Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39995 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 9/8 Turn 16
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2017, 11:16:33 am »

Man, I'm so sad about losing that car. That thing was Fukien sweet.

Anyway, I'm just going to recycle Brutus for the waitlist.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2017, 11:34:50 am »

Do anything, anything to help staunch the bleeding.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2017, 02:32:14 pm »

I haven't done one of these in a while; why not?

Spoiler: Punchface McStabby! (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2017, 03:58:43 pm »

Gram cocks his head at the couch, then turns to his teammates.

"I'm going to try this thing out, against my better judgement. You guys may want to get the hell away."

Sit on the couch, give it a mental prod, try and figure out what it does. If it seems like an attack, aim it at whatever non-allied person happens to be the most convenient. Would choose myself, but I can't actually load the map right now.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2017, 08:48:57 pm »

Run away the snake while showering it with buckshot.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 18, 2017, 10:56:35 pm »

Rest to the side. Inspect the keytar a little more carefully. Unequip the ring and pass it maybe.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:44:35 pm by Paphi »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2017, 09:50:44 pm »

Just need Beirus I guess.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2017, 10:08:39 pm »

Scout the surrounding area for someone to kill. If someone other than Hagrow or Grahm is found, drain their vitality with the ruby.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 17
« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2017, 03:53:16 am »

Turn 17:

Scout the surrounding area for someone to kill. If someone other than Hagrow or Grahm is found, drain their vitality with the ruby.
Okay then. Ever so slowly, Cangla trudges across the river, heading for Reaperweed.

(Randomly targeted Cangla.)

Well, there was that one person Brutus smashed their car into a while back. There's also that woman with the anchor. Hmm. Well, the car accident victim isn't anywhere in sight, but the anchor woman certainly is.

Greeny Spd: 6+3=9
Cangla Spd: 3-3=0
Greeny Aff: 1+3=4
Cangla Aff: 1+2=3
Cangla End: 5-3=2
Cangla Spd: 2-3=-1

Greeny quickly catches up to her, as apparently the river was more difficult to cross than anticipated. He raises his crystal and gets... Not much of anything really. Apparently being intangible has certain benefits. Undaunted, Cangla continues to cross the river, making it to the other side. Reaperweed is now in sight.

Run away the snake while showering it with buckshot.
Get up and drop kick Sparky.
Just a bit further to him...  Oh and if SMJ comes after me, my scurge should be applied to his face.
Quote from: Snake
Hiss!

Sparky Spd: 5+3=8
SMJ Spd: 2+3=5
Snake Spd: 1+3=4
DEATH Spd: 5-3=2

Sparky Dex: 6+1=7
Snake Spd: 6+3=9

SMJ Spd: 2+3=5
Sparky Spd: 6+3=9

Sparky decides to make a strategic retreat, and blasts away at the creature as they backpedal. The great metal snake weaves its way through the foliage with ease, avoiding every arcane pellet. SMJ follows him, but Sparky continues to stay out of his reach.

Snake Target: 5 (DEATH)
Snake Aff: 5-1=4
Snake Dex: 1+2=3
DEATH Spd: 2-3=-1
DEATH End: 4+2=6

The snake's eyes glow bright as they turn on DEATH! With a flick of its head, a laser arcs across DEATH's body searing it quite a bit. It doesn't hurt all that much, and much of it was blocked by his shield, which seems to absorb the attack nicely. Eventually, the three make their way out of the swamp, coming upon Reaperweed standing there, still enraptured by his shiny pin. Cangla is visible to the group as well. They manage to leave the snake behind, thankfully.

Do anything, anything to help staunch the bleeding.

Sophie End(Stay awake): 1=1
Sophie End(Avoid Death): 1=1

Regrettably, you can't stay awake long enough to do anything, and quickly die in your sleep.

Sophie Lou has died! Sophie's body is engulfed by a portal, leaving little trace of their existence. (Brutus is the only one that could have claimed this kill, and he's dead now so...)

Rest to the side. Inspect the keytar a little more carefully. Unequip the ring and pass it maybe.

Hagrow End(Awakeness): 4+1=5
Hagrow End(Worsen injuries?): 2+1=3
Hagrow End:(Not-Sickness): 2+1=3

You kind of wish you had the Fang Pistol, as all this really hurts. Grahm still has it though, so there's that plan. That said, you take off your ring, and take a seat up against a nearby pillar.

After that take another look at the Keytar that caused you so much trouble. The instrument is a bright red with some black decorative bits, and has flames painted down the sides. The handle and board themselves are about what you would expect. You could probably tune it if you wanted, and knew how. That would probably only change the sound, and not the results though. It is smaller than the average keytar, though you might not be able to tell that. It looks like you could plug it into an amp, but it doesn't seem to need power. If it does need power, it probably isn't running out any time soon. Finally, there's a strap attached, so you could probably hold onto it without your hands.

Your injuries worsen somewhat despite your relaxed state. You need help. Your sickness mostly remains as is, but your relative inactivity helps. Still, you remain awake.

Sit on the couch, give it a mental prod, try and figure out what it does. If it seems like an attack, aim it at whatever non-allied person happens to be the most convenient. Would choose myself, but I can't actually load the map right now.

Grahm Aff(Activate): 3+2=5
Grahm Aff("Safely Activate"?)5+2=7
Grahm End(Pain): 2-2=0
Grahm End(Survive Changes?): 5-2=3

Without much hesitation, you plop down onto the couch. Immediately, you are locked in place as a wide variety of tools on various arms come out from behind the seats. As the couch starts to operate, Grahm immediately passes out from the pain.

His left arm is encrusted with yellow diamond, and his right arm is encrusted with green diamond. Slowly but surely, his body begins to change. Much of his upper body becomes entirely made of a hard wood embossed with strange symbols.  Meanwhile his right arm begins to glow, and as more runes are carved, crackle with lightning. The diamonds remain, and can be seen glowing faintly.

When he awakes, he will feel slightly stronger, both physically and magically. In addition, he will feel a heightened connection to nature. From his right arm, he will feel the quiet but constant whirring of a machine. However, the one thing that he will feel more than any other thing is the urge to dance. He will have to resist this urge forever. Truly a terrible fate. In any event, these changes disconnect the flame slingshot from his right hand. If he isn't careful if/when he picks it up, it'll get stuck again. Unceremoniously, the couch pushes him onto the ground, its operation complete. In any event, it looks like the couch is out of energy, at least for the time being. The pistol might be doing its thing.

Map: https://imgur.com/a/JekCV

In map related news, that giant ball of lava isn't spreading all that much flame. The forest remains mostly unscathed. For now at least.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:55:05 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 20, 2017, 04:25:39 am »

I'll just go apply with the same person.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2017, 09:41:02 am »

Due to my involvement in other gaming things, please remove "Mustachio" from the waitlist.  I'm still reading here, just not playing.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2017, 10:15:13 am »

Not worth crossing the river. Go back with the others.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2017, 10:21:16 am »

Kill the reaper weed, and anyone who attempts to steal MY kill.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2017, 11:36:24 am »

Cangla trudges over to the swamp's edge, then grabs a pointy stick, then checks to see if she can extend her intangibility to it.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2017, 12:23:25 pm »

((Well. That's... pretty neat, actually. I assume the stat boosts you mentioned get applied after I'm awake, or is that a subtler thing?))

Urgh...

Note that Grahm should have the fang pistol, not Greeny. Also, try and wake up. If I manage, I think we're safe handing the pistol over to Hagrow.

If anyone attacks us, try to fry them with my new lightning-hand. If awake, I guess. Or sleepwalk, that's fine too.

((Aaaand now we have a big game of "who gets the loot." Pistol-wise, I'll probably be pretty good at protecting people once I return to the land of the living, but I don't think my wounds are actively worsening.

As for the slingshot... well, that's kinda up in the air. Probably Paphi or myself, since we have dex that isn't negative.))
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27