Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 40011 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 10/8 Turn 15
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2017, 10:53:04 am »

While the snake is preoccupied with ungluing it's mouth, I'll take the risk of jumping on its back, so as to be safe from it's bite.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2017, 01:14:35 pm »

ONWARDS TO KILLING THE BRAINDEAD!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2017, 02:16:32 pm »

Neat. Cangla further experiments with her anchor. Can she turn only a part of herself intangible?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2017, 02:17:25 pm »

Take a shot at SMJesus while he is jumping away.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2017, 02:19:42 pm »

"I feel for ya, Grahm. Why don'tcha give the cannon a good time?"

Offer the cannon. Use the ring to slow the car.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:58:37 am by Paphi »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2017, 07:01:04 pm »

Run from all the people, and take cover.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2017, 10:04:43 pm »

Can I go on the waitlist?  I would probably check this thread once a day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, trying to follow game mechanics: could you explain the +1 bonus to loot luck back here?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2017, 10:16:23 pm »

Try to drain the driver again.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2017, 07:01:54 am »

Also, trying to follow game mechanics: could you explain the +1 bonus to loot luck back here?
Firstly, that was actually a luk roll for Greeny. I've fixed that typo. Secondly, somewhat early on I decided to start adding(or subtracting) 1 for each kill a person makes. So that's that +1. Later on, I also introduced another bonus: The killed person's kills +1. These two changes were mostly just to make loot more interesting, but they were also added to make killing strong players more rewarding. I probably should have mentioned this at some point, as the change has made Luk rolls rather messy ever since.

Edit: Anyway, just need Whisperling at this point, though it'll probably be a few days before update. Rather busy. Right, going to auto Grahm if they don't post soon. All right then. I forgot to check Bay12 for a while, as I've been very busy. Will try to get a turn up as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:47:09 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2017, 07:15:37 pm »

((Shoot. Sorry again. :-X

Think I've said this before, but please do feel free to auto or skip me if I'm holding things up. Would rather miss a turn or do something I didn't intend to than slow things down for everyone else.))

Be the aiming and firing guy, I guess. Try to bury the car in lava, then shoot the driver with the fang gun if he manages to survive.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2017, 08:30:48 pm »

Poke mon.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 9/8 Turn 16
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2017, 12:55:22 am »

Turn 16:

Take a shot at SMJesus while he is jumping away.
While the snake is preoccupied with ungluing it's mouth, I'll take the risk of jumping on its back, so as to be safe from it's bite.
ONWARDS TO KILLING THE BRAINDEAD!

Sparky Spd: 5+3=8
SMJesus Spd: 5+3=8
Snake Spd: 5+3=8 (Excuse me rng, what are you doing? Also, I do belive this is the first time I've had a 3 way tie...)
D.E.A.T.H. Spd: 2-3=-1

Sparky Dex: 2+1=3
SMJesus Spd: 3+3=6
SMJesus Dex: 3+3=6
Snake Spd: 1+3=4
Snake Str: 6+1=7
Snake Dex: 4+2=6
SMJesus Spd: 2+3=5
Snake Str: 6+1=7
SMJesus End: 5-3=2

Sparky sees SMJesus about to make their move, and fires another round of arcane pellets at him. However, the frisbee holding mans leaps out of the way, and grabs onto the snake's back. He easily finds a hold, but the snake is none to pleased by this. First, it expands its jaw to its maximum width, finally dislodging the gooey substance. Then snake begins to twist and turn, and thrash around. Doing so, it successfully dislodges its passenger! SMJesus is thrown off by the violent shaking, and lands painfully on his back. At least he was tossed to the outskirts of the battle.

D.E.A.T.H. loses his patience, and starts going through the swamp as a shortcut. He can now see the battle going on here. SMJesus is closest to him.

Try to drain the driver again.

Be the aiming and firing guy, I guess. Try to bury the car in lava, then shoot the driver with the fang gun if he manages to survive.
Drive as far south as possible this turn, then rip up some of the upholstery to serve as a bandage.
Run from all the people, and take cover.

Greeny Spd: 6+3=9
Hagrow Spd: 5+2+1=8
Grahm Spd: 2+3=5
Car Spd: 3+4-2=5
Sophie Spd: 1+1=2

Greeny Aff: 1+3=4
Greeny Dex: 4+2=6
Brutus Aff: 2-3=-1
Brutus End: 1+2=3
Car End: 1=1 (Windshield, Windshield, Roof)
Brutus Luk: 1+1=2
Brutus End: 5+2-3=4

Greeny raises their crystal once more, focusing it straight on the driver's noggin. Combine with his injuries, the draining is enough to knock Brutus unconcious. Now conked out, his head falls onto the steering wheel. The car's horn sounds continuously as it veers off towards the forest, smashing into a nearby tree. Fortunately for Brutus, the airbags work, and he is not immediately harmed by the crash. However, the impact breaks the whole windshield into tiny pieces, spraying Brutus. He receives a bunch of scratches in various places. The roof begins to fall apart a bit more as well. Brutus stays unconscious, but doesn't yet bleed out from his injuries. The car begins to repair itself, but Brutus might not live long enough to keep using it...

Hagrow Aff(Backfire): 6+1=7
Hagrow Aff(Potency): 5+1=6
Car End: 1
Brutus Str: 6+3=9
Brutus End: 5+2-3=4
Hagrow End(Ring): 1+1=2
Hagrow End(Sickness): 3+1=4
Hagrow End(Injuries): 5+1=6

Hagrow raises their ring towards the car, it already being stopped. It is quite far away, but the ring still works. The increase in gravity smashes the car downwards, ripping open the front and back tires. In addition, the car's roof falls into the vehicle, pushing down on Brutus. The deadly driver is forced harder into his seat and against the steering wheel. However, even unconscious his ripping muscles totally ignore the gravitational wave. As a result, he takes little damage, enclosed as he is within the car.

Hagrow can resist the ring's sickness inducing affects no longer, and collapses into a cold sweat, unable to stand. He can barely resist the urge to vomit. He has to take this ring off asap. Despite his bleeding injuries, he stays awake.

Grahm Dex: 5+2=7 (Yep, that's a hit all right.)

Grahm eagerly accepts the cannon with a grin. After calculating a good angle to fire the cannon at, he opens fire! Brutus is coated completely in lava. Predictably, he does not survive this. Grahm feels healing emanate from the fang pistol, but he's already in good health.

Brutus is Dead!

Grahm Luk: -5-3-3-1=-12 (Oh boy)

As the lava cools where Brutus used to be, a shimmering portal appears in the air near Grahm. Out of it falls an incredibly shiny... couch? The couch is transparent, and appears to be made of diamond. There appear to be a lot of moving parts inside. He can't tell what they're for. Looking upon it, he feels the urge to dance.

Grahm Aff: 6+2=8

He successfully resists said urge, despite wanting to celebrate his first new piece of loot in a very long time.

Sophie End: 3
Sophie Spd: 4+1-2=3
Sophie End: 1

Just about everyone here seems content to ignore Sophie, who crawls off into the distance, ducking behind a small hill that blocks her from view. Her injuries don't worsen, but she passes out from the pain. She might die soon if left untreated.

Neat. Cangla further experiments with her anchor. Can she turn only a part of herself intangible?

Cangla Aff: 2+2=4

Cangla continues to test her Anchor. Looks like the answer to that question is a yes.

Map: https://imgur.com/a/DA0S4

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Why didn't you press the clone button Brutus? WHYYYY? Also, I'm SO sorry about this wait.

I always feel so much pity when someone gets absolutely brutalized but doesn't immediately die. Sort of like, it might actually be more merciful to just say they died and shove them back in the wait list, but rules are rules. Anyway, you've probably noticed by now that some attacks can hit multiple body parts at once. This generally only happens with big impacts like Brutus's car, but there has been more than a few instances where this has occurred. I bet Whisperling is feeling pretty good that they finally got some new loot. They've been in since the first turn, and I'd probably be jumping for joy were I in their place. Still, a -12 item... That's the highest absolute value yet!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:50:55 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2017, 07:35:18 am »

Get up and drop kick Sparky.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2017, 07:40:52 am »

Just a bit further to him...  Oh and if SMJ comes after me, my scurge should be applied to his face.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2017, 10:17:10 am »

Okay then. Ever so slowly, Cangla trudges across the river, heading for Reaperweed.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27