to the south again, not especially eager to fight someone she can't see.

Depf Str: 4+2+1-1=6
Depf Dex: 6+1=7
Sparky Spd: 5+5-2(Leg)=8

Depf retaliates with a sweeping attack, noting that their opponent was fool enough to shoot them at point blank! They feel a burst of air from near the area they strike as their opponent presumable leaps over their halberd. Well damn. They feel their strength continue to sap, and can no longer effectively wield the stone halberd. When they release it for a brief moment, they feel their strength returning. Perhaps the increase in strength temporarily overworks the muscles somehow? Whatever the case, they keep hold of it for now, if only to keep their barrier of earth active.

Float us within bombardment range of the forest. Fire into it with my crown if I can do that without crashing us.
Keep reinforcing, I guess. Maybe grow a vine ladder or something, in case we need to get down?
Fire the cannon into the swamp if we get close enough!

Greeny Spd: 1+4=5
Grahm Spd: 6+3=9
Hagrow Spd: 6+2=8

Greeny Aff: 6+6=12

Greeny hovers the fortress of earth into position with contemptuous ease. Seems they've gotten the hang of it. Feeling confident that he can keep it hovering, he decides to fire his crown into the forest after Hagrow does his thing.

Grahm Aff: 2+3=5

Grahm continues to reinforce the plant armor, growing makeshift wooden panels about the area. They don't complete many of them, as they decided to make a ladder for the ship. That goes much better in comparison.

Hagrow Dex: 5+1=6
Snake Spd: 4+3=7
Snake End: 6+2=8

Hagrow grins with anticipation, and readying the cannon. They aim at where they think the snake is, and the view from the air above the swamp lets them pinpoint that reasonably well. Part of them questions creating another negative loot item from such an opportunity, but then they immediately fire the cannon. If it kills them, it'll probably be in an awesome way. With a bang, the condensed bomb of lava flies toward the suspected location. The snake tries to avoid the attack, but the blast radius is far too large to do so. After the massive lava bomb goes off above the iron creature, they look on as the swamp continues to burn... and look on. And look on. Whether it be a matter of sheer luck or simply it being near the edge of the lava, the iron snake survives the experience. Though much of the body is melted and sloughed off, it readies the eye laser in defiance!

Snake Aff: 4-1=3
Snake Dex: 5+2=7
Hagrow Spd: 5+2=7

The laser is weaker than usual, and merely grazes his flesh. That it hit at all at this range is kind of impressive.

Greeny Aff: 1+6=7
Snake Spd: 1+3=4(I'm glad random.org can roll for me en mass. I may have 27 d6 in my possession but ahahah no way am I rolling them myself.)

For emphasis:
Snake End: 2+2=4
Snake End: 3+2=5
Snake End: 1+2=3
Snake End: 4+2=6
Snake End: 5+2=7

The first set of 9 bolts strike! Greeny notes that they seem to pierce the creature's armor somehow... That'll come in handy. They detonate, tearing the creature apart! However, it is still barely twitching and moving around. Let's see how the next set does.

Snake End: 5+2=7

The next set decidedly kills the snake. This is rather obvious. The next batch is still coming though.

There is nothing left of this once "majestic" creature. The sheer force of Greeny's attack has even sent the lava spreading further outward than it would otherwise. The team suspect that the resulting crater is permanent.

The mercurial iron snake has been defeated!

With the snake's death, Greeny sees a great light rise in the west near the spawn. They look closer, and see that the southeast pillar is now lit a bright red, and a pillar of light is rising into the sky near to it. Eventually, it impacts the barrier far above and doesn't go any further. Interesting... For the time being though, Greeny is far more interested in the immediate reward is he about to receive.

Greeny Luk: 2+6(Snake bonus)+5(Luk)+6(Kills)=19

As the green man returns his focus to keeping his earthen craft afloat, a small portal appears. Out of it, an equisite chair of hardened green glass armchair gently falls and lands on the platform. It looks surprisingly comfortable. There appears to be a manual of some sort... The text says the person that sits in it will fall asleep, but they can wake up and stand up whenever they choose to. Hm, probably not a good idea to sit in it and try to float this giant hunk of rock at the same time then. (Serious note: Yeah, I'll tell people if a positive luk item will kill them, even indirectly. Negative luk doesn't have that courtesy, but I re-roll lethal items if they're someone's first piece of loot. That's not fun for anyone when it happens.)

Map: http://imgur.com/a/9OG17
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Feel free to change the name of your transport craft if you like. I'm mostly adding this to help keep track of the upgrades and such easier. Greeny narrowly avoids getting a loot item worth 20 or above again. I shudder to imagine the results 20+ Loot will bring. Also that snake counts as a player kill for certain purposes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:45:48 pm by Person »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

GROW GRASS, GROW INTO HIM AND SLAY HIM.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

Dive into the ground and take a shot at Depf's legs.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:15:00 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We're gonna need a bigger platform if we keep getting furniture. One of you want to take a seat on the chair to figure out what it does? Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll manifest dreams or something. Also, any votes on the next thing to kill? I was thinking maybe the wolf, but if it has control over stone we may find ourselves falling instead of fighting. Judging by the way the pillar lit up, though, maybe we'll get a secret boss fight if we kill them all."

If I can do so while keeping us afloat, pull stone or earth from the swamp to expand the platform. If not, float back towards the obelisk a bit past the edge of the swamp, then land and use stone or earth to expand the platform.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

"Sure thing."

Test out our new furniture, try and figure out what it does. More fortifications if I get the chance.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27