Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 40061 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 11
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2017, 11:08:48 pm »

Get away from the guy who's using a probably-AOE piece of loot near me. Otherwise... hm. If he happens to hurt anyone I'm not friendly with, shoot them. Would hardly do to let good injuries go to waste.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2017, 11:15:25 pm »

"Killing those beasts might be worth it. They probably drop something good that we can-HEY, BE CAREFUL WITH THAT! I DON'T WANT TO SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST! I'm just gonna wait waaaay over here while you test that."

Stay away from Hagrow and behind cover while he tests his new loot. See if I can figure out everything my skates do.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2017, 09:14:43 am »

Just need ATHATH.

Edit: Right, gonna auto them soon if they don't have an action next time I check in.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:34:19 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2017, 09:08:51 pm »

Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 12
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2017, 02:09:46 pm »

Turn 12

In which: I warned you about negative loot! I told you dog!

Stay away from Hagrow and behind cover while he tests his new loot. See if I can figure out everything my skates do.
Get away from the guy who's using a probably-AOE piece of loot near me. Otherwise... hm. If he happens to hurt anyone I'm not friendly with, shoot them. Would hardly do to let good injuries go to waste.
Share IC info on the bosses with Beirus and Whisperling, then pick up the keytar. Test it with an A major scale, starting slow then uptempo.

Greeny Spd: 4+3+1=8
Grahm Spd: 2+3=5
Hagrow Spd: 2+2=4(This speed roll probably saved you three a lot of trouble.)
Hagrow Aff: 3+1=4(As did this Aff roll.)

Hagrow tells the rest of the deadly trio about the quartet of fantastic beasts the obelisk showed him, along with where to find them. The two find ample time to back away from him as he reaches for his keytar.

Greeny keeps rolling around on his skates, testing them out. He finds that if he focuses when he kicks, he can make them fire bolts of electricity, as well as holy spears. The attacks seem stronger if he uses one element at a time. Greeny takes off the ring afterward.

Grahm thinks he's safe where he is after Hagrow's explanation, and keeps a look out for anyone he might be able to attack. He doesn't see anybody.

With his allies prepared, Hagrow begins playing. With a flourish at the end of the song, a great cage of earth surrounds Hagrow on all sides! (This includes above him.) Hagrow stands in the center of the cage. At the same time, a pillar of earth and lava comes into being next to him! The earth takes shape into a large bear, which the lava covers. The newly created molten bear turns its head on Hagrow, and makes a move to attack!

Bear Dex: 2+3=5
Hagrow Spd: 5+2=7
Bear Aff: 3=3

The bear swings a molten claw, but the attack goes wide! Hagrow looks for an escape, but it doesn't look like he can fit through the bars of the cage. A small glob of lava falls off the bear, but it isn't an especially significant amount.

Take a shot at Rautherdir with my shotgun.
Hit Sparky with my ice Kama.

Rautherdir Spd: 5+2=7
Sparky Spd: 2+3=5
Reaperweed Spd: 1+3=4

Rautherdir Dex: 1+2=3
Sparky Spd: 3+3=6
Sparky Dex: 5+1=6
Rautherdir Spd: 6+2=8

Rautherdir swings his Ice Kama, but misses! Sparky retaliates with his shotgun, which fires a burst of arcane pellets. Rautherdir is close enoughto narrowly escape his cone of fire, avoiding the attack.

Reaperweed takes a small walk to the west, and looks on at the fight.

Turn around and shoot the battleaxe guy with the card currently selected.
Hit him again! Try to knock the bow out of his hands in the process if possible.

Brutus Spd: 6-2=4
Nobody Spd 1=1
Brutus Dex: 3+1=4
Nobody Spd: 1=1
Nobody End: 3=3
Nobody Dex: 4=4
Brutus Spd: 5-2=3
Nobody Str: 6=6
Brutus End: 2+2=4

As Brutus pulls back the bow, a concrete spear appears in his grasp. Brutus releases the shot and it hits Nobody directly in the right leg! The spear pierces straight through, and embeds into the forest floor. Despite somewhat being pinned down, Nobody takes another swing, which clips Brutus in the right arm, worsening his existing injuries there. The bleeding is starting to get to Brutus. 

Jones runs for the Hilltop cave.

Jones Spd: 4-2=2

Jones advances towards the cave, but doesn't have any way to cross the ravine currently. Does he think he might be able to go around?

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

You would not believe what this game has done to my phone's "learned words" list. Also please remember to bold your turns. It really does help me get these out. Also, I'm gonna be honest with you here. I vastly understated how monstrously overpowered the Hydra is. Even if everyone in game were to work in unison at the moment, it would probably win. Yes, even if Hagrow lugs his ridiculous cannon along for the ride.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:42:27 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2017, 02:13:44 pm »

Shoot him in the chest with the Fire card.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2017, 02:14:19 pm »

Nobody is silent as he rips the spear out of his leg and stabs Brutus in the chest with it.

((Death by a thousand cuts!))
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2017, 02:38:52 pm »

((I see many applications for this! Assuming I survive. About how thick are the bars?))

"Crap! Help!"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2017, 04:31:48 pm »

Jones goes due East, trying to circumvent the ravine.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2017, 05:26:12 pm »

"See, that is why I was waaaaaaaay over here."

Kick a holy spear at the magma bear. Also drain it if I can.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2017, 05:31:47 pm »

((I see many applications for this! Assuming I survive. About how thick are the bars?))

Thickness varies (and was largely decided by your aff roll) but they're generally about 6 inches thick. This might sound like a lot, but they're made of earth and not steel. This means they're less durable than you might expect. The strongest physical combatants(Brutus and Jones, also the bear) could potentially break them with brute force. The gaps between are no more than 3 inches, so a weapon could potentially fit through them.

I like your optimism by the way.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2017, 06:13:12 pm »

Spoiler: New Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2017, 08:43:33 pm »

Wield the keytar like an axe and defend while goading the bear to charge, with the goal of dodging and having it break the bars. If that fails shoot its damn face before it burnmauls me to death.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2017, 10:11:31 pm »

"Keep on shooting at Rautherdir"
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2017, 10:33:32 pm »

Hit Sparky with my Ice Kama, and try and steal the shotgun.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27