Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 40065 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 13
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2017, 03:18:55 pm »

Assuming I get the ring, crush the bear. If not... play the keytar again, unless I'm somehow rescued. Cage escape is priority.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2017, 04:09:07 pm »

Give the ring back. Drain Vitality on anybody attacking my allies or myself. Use the columns to my advantage to dodge attacks.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2017, 05:13:48 pm »

Shoot fire at the magma bear. You never know.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 10/8 Turn 14
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2017, 10:30:07 pm »

Turn 14:

Right, just gonna have to skip ATHATH again. Sorry that you're going to have to read through all those turns to have any idea what's going on.

Head into the swamp and try to look for any other Walking Lootbags.
Quote from: Sosuku234
Secrets.

SMJesus Spd: 5+3=8
Sparky Spd:3+3=6
Reaperweed Spd: 1+3=4
Snake ???: 1+-???

Sparky makes his way into the swamp, cape billowing ominously as orbs of molasses continue to orbit him. Hm, that second bit is rather less intimidating. Let's leave that out if it isn't relevant.

They can't seem to find anyone in the swamp, but that guy had to have been running from something, right?

Reaperweed mostly just stands there, scoping out the battle across the river.

Jones begins to murder the monkey (Crazyabe).
Action change, Give him some lashes ta tha face if he gets anywhere near me.

D.E.A.T.H Spd: 4-3=1(Tie Breaker!)
Jones Spd: 3-2=1
D.E.A.T.H Dex: 2+2=4
Jones Spd: 2-2=0
D.E.A.T.H Str: 6+3=9
Jones End: 2+2=4 (Well then.)

D.E.A.T.H sees Jones begin to charge at him with his clawed gauntlets bared, and responds in turn!

The two close to melee distance, and D.E.A.T.H is able to throw the first attack with his scourge! His full might goes behind the attack, and Jones is caught off guard by the confusing weapon. Unable to avoid the attack, his head is ripped and torn to pieces by a deadly flurry of metal!

Jones is dead!

D.E.A.T.H Luk: 3+1+1=5

Jones's body fades away, and a portal appears next to D.E.A.T.H. From it, he receivs a sturdy looking round shield, and wears it on his right arm. The shield improves his dexterity, and has a faint aura of darkness around it.

Shoot fire at the magma bear. You never know.
Give the ring back. Drain Vitality on anybody attacking my allies or myself. Use the columns to my advantage to dodge attacks.
Assuming I get the ring, crush the bear. If not... play the keytar again, unless I'm somehow rescued. Cage escape is priority.
Pit both my weapons in the passenger seat, then drive straight at Hagrow. Unless there's a column or something in the way, then try to get a better angle. Oh, and be sure to buckle up. Safety, yo
Walk over to the forest.

Grahm Spd: 6+3=9
Bear Spd: 6=6
Greeny Spd: 2+3=5
Hagrow Spd: 3+2=5
Sophie Spd: 1+1=2
Brutus Spd: 3-2=1
Grahm Aff: 4+2=6
Grahm Dex: 6+2=8
Bear Spd: 4=4
Bear End: 3+2-3=2
Bear End: 1+2-3=0

Grahm raises his slingshot, desperate to save his ally! His hand glows with an awesome power! Its burning rage tells him to...  Ah to hell with it either you get the joke by now or it isn't worth typing the rest.

A large fireball zooms toward the molten bear at high speed, smashing into its right leg. The force alone is enough to tear off the leg, sending it flying off in an arc! The beast loses balance, and falls to the ground! The bear isn't the sort of creature to feel pain, but it is now disoriented enough that it can't manage to get close to Hagrow. 

Greeny Aff: 6+3=9
Bear Aff: 4=4
Bear End: 1+2-3=0

Next up, Greeny tosses the ring over to Hagrow, who catches it and slips it on their finger like their life depends on it! (It does.) After this, Greeny tries draining the bear again, seeing as that seems to work well enough last time. The ruby glows bright, and the bear collapses into dust, ash, and a small pool of lava. Well, that's that over with.

Hagrow Aff(Backfire): 4+1=5
Hagrow Aff(Potency) : 1+1=2

Hagrow rejoices after the bear's defeat, and tries to crush one of the cage's pillars with the force of gravity. The ring doesn't actually work this time though. His pistol slowly continues to patch up his injuries.

Brutus: Spd: 6-2=4
Brutus End: 5+2=7(These end rolls might look good, but you're still losing blood.)

Brutus admires the car, quite happy with something he can truly call loot. But there's no time to gawk. Brutus grabs his scythe and bow, and climbs into the front seat of his shiny new car! Shame he's getting blood all over the upholstery, but needs must. After this, be secures his weapons in the passenger seat. But ah yes, safety first! *Click* goes the seatbelt. As it turns out, the compression of the seatbelt is better than nothing for healing purposes.

The keys are in the ignition, so he could take them out if he wanted to. Along with the usual features like air conditioning and whatnot, the dashboard has an extra button labelled "Clone". Wonder what that does. Another button looks like it would lower the roof, in case a passenger wanted to shoot while you drive.

Anyway, there's no time to waste! With a destination in mind, Brutus revs up the engine, and steps on the gas. Their car accelerates out of the forest towards the area with the obelisk. He sees a wounded naked man trapped in a cage, and a few other people as well. The naked man is holding a pistol and a keytar. There's a green skinned one on yellow rollerskates carrying a bright red crystal. The last person is guy in rags holding a similarly colored slingshot. 

Brutus Dex: 4+1=5
Car Str: Success
Cage Durability: 2
Car Dur(Drove over lava): 4
Hagrow Spd: 3+2+1=6
Car Str: Success
Cage Dur: 4
Car Dur: 2

Sophie makes her way over to the forest.

Before she can react, a flashy red sports car zooms out of the forest towards a large group of people, one of which is trapped in a cage! The car smashes through the cage, the trapped man barely stepping out of the way. The cars wheels ignite upon touching a pool of lava, and the car veers off. Despite the loss of traction, Brutus keeps the car on track, smashing through the cage's other side.

Brutus passes by Greeny at high speed, and starts a u-turn to make another pass. His wheels have already been mostly fixed. The front section is still pretty smashed up. The windshield is covered in rubble from the cage, so Brutus activates the windshield wipers to get the earthy mess out of his sight.

The large lava pool by the lake has mostly cooled by now.

Cangla Nonss has spawned!

Cangla Nonss Luk: 2+3=5

Cangla Nonss appears southwest of the river's bend, seeing a car in front of them take a right turn. Their waiver becomes quite heavy, and they reflexively hoist it to their shoulder. There, it becomes a large metal anchor. They feel a strange power within the anchor that they think they can call upon.

Map: https://imgur.com/a/eN9M0

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Sorry about the wait. To be fair, this was only a week or so, which isn't too bad by RTD standards. Maybe this sounds biased, but I really liked the gauntlets Jones received. I wish I'd had a chance to show you what they were capable of. Still, a strength to endurance different of 5 to the head is pretty insurmountable, as far as damage rolls go.

Anyway, there are currently 10 players in this game. The load is getting to be a bit much, so no one going to spawn anymore until we drop below 8 players.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:28:33 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 10/8 Turn
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2017, 10:35:20 pm »

Take another pass at the group of people. Avoid lava/cages this time.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2017, 11:03:01 pm »

Drain the bad driver's vitality. Also kick some lightning at him if it uses my Affinity to target, but not if it uses my dexterity. And dodge any incoming attacks, use the pillars to my advantage.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2017, 12:19:29 am »

"Hey, good shot! You got nice aim, Grahm, try this..."

Remove ring, pass pistol, charge cannon, take cover.

((I appreciate the clarifications by the rolls, btw))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2017, 12:25:18 am »

Grahm grins about an inch too widely.

"Why, thank you."

Take aim at that car guy and fire the gun. Nothing quite like drowsiness behind the wheel, eh?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2017, 03:09:11 am »

PM'd.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2017, 04:31:20 am »

Run over and shoot the driver.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2017, 05:56:16 pm »

Dang.

Go to the ravine and see if there any way to climb  down.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2017, 06:10:42 pm »

I head for the other side of the Swamp, and if Reaperweed doesn't move Go for my Free kill Viva Strangulation with a scourge.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2017, 07:42:11 pm »

Cangla Nonss calls upon the power of the anchor, directing it towards the player nearest her.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 10/8 Turn 15
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2017, 04:54:39 am »

Turn 15:

Well, just gonna assume ATHATH isn't coming back, given they were last here on the 19th.

Remove ring, pass pistol, charge cannon, take cover.
Run over and shoot the driver.
Drain the bad driver's vitality. Also kick some lightning at him if it uses my Affinity to target, but not if it uses my dexterity. And dodge any incoming attacks, use the pillars to my advantage.
Take another pass at the group of people. Avoid lava/cages this time.
Take aim at that car guy and fire the gun. Nothing quite like drowsiness behind the wheel, eh?
Cangla Nonss calls upon the power of the anchor, directing it towards the player nearest her.

Bangin's, the gangs all here. Congrats on aggroing half the players in the game S34N1C. I didn't know you had it in you. Anyway. I'd like to note that while magical attacks do generally have dex rolls attached, it isn't as big a factor in landing a hit as for other attacking methods.

Hagrow Spd: 4+2+1=6
Sophie Spd: 5+1=6
Greeny Spd: 2+3=5
Brutus Spd: 6-2=4
Grahm Spd: 1+3=4
Cangla Spd: 6-3=2

Hagrow Aff: 4+1=5
Hagrow End: 3+1=4
Hagrow End: 5+1=6

Hagroe starts by taking off his ring, and passing his pistol to Grahm. With the loss of his pistol, his body stops healing. Taking cover from the driver, he drags his cannon to a safe position and slaps his hand on the back. The cannon draws a fair bit more blood than last time, tearing up his hand a bit. With that, the wooden monstrosity is loaded and ready for action. He begins to feel a bit faint from his injuries, but stays awake nonetheless.

Sophie Spd: 3+1=4
Sophie Dex: 6+1+1=8
Car Spd: 2+4=6
Car Dur: 5

Sophie finds the car a tempting target, and runs over to get in range with her bloody shotgun. Fortunately, the car is moving towards her as well, otherwise this would be a far more difficult shot. As the car completes its turn and starts to drift away, Sophie fires! The shot spreads bloody pellets all over the back section of the car, ripping apart both back tires and tearing at the trunk a bit too!

The car loses a great deal of traction and speed, but just the two front tires seem to be putting in a lot of work.

Greeny Aff: 3+3=6
Greeny Dex: 4-2=2
Greeny Aff: 3+3=6
Greeny Dex: 3-2=1
Car Spd: 5+4-2=7

Greeny tries to drain Brutus, but can't seem to get a lock due to the speed of the car, along with how the car blocks his vision of Brutus often. Instead, he dashes behind a pillar and kicks a bolt of electricity at him. However, by the time he kicks, his target is already far out of the way of the attack. At least his headache is mostly gone by now.

Brutus Dex: 4+1=5
Brutus End: 1+2=3
Car Spd: 6+4-2=8
Sophie Spd: 3+1=4
Car Str: 3+3(Speed)=6
Sophie End: 5=5
Sophie End=5

Brutus feels his car take quite a beating, and all the bumping and shaking reopens some of his wounds. His vision is starting to fail him.

Despite this he takes a run towards Sophie, making a direct impact! The force if the impact bowls her over, causing severe damage to her upper body and legs, especially her left leg. She feels something a lot of things break inside her, but slowly begins to pick herself up off the ground. It isn't a pleasant process.

Grahm Dex: 2+2=4
Car Spd: 3+4+2-2=5

Grahm sees Brutus run over Sophie, and isn't eager to let him escape. He takes aim with the fang pistol, and opens fire! He sprays multiple fangs wildly, but none of them connect! At least the pistol heals his burns and regrows his skin somewhat.

Cangla Aff: 5+2=7

Cangla raises her anchor, and takes a swing at one of that car that just sped by. Rather than affecting their target, her anchor releases its power into herself, and she feels herself become intangible as if a ghost. She isn't untouchable by any means, but this might make it difficult for her opponents. If she wants, she knows she can become corporeal again whenever she wishes. However, keeping this form will require some focus.

Brutus's car makes some repairs to itself. Maybe it'd be a good idea to check out that clone button I pointed out before...

Quote from: Sosuku234
Secrets.
Go to the ravine and see if there any way to climb down.

SMJesus Spd: 1+3+Stealth=Faster
Sparky Spd: 2+3=5
Snake Spd: 2+3=5

SMJesus Str: 5-2=3
Orb Reaction: 3
SMJesus Str: 5-2=3
Orb Str: 1
Orb Dur: 1
Sparky Spd: 4

Snake Dex: 5+2
Sparky Spd: 3+3=6
Snake Str: 2+1
Orb Reaction: 3
Orb Dur: 5

SMJesus sees Sparky making his exit from the swamp, and tries a sneak attack! Sparky is unable to avoid the attack, but the orbs of molasses that surround him aren't so hindered!

His right arm sinks elbow deep into the orb! The orb makes to tighten, and he struggles to break free. Fortunately while molasses is viscous, it can't seem to put up much of a fight and he is able to tear his arm out. He's even able to tear a chunk out of the orb when his arm comes free.

With a Frisbee in his left hand, a molasses chunk in his right, and his body covered in mud SMJesus is a bewildering sight for Sparky.

As he tries to understand the situation, things only worsen as a huge metal snake with glowing eyes begins to encroach upon the pair! The snake lunges at Sparky, forcing him to change his priorities from fight to flight!

Sparky jumps back and to the side, avoiding the snake's liquid coated fangs. As he does, another of his orbs moves to intercept the attack. The fangs strike home, and the gooey substance lodges in the snake's mouth. The snake can't seem to get it out! Now both fighters have a chance to make a move! (One orb damaged, one stuck in snake. More will generate over time.)

I head for the other side of the Swamp, and if Reaperweed doesn't move Go for my Free kill Viva Strangulation with a scourge.

D.E.A.T.H. Spd: 6-3=3

That's quite the run for someone as slow, big, and burly as you. However, you do make it a good way towards your target. Another turn and you might make it. It'll probably be faster to take a detour through the swamp. That might be more dangerous though.

Map: https://imgur.com/a/WZ8JU

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
There we are, I'm back on pace.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:45:58 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 10/8 Turn 15
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2017, 10:41:48 am »

Drive as far south as possible this turn, then rip up some of the upholstery to serve as a bandage.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27