Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39907 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

Head back to the starting area again and see if I can find anyone.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

((Beirus, Paphi, it'd be great if I could borrow the vitality crystal for a little bit, just to keep myself from sleeping until my -2 end makes me die of internal bleeding or something. Gonna need the pistol eventually too, to not be dependent on end boosts, but that can wait.))

Continue to try waking up.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 19
« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2017, 11:55:39 pm »

Turn see title: In which I go through with previously discussed considerations.

Cangla slowly trudges over to SMJ. Then pokes her intangible stick into him. Then turns it solid.
Dodge that. And run away. ((I meant for the group to kill me.))
Drain the vitality of the willing sacrifice. And if the intangible one tries to get me, use my speed to stay out of range. I'm fast enough that she shouldn't be able to catch me, let alone touch me, even on a bad day. Drain vitality of anyone attacking me.

Greeny Spd: 5+3=8
SMJ Spd: 2+3=5
Cangla Spd: 5-3=2

Greeny Aff: 2+3=5
SMJ End: 4-3=1
SMJ Aff: 2-3=-1 (These rolls were very much on the edge of the "this might not kill" range. Given that he's a willing target however...)

Greeny raises the Vitality Ruby, and SMJ collapses mid sprint, skidding on the grass for a little while. Cangla is left with nothing to stab after crossing the river again. At least intangibility keeps her from having to dry off her clothes.

SMJesus is dead!

Greeny Luk: 4+7=11

(I'm just going to start condensing these Luk bonuses, as that saves me a bit of trouble.)

SMJ's corpse finally comes to a stop, and his body turns to ash. All that is left behind is what appears to be a human leg. You don't think its his. This is on account of several factors. First of which is that it is made of stone. Second is that it has curious silver carvings all over it. Last but not least is the fact that the leg's foot is covered in flame, and sheathed in thick earth. The proportions are also a bit off, which is something to consider.

Is... this a prosthetic of some kind? You take a quick look at your allies, and note that you all currently have perfectly functioning legs. Well okay, Grahm is potentially up for debate but really let's not split hairs over that sort of thing. As you approach it, the leg changes shape such that it seems like it would fit you well. You grasp it by the ankle, and hold it at ready. This feels incredibly silly. Er, hold on... Wouldn't it be better to grasp at the knee? Hmm. This pondering takes a considerable amount of time, and by the end of it some oddly translucent lady with a big anchor on her shoulder starts walking out of the river towards you. Oh.

Head back to the starting area again and see if I can find anyone.

Sparky Spd: 4+3=7

You make your way towards the lake first. It'd be annoying to have to cross the river. After a bit of running, you stand atop the deposit of cooled lava beside the lake. Looks like there's two people lying on the ground, one which seems to be bleeding out. Could be good targets, but you'll need to get a little closer. As you arrive, you witness a man in a wife beater and absurdly tight jeans carrying a Frisbee collapse into dust. Well then. Looting the pile of ash is a green man who defies description, and really needs a picture drawn of him. (Really Beirus you're ridiculous, and I mean that in the best way possible.) Out of the river emerges a strangely translucent woman. She's carrying something quite large for their stature. Anyway, looks like that man in green might be occupied for awhile. (I prefer not to give tips like this, but you haven't tried to do anything with your cape yet. This is more of a general public service announcement. Try doing stuff with your loot. More exists than is seen by the eye.)

I Head Directly South
Fly on over and dive-bomb axe the nearest person. Avoid retaliation by way of being in the air.

Punchface McStabby Spd: 2-1=1 (Would you like me to use your first name or surname?)
D.E.A.T.H. Spd: 1-3=-2 (Your initiative rolls continue to impress me, for all the wrong reasons.)

Punchface McStabby Dex: 1=1
D.E.A.T.H. Spd: 5-3=2
D.E.A.T.H. Dex: 6+2=8
Punchface McStabby Spd: 2-1=1
D.E.A.T.H. Str: 3+3=6
D.E.A.T.H. Aff: 6-3+1=4
Punchface McStabby End: 4+1=5

Punchface McStabby takes to the air, and charges west at a hulking gorilla like man, battleaxe raised! Unfortunately, he isn't quite used to his new wings, and his attack goes wide by a bit. D.E.A.T.H retaliates by swinging his lightning flamberge towards his foe's side before he has a chance to take off again! While the swing was a strong one, not much of the blade connects. The magical blade only tears a chunk of flesh off with the blade's tip. Luckily, this is followed up by a small arc of burning electricity, searing McStabby's new wings somewhat. Clearly a direct hit would be more deadly. While damaged, McStabby's wings are still intact, and appear to be reforming from the shadow.

Grip pistol in what totally isn't going to be a death grip right? Right.

Hagrow Spd: 5+2=7
Hagrow End: 3+1=4

Hagrow's injuries don't worsen this turn. The Fang Pistol continues to patch him up at a slow rate. He feels much better already. He keeps sitting propped up on a pillar, and while he waits, he notices someone approaching from the north. Someone with a shotgun, wearing running shorts and a bright green cape. And is something orbiting around him? Difficult to say at this range.

Continue to try waking up.

Grahm Spd: 2+3=5
Grahm End: 4-2=2

Grahm stirs somewhat, but doesn't wake up quite yet. (One more decent positive roll will do it. Even a 3.)

Brutus has spawned!

Brutus Luk: 3+1=4

Brutus's waiver flies into the air and comes down as a colossal warhammer. There's a large carving of a four leaf clover on the side. You can barely carry it, but it'll definitely packs a punch. You are to the north of the swamp.

http://imgur.com/a/A0ym9
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:08:38 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2017, 12:07:02 am »

((McStabby's probably the way to go.))

Circle behind him and hack him from the back!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2017, 12:08:33 am »

I throw my shield like a Frisbee aimed for punchface's head, pull out my Scourge in my spare hand, and go berzerk on his face.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2017, 12:27:01 am »

Continue to try waking up. Mentally nag Greeney about borrowing that gem, too, because I literally need it for ten seconds to get on my feet.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2017, 09:55:18 am »

Sneak around and try to find someone
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2017, 10:02:36 pm »

14. Drape the lower half of my cape infront of my shotgun and take a shoot a the translucent figure.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2017, 10:15:17 am »

Yeah, he dies. Cangla swings her anchor at Greeny, turning it tangible just before impact and then immediately turning it back.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2017, 10:35:01 am »

Hagrow plays support by shooting at Cangla or the nearest other adversary

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2017, 11:30:15 am »

The leg isn't important right now, I can figure out what it does later. Use my superior speed to stay well out of reach of Cangla and her weapon. I mean, it should be physically impossible for her to catch me unless I let her, and I don't plan on letting her. Maybe point the leg at her to see if it does anything, or try to drain her vitality again, because that isn't a physical quality that should even be affected by intangibility. If she can't hit me, then let Grahm borrow the ruby for a few moments. Also make obligatory "Can't touch this" reference, maybe do the dance if I'm far enough away that she isn't going to lumber over in the few seconds it takes to do it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:37:09 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 20
« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2017, 11:11:13 pm »

Circle behind him and hack him from the back!
I throw my shield like a Frisbee aimed for punchface's head, pull out my Scourge in my spare hand, and go berzerk on his face.
Sneak around and try to find someone

Brutus Spd: 5+1=6

You run around the swamp to the south and see two people fighting. One has wings and an axe, and the other is D.E.A.T.H. who is who he is. (There's a map you know... Oh damn I just posted the turn 18 map again. I feel like an idiot now. Well I fixed it, but that's a bit late isn't it. )

McStabby Spd: 5-1=4
D.E.A.T.H Spd: 4-3=1

McStabby Dex: 4=4
D.E.A.T.H Spd: 2-3=-1
McStabby Str: 3+1=4
D.E.A.T.H End: 2+2=4
D.E.A.T.H Dex: 4+2+2=8(Forgot to add the dex bonuses from loot before. I made McStabby's injury slightly worse to compensate. )
McStabby Spd: 2-1=1
D.E.A.T.H Str: 4+3=7
Mcstabby End: 3+1=4
D.E.A.T.H Dex: 4+2+2-2=6
McStabby Spd: 2-1=1
D.E.A.T.H Str: 2+3=5
D.E.A.T.H Aff: 1-3+1=-1
McStabby End 3+1=4

McStabby takes another swing with his axe, but D.E.A.T.H. blocks it with his shield! In response, he throws his shield. The flying disc strikes him in the right arm, damaging it heavily! D.E.A.T.H follows this up with a Flamberge Swing to McStabby's Head, tearing a chunk out of his cheek! His sword doesn't do much this turn. After that he readies his scourge, but doesn't have time to swing it quite yet. 

Drape the lower half of my cape in front of my shotgun and take a shoot a the translucent figure.
Yeah, he dies. Cangla swings her anchor at Greeny, turning it tangible just before impact and then immediately turning it back.
Hagrow plays support by shooting at Cangla or the nearest other adversary
The leg isn't important right now, I can figure out what it does later. Use my superior speed to stay well out of reach of Cangla and her weapon. I mean, it should be physically impossible for her to catch me unless I let her, and I don't plan on letting her. Maybe point the leg at her to see if it does anything, or try to drain her vitality again, because that isn't a physical quality that should even be affected by intangibility. If she can't hit me, then let Grahm borrow the ruby for a few moments. Also make obligatory "Can't touch this" reference, maybe do the dance if I'm far enough away that she isn't going to lumber over in the few seconds it takes to do it.
Continue to try waking up. Mentally nag Greeney about borrowing that gem, too, because I literally need it for ten seconds to get on my feet.

These are init rolls!

Greeny Spd: 5+3=8(Another 3 way tie.)
Sparky Spd: 5+3=8
Hagrow Spd: 5+3=8
Grahm Spd: 4+2=6
Cangla Spd: 6-3=3

These people are moving around, so these rolls determine distance.

Greeny Spd: 3+3=6
Sparky Spd: 1+1=4

Now for the action!

Greeny Aff: 5+3=8
Cangla Aff: 5+2=7
Cangla End: 1-3=-2

Sparky Dex: 4+1=5
Cangla End: 2-5=-3

Greeny makes a run for it, and attempts to drain Cangla once safe. The draining has is less effective due to her current state, but it works nonetheless. After, he shoves the ruby into one of Grahm's open hands. Seeing Sparky take initiative, Greeny breaks out MC Hammer's signature dance move. Were he around to see it the man would be proud, maybe.

Following up Greeny's debuff, Sparky runs closer to Cangla, and unleashes a barrage of arcane pellets!

As you may be aware, elemental attributes have strengths and weaknesses. One of the strengths of arcane damage is this it can hit things that most physical attacks can't. That means Cangla's intangibility is actually useless against this particular attack.

Sparky's cape doesn't seem to have any affect, but nonetheless Cangla explodes into a fine, intangible mist. As an aside, Sparky now has two orbs... well, orbiting him.

Cangla is dead!

Sparky Luk: 6+4=10

A small sledgehammer bursts from the earth in front of sparky, and he grabs onto it with his free hand. It appears to be encrusted with various gems and crystals. The moment he grasps the handle, he becomes invisible. This extends to the orbs surrounding him as well. Neat! It could be wielded one handed, given the size. He also feels faster and stronger magically.

Hagrow End: 2+2=4

Hagrow doesn't shoot Sparky, as he seems to be helping for now. Just as well, because he needs his rest. After this turn, he thinks he can safely stand without aggravating his injuries.

Grahm End: 2-2+5=5
Grahm End: 6-2+5=9

Grahm finally wakes up, rather disoriented by the changes to his body. His insides feel all... weird. He can't help but feel like borrowing that pistol for a bit couldn't hurt. Also he notes that his upper body is made of wood and encrusted with various diamonds. This doesn't seem to affect mobility, but he does feel stronger. As for his right arm, it is covered in lightning. The earth beneath him calls to him somehow. Grahm can't help himself, and joins in on Greeny's dance moves!

Map: http://imgur.com/a/zFygc
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Nobody spawns, because no one is on the wait list. So, if you've been watching this thread but not joining please say why. Too much teamwork perhaps? Anyway, I'm surprised so few people have gone for the magic route. It is usually pretty strong in these games, as Greeny demonstrates continuously.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:12:50 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2017, 11:26:18 pm »

Huh.

Knew chasing the guy I literally could not act before he did was a bad idea.

Spoiler: Ho! (click to show/hide)
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2017, 11:41:08 pm »

Wait to see which of the combatants will be victorious, then attack the victor. If neither die this turn, just stay our of sight.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 07, 2017, 12:50:44 am »

Do a tribal dance of some sort ("hey, this isn't so bad!") and try to use my connection to nature/the earth to grow plants and manipulate the ground. If things seem to be going well, try making wooden armor for my teammates and myself.

If anyone attacks us, go ahead and tie them up with possible nature powers or smack them with my lightning arm.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27