Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39820 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 24
« Reply #315 on: March 24, 2017, 02:23:52 pm »

Hagrow stares at the ring. Then he looks at the river. Then back at the ring. Then at Greeny. Then the river. He remembered shooting through the water faster than he had any right to. He shouts to Greeny.

"Greeny! I need to borrow the crystal. I have an idea."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 24, 2017, 02:25:59 pm »

Walk over to my Shield and pick it back up, I doubt this Asshole can Run after me now... Once I have it Go back and preform a bit of arm surgery if you get my meaning.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 24, 2017, 02:34:17 pm »

"Help me aim this cannon first. Looks like there's a two-for-one special going on over there, and I hate missing a bargain."

Get Hagrow Grahm to aim the cannon at the scuffle and take care of all aiming related things. Fire the cannon. Then let Hagrow borrow the ruby. Take the offered shield from Grahm.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 03:06:26 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 24, 2017, 02:57:31 pm »

Aim the cannon before Hagrow does, because I actually have more dex. Also, hand the shield I just made to Greeny and grow another.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 24, 2017, 03:08:26 pm »

Run up on to the Metal Snake's back and deliver a point-blank shotgun blast directly into it's head.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2017, 09:59:47 pm »

Gem? Check. Ring? Check. Gun? Check.

Let the gun and gem do their work as I bathe in the river and drink. Equip the ring, and will it to draw the river water into me.

(Drop the shield if need be)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2017, 10:29:14 pm »

Well, gg crazyabe.

Smash myself in the head with my hammer to deny D.E.A.T.H the loot.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2017, 12:07:54 am »

Find my bearings, and keep the darts close at hand.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2017, 02:00:10 pm »

Ho, very frustrated, heads around the ravine, heading after Sophie. If she tosses a dart, Ho attempts to block with a statue shield.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 7/8 Turn 25 - Multikill!
« Reply #324 on: March 28, 2017, 09:32:30 pm »

In this turn, we have one of our first truly long range attacks that the victims might be able to dodge. As such, I'll be performing EVERY initiative roll here and now.

Grahm Spd: 5+3=8
Sophie Spd: 6+1=7
Snake Spd: 4+3=7
Sparky Spd: 1+5=6(Snake was lucky this turn it seems)
Greeny Spd: 3+3=6(You rolled higher on initiative than your targets. Of course, this was basically a given, considering your speed.)
Hagrow Spd: 3+2=5
Ho Spd: 5-2=4
D.E.A.T.H. Spd: 5-3=2
Brutus Spd: 3-2-2(Leg)=-1

Aim the cannon before Hagrow does, because I actually have more dex. Also, hand the shield I just made to Greeny and grow another.

Grahm Dex: 3+2=5
Grahm Aff: 3+3-2=4

Grahm hands the shield to Greeny, and readies the cannon for fire. Not the greatest angle of attack, but it should do. Afterwards, he walks back to his tree, and returns to work. He starts making a shield, and makes a fair bit of progress. He can tell it isn't ready yet though.

Find my bearings, and keep the darts close at hand.
(You  probably could have just checked the map, but I appreciate your in-character play.)

Beyond the ravine to the northeast is a large cave structure. You can't see the entrance from here, but are sure that it lies somewhere on the outside. To the southeast is a deep swamp, from which you hear the sound of gunfire. Further west lies a small lake that feeds into a river. To the north is a vast stony plain, and to the northeast a far more rocky terrain.

Quote from: Snake
Rarrr!
Run up on to the Metal Snake's back and deliver a point-blank shotgun blast directly into it's head.

Snake Dex: 5+2=7
Sparky Spd 1+5=6
Orb Reaction: 5
Snake Str: 1+1=2
Sparky End: 1-1=0
Sparky Aff: 3+1=4

The snake makes an open mouthed lunge at Sparky, whose location the snake manages to predict on smell alone! Unfortunately, the Molasses orbs seem unable to keep up with their owner's speed, and can't get into position in time to block the attack. The snake slashes Sparky's face open with a twin fanged attack! An unknown silvery substance sprays onto the wounds, increasing the pain. It definitely isn't pleasant... However Sparky suddenly feels a soothing wave of energy enter him from his cape! Slowly but surely, the injury starts to close. So that's what that piece of loot does.

Sparky Dex: 2+1=3
Snake Spd: 5+3=8
Orb Reaction: 5
Snake Spd: 6+3=9

Undeterred, Sparky fires off a blast with his shotgun. However, the fluid must have gotten into his eyes, because he misses completely! Both remaining molasses orbs fly at the snake to retaliate its earlier attack, but it evades them!

"Help me aim this cannon first. Looks like there's a two-for-one special going on over there, and I hate missing a bargain."
Get Hagrow Grahm to aim the cannon at the scuffle and take care of all aiming related things. Fire the cannon. Then let Hagrow borrow the ruby. Take the offered shield from Grahm.

Hagrow Dex: 5+1=6 (This roll doesn't really count much, but I figured I'd roll it anyway since his action hinged on yours, which occurs first. Aiming a cannon seems like something people could collaborate on anyway. Essentially, I've averaged the rolls for a result of 5.5. If he rolled less than 5, this wouldn't do anything.)
D.E.A.T.H. Spd: 5-3=2
Brutus Spd: 6-4=2
D.E.A.T.H. End: 3+3=6 (With a higher roll, you might have survived. But your existing injuries make even a 7 iffy, survival wise.)
D.E.A.T.H. Aff: 4-1=3
Brutus End: 1+2=3
Brutus Aff: 6-3=3 (I wasn't expecting much from these Aff rolls. But this cannon does kind of warrant them, in a way.)

While waiting for the crystal ruby, Hagrow makes a slight aim correction. It probably won't amount to much. After that, Greeny fires the cannon! A compressed sphere of lava exits the cannon's barrel at high speed, careening towards the two brutal physical competitors! Both are woefully unprepared for the attack, and still in close proximity to each other. With a stunning BANG, the sphere of lava explodes into a burning cascade, burying both fighters! They do not survive. As an aside, it looks like the couch is finally done charging.

Derick Edward Alen Tommy Horstashio the Third and Brutus are dead!

Greeny Luk: (2x2)+3(Luk)+5(Kills)+1(Carrying leg)+4(D.E.A.T.H)+1(Brutus)=18 (I actually broke out a calculator for this one just to be sure.)

As a great pool of lava begins to coats the terrain between the river and the swamp, a portal appears at Greeny's feet. A regal looking crown of stone and concrete rises out of the portal. It is studded with many red and white gems. The green man removes his wooden helm, takes the crown, and places the superior item on his head. His durability, speed, and magical power all immediately improve. He feels a great power stirring within the crown. An attack of some sort? Whatever it is, it is almost certainly powerful.

Gem? Check. Ring? Check. Gun? Check.
Let the gun and gem do their work as I bathe in the river and drink. Equip the ring, and will it to draw the river water into me.
(Drop the shield if need be)

Hagrow Aff(Backfire?): 6+1=7
Hagrow Aff(Potency): 1+1=2
Hagrow End: 5+1+5=11

Paphi readies their equipment and enters the river. After a couple sips, he puts on the ring. He begins his master plan by calling upon the power of the ring! ...... Uh, calling upon the ring? ...... Nothing happens. At all. He doesn't feel any worse at least. The pistol keeps healing him. Seems it can't fix dehydration though. The problem wasn't with his plan, but with his magical expertise, evidently.

Ho, very frustrated, heads around the ravine, heading after Sophie. If she tosses a dart, Ho attempts to block with a statue shield.

Ho Spd: 2-1=1

Ho doesn't make very much progress, but once more his target is in his sights. That's something right?

Doctor Awesome has spawned!

Doctor Awesome Luk: 2+3=5

The doctor appears atop a layer of cooled lava, beside a small lake. While they takes in their surroundings, their waiver begins to transform. Once complete, they hold a fine wooden staff. They sense two separate powers within it.

Map: http://imgur.com/a/Xbjef
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
For a long time now, I've been wondering what to do when we get our first multi-kill. Should I combine all the kills into one super item, or should I instead create a shower of loot. Suffice to say that I chose the former option for a variety of reasons. Had I chosen the latter it would get into murky territory with questions like "who died first, because whoever died second would create a better item, assuming all else is equal." However this does mean that the resulting super item only gets one Luk roll to start with before we start adding modifiers. Because of this, said Luk roll will be multiplied by the total kills performed. Anyway, we finally have a piece of headgear! About damn time. I guess I'm glad the first hat is a good one, rather than some awful 2 Luk Baseball Cap.

Crazyabe, I ask that your next character have a simpler name. I shouldn't be sighing in relief when people die. You can of course ignore this suggestion with no penalties.

As an aside, I realized before this turn that I missed a bonus when calculating D.E.A.T.H.'s robe. As a result, it gained an extra effect. The extra effect I rolled wasn't very useful. It didn't matter. But I fixed it so hey! Wee. So Sir Knight, want in on this yet?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 12:53:40 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 28, 2017, 09:40:37 pm »

Ho grabs the box of darts. Then throws it into the ravine. If the girl throws a dart at him, he tries to block it with a summoned shield.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 28, 2017, 10:00:43 pm »

((IT BEGINS!))

Keep an eye out for threats. See if my crown does anything else neat.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:37:02 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 28, 2017, 10:19:31 pm »

JESUS CHRIST! I have regeneration as well? Person, what monster have you created?

Flip the Snake the invisible bird and head to the ravine.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:35 pm »

Do it again! Goal: manipulate water into armor.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2017, 09:18:27 am »

Back away, but continue to throw darts at Ho. Deadly, Exit, whichever.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27