Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39823 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 26 Triple Triple!
« Reply #345 on: April 08, 2017, 09:25:20 am »

((Oh whoops, thought I posted))

Continue practicing water magic, like making breath bubbles and diving and making the water skin tougher.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 7/8 Turn 27
« Reply #346 on: April 10, 2017, 01:53:45 am »

Go get my ruby back from Hagrow. It's couch time. Unless I don't have my ruby. Make sure to be holding my prosthetic leg. Anyone trying to mess with me gets blasted by my crown.
Make the boomerang, I suppose. I'm beginning to feel a bit redundant.
Continue practicing water magic, like making breath bubbles and diving and making the water skin tougher.

Greeny Spd: 3+4=7
Grahm Spd: 2+3=5
Hagrow Spd: 1+3=4

Greeny Aff: 2+4=6
Greeny Aff: 2+4=6
Greeny End: 3-3+6=6
Greeny End 4-3+6=7

Greeny takes the ruby from Hagrow, and steps up to the couch. After mentally preparing himself, he lies down, prosthetic leg held near his right leg. The couch starts to work, and Greeny is awake throughout the process despite the pain. It neatly severs his right leg and melds the odd stony/silvery prosthetic to it. He feels the fire around the leg's foot bend to his will, as well as the earth that covers it. His affinity and luck increase. The couch also performs much the same augmentations that it did to Grahm. In the end, Greeny is tossed off the couch, but lands a bit more nimbly than Grahm did. The feeling is weird. The changes still feel like his own body, with all the usual senses. The urge to dance is there for him as well, but he can resist it. The couch needs time to recharge again now.

Grahm Aff: 2+3=5

Grahm grows a good looking boomerang. He could make it more deadly if he works on it for another turn. (If you feel redundant, don't forget that you're still one of the strongest players. Your couch loot may essentially be a support item, but you can deal some serious damage by yourself.)

Hagrow Aff: 5+1, 5+1
Hagrow End: 3+1, 3+1

Hagrow continues to work on his armor, strengthening it a bit. He starts to feel a headache. He also makes some air pockets from water, and they seem breathable enough. The fang pistol heals him.

"Stop running already!" Project a hand, grab dart box, toss into ravine.
"NEVER, YOU ASS." Throw more darts at Ho, and try to get further from the Ravine's edge.
Are we allowed to PM our actions if we want to be sneaky?

Sparky Spd: 2+5=7
Snake Spd: 3+3=6
Sophie Spd: 4+1=5
Ho Spd: 5-1=4

Sparky Dex: 4+1=5
Ho Spd: 3-1=2
Sparky Str: 3-3=0
Ho End: 5+2=7

Sparky lunges at Ho at high speed, and ties his shoe laces together. Huh. I guess he has shoe laces then. After he tries to shove Ho down. Ho can barely even feel his limp wristed attack. Another molasses orb comes into being. The cape finishes healing him as well.

Sophie Dex: 4+1=5
Ho Spd: 6-2=4
Ho End: 1+2=3

Sophie throws another arcane dart and it explodes in Ho's face, slicing it apart! He collapses to the ground and dies from brain damage.

Ho is dead!

Sophie 3.0 Luk: 3+2+1(Kills)+1(Ho)=7

Ho's body disintegrates, and takes shape into a silvery loot portal. A pair of mittens covered in small silver plates fall into Sophie's hand. As she puts them on she grows a set of wings formed of darkness. She also feels another power within the mittens.

Look deeply into the orb... Try activating its possibly deadly powers against something near if it doesn't show me shit.
Go find someone without a posse to murder, via cool staff effects?

Merling Aff: 6+3=9

Merling tests his orb, and finds that he can control plants. Unfortunately, he's standing on top of an extremely rocky stretch of land, and plants to control are far and few, as well as small in size.

Doctor Spd: 6

Doctor Awesome heads north towards an old looking guy with an orb in his hand. He readies his staff.

Map: http://imgur.com/a/F8ViX
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Player list has been made a little bit more compact. It was bothering me to scroll through.

Fallacy, your loot just made acid hammers. Not sure why you thought otherwise. Also that lava is cooled now.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:32:00 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 10, 2017, 07:43:05 am »

Ah Fuck it, This orb is Bound to be heavy enough to beat that guy's head in with right? I'll go check that out with a bit of orb to Face Surgery applied to Doctor Awesome.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 10, 2017, 09:09:54 am »

Well shoot, there goes my plan of killing the both of them at once.

Move behind Sophia and shoot her point blank.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 10, 2017, 12:22:33 pm »

Slicey dicey!  If he gets too close, shield up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 10, 2017, 03:09:15 pm »

Fly away over the ravine, and failing that, use the Emergency Exit darts.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 11, 2017, 11:50:48 pm »

Work on the boomerang for another turn, then. The time to kill random bystanders fast approaches.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 12, 2017, 02:36:28 pm »

Rest. Take the ring off and ponder how to work around the sickness. Inspiration?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 12, 2017, 04:02:37 pm »

See if my new leg does neat stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 28
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2017, 03:49:07 am »

See if my new leg does neat stuff.
Rest. Take the ring off and ponder how to work around the sickness. Inspiration?
Work on the boomerang for another turn. The time to kill random bystanders fast approaches.

Greeny Spd: 6+4=10
Hagrow Spd: 4+3=7
Grahm Spd: 1+3=4

Greeny Aff: 2+6=8(Your bonuses are really getting out of hand.)

Greeny decides to test out their new leg. Before anything else, they note that the couch was nice enough to let him keep the roller-skate that was attached to his old leg. Channeling power through the leg, they kick in a random direction! A large fireball is launched that way. Nice. They try again.

Greeny Aff: 4+6=10

This time the ground beneath his rises as a pillar. Looks like he can control earth too. It is a nice view from up here. He lowers the pillar after. He feels like he has more control over earth than fire, unrelated to his power over nature. Finally, he flexes it a bit, and a small blade juts out from the side of the leg. It seems to be dripping with something...

Hagrow End: 4+1=5

Hagrow takes off the ring, and notes that the water around him loses shape. The pistol does appear to fight the sickness, but it doesn't do so completely. Seems his best best is to become more resilient somehow. Maybe it is time to get more loot? Either that or borrow the Ruby from Greeny for as long as you use the ring.

Grahm Aff: 5+4=9

The boomerang looks complete, and quite sharp too! He finds a pocket to put it in safely, preparing to do whatever it is he is planning next. He also grabs the shield he recently made and equips it as well.

(You made a shield before you got started on the boomerang, and I had you equip it just in case you forgot about it.)

Move behind Sophia and shoot her point blank.
Fly away over the ravine, and failing that, use the Emergency Exit darts.

Sparky Spd: 6+5=11
Sophie Spd: 5+1=6

Sparky Dex: 1+1=2
Sophie Spd: 5+1=6

Sparky dashes towards Sophie! Still unused to his speed, he points his shotgun past her body rather than at it! She evades the attack, and launches off on her wings over the ravine! Nearby is a cave with a large open mouth. She puts the cave between her and Sparky. She can see a ramp downwards from the ravine to the northeast, past which is a forested area.

Slicey dicey! If he gets too close, shield up.
Ah Fuck it, This orb is Bound to be heavy enough to beat that guy's head in with right? I'll go check that out with a bit of orb to Face Surgery applied to Doctor Awesome.

Doctor Spd: 4=4
Merling Spd: 6-3=3

Doctor Aff: 2+3=5
Merling Spd: 2-1=-1
Merling End: 4+2=6

Doctor Awesome points his staff at Merling, and his foe's left arm gets slashed up a fair bit!

Merling Str: 5-3=2
Doctor Spd: 1=1
Doctor Aff: 6+3=9

Merling swings his orb at the Doctor, who raises his staff again, creating a strong barrier that blocks the admittedly weak swing. He's closer to the grassy plains now, and might be able to make use of that fact if he runs for it.

Depf has spawned!

Dept Luk: -2-3=-5

Dept spawns north of the ravine, atop the stony plains. Their waiver turns into a huge Halberd! They have trouble picking it up, but once they do their body is veiled in earth. It seems a bit hard to breath like this, but it does seem to be a good defense. Their strength also increases, but they also feel it draining away somewhat...

Map: http://imgur.com/a/Ba6PJ
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Not sure how waitlisting and such works on this, and it's 7/8 (as someone just died), so
Maximum - or + in a stat is 3. I moved one of those - in luk to affinity. If you want to get rid of a + instead tell me, but you can't change strength because it was the basis for your loot.

As an aside, I kind of wish I'd made the ravine a bit wider on the map. It isn't exactly the truest representation... Hah, such is my sense of scale.  I should note that the side on the ravine Sparky is on is lower than that of the inside portion. The whole thing is sort of a raised plateau, in other words.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:35:28 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2017, 07:57:40 am »

GRASS, ATTACK MY FOE, JUMP INTO HIS BACK LIKE A RAIN OF ARROWS!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 13, 2017, 08:44:29 am »

Push him backwards with shields and slashes!  Slash his legs off!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 13, 2017, 09:52:41 am »

Run around the ravine and go up to the cavetop entrance.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 13, 2017, 03:18:44 pm »

"It's gettin' a bit stuffy over here."

Grab the ruby then head off toward the swamp. If I can't bring the cannon across the river, instead load it and fire blind into the swamp. Kill ze snake!

Ze snake is still alive right

Right?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:37:37 pm by Paphi »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 13, 2017, 03:59:32 pm »

((I'm not even as powerful as I was when I spawned in Looter's Delight 3 the second time, and I don't have the cloak.))

"I'm sorry, you seem to have gotten confused,
Hagrow. We may be allies, but you absolutely do not just take my loot without asking or telling me what the hell you plan to do with it by wandering off by yourself. 'Your first piece of loot is a gift. Allies may borrow it, but let none take it from you.' Second Tenet in the Book of the Great Green One. Especially considering you already have the pistol. What are you trying to do, anyway?"

There will be no ruby grabbing. I will enforce this with non-lethal force, like an earth coffin or tomb around his body up to the neck or something, with enough room for his chest to expand so he can breath, and taking the pistol  away through the earth. Unless he tries to use force to take it, at which point I'll use lethal force in whatever manner the GM thinks would be most effective and entertaining without endangering myself or Grahm or my loot. Anyway, assuming Hagrow doesnt do something detrimental to his health, use my earth control to move the couch over by the cannon, and then separate and levitate a chunk of earth under it big enough to comfortably hold myself, Hagrow, Grahm, the couch, and the cannon. Time to go mobile.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:17:08 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27