Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 40027 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 10
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2017, 09:37:31 am »

Um...

PM'D action

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2017, 09:58:42 am »

Head towards the swamp.
(Right Hand)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2017, 10:14:40 am »

Try to stab the pointy bit into him!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 15, 2017, 01:43:50 pm »

Fire at the gunner, if the cannon has that kind of range. If not... take a breather, stay close to the others.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2017, 02:40:34 pm »

Chase that gunner down and end them with the Ruby and ring.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2017, 12:39:18 pm »

Gonna give Whisperling a good chance to post. I'd hate to auto them all the time. They're the last one. I'll probably just have them use the slingshot if Sophie isn't dead or escaped when their turn rolls around.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2017, 01:25:30 pm »

Gonna give Whisperling a good chance to post. I'd hate to auto them all the time. They're the last one. I'll probably just have them use the slingshot if Sophie isn't dead or escaped when their turn rolls around.

Desk and slingshot, basically, yeah. Not a whole lot else to do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 11
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2017, 03:39:23 pm »

Turn 11

In which stuff occurs.

Chase that gunner down and end them with the Ruby and ring.
Fire at the gunner, if the cannon has that kind of range. If not... take a breather, stay close to the others.
Desk and slingshot, basically, yeah. Not a whole lot else to do.
Desperately crawl away, to the lake.

Greeny Spd: 6+3+1=10
Hagrow Spd: 6+2=8
Grahm Spd: 5+3=8
Sophie Spd: 3+1=4

Greeny Aff: 1+3=4
Sophie Aff: 6-2=4
Sophie End: 5-2=3
Greeny Aff: 6+3=9
Greeny Aff: 6+3=9
Sophie Str: 6-1=5
Sophie End: 6-4=2 (I rolled those four sixes simultaneously with separate dice. This is extremely silly.)
Greeny End: 3-3+5=5

Hagrow Dex: 5+1=6
Hagrow Aff: 3+1=4
(I'm not even going to bother showing Sophie's strength, speed, and end rolls here. This cannon is just... Well, you'll see. )

Greeny takes another lightning charged run towards Sophie, and raises his crystal while pointing with his ring once more. The crystal drains 2 more endurance, with Hagrow's ring keeping Sophie pinned down, with more bones cracking and bending by the second. Sophie barely holds on. Greeny starts to feel rather sick, and a headache sets in. His nifty footwear warns him about an absurdly deadly incoming attack, and he scoots out of the way quickly.

Hagrow wheels his cannon into position and fires! With a deafening BANG, a large steaming bomb flies out of the cannon's barrel! When the projectile arrives above Sophie's position it detonates, covering a large part of the terrain in lava! Needless to say, Sophie does not survive being buried by such a large amount of volcanic fluid.

Sophie is dead!

Hagrow Luk: -4-2-2-1=9

As the lava continues to flow over the plains and towards the lake that feeds the nearby river, a portal appears. Out of it comes a molten mass that slowly rises up and becomes a light looking but stylish keytar. There are flames running down the sides. Not real flames. They just look like paint, really.

Grahm is left with not much to do, and what's more the desk he loved so much vanishes into thin air. It's owner must have died. (Your team mates are totally kill blocking you man. I'm not sure what to say, other than try to appease my dice for the sake of improving your speed rolls.)

Hagrow's sickness has worn off. However, if he wants to use the cannon again, he'll gave to give it some of his blood.

Head towards the swamp.

Sparky Spd: 4+3=7

You cross the river towards the swamp. Before you enter however, you see a man emerge with a bandolier of grenades around his chest, and an icy farming tool in his right hand. His left leg is in a splint, but he seems to be walking well enough.

Run towards the obelisk!

Rautherdir Spd: 5+2=7
Snake Spd: 1+3=4

Rautherdir runs for it, their supply of explosives dwindling to seemingly little effect. In time, they escape the swamp. The snake doesn't seem to be following them anymore.

Upon their escape, they can see a massive pool of lava by the lake. Looks like that crystal guy and got a few new toys and made a few new friends. Nearby, on his side of the river is a man in running shorts holding a shotgun in his right hand. A couple gooey orbs float around him.

Try to stab the pointy bit into him!
Bear Hug. He can't swing it if I'm restraining his arms.

Nobody Spd: 5=5
Hugh Spd: 4=4
Brutus Spd: 1-2=-1

Nobody Dex: 6=6
Brutus Spd: 4-2=2
Nobody Str: 4=4
Brutus End: 2+2=4

Hugh Dex: 4-1-1(Heavy weapon)=2
Brutus Spd: 4-2=2

Brutus Dex: 3+1=4
Hugh Spd: 1=1
Brutus Str: 6+3=9
Hugh End: 4+2=6
Hugh End: 2+2=4

The two men were getting ready for another round of attacks, when suddenly a rather nondescript individual comes barreling out of the bushes with a battle axe raised. Before Brutus can react, he feels a large chunk of flesh get cleaved off his back! Hugh follows this up by trying to stab Brutus with his own scythe, but the man avoids the attack. Brutus responds by getting Hugh in a bear hug, locking their arms in place. Even beneath his armor, Hugh feels the pressure of Brutus's massive Strength. But in the end, the last thing he sees before he dies of blood loss is the whites of Brutus's eyes.

Hugh is dead!

Brutus Luk: 6+1+2=9

With Hugh's death, his humongous body collapses to the ground. The desk he gained so long ago disappears, along with his body and the armor upon it with him. A small portal appears over Brutus's hand, and out drops a curious looking bow that seems to be formed out of concrete and rebar. The bow has no quiver or arrows, but there are three slots on the bow with what seem to be cards in them. There appears to be a method of selecting a card for use in form of a sliding piece of metal. The leftmost card is a smooth grey the same color as his bow, and seems to be currently selected. The middle card depicts an image of flames. The third is pitch black. The bow's "string" lies in wait for his decision.

Brutus's foe holds a battleaxe that is radiating a seemingly unholy power.

Reaperweed spawns once more! (I'll be keeping track of your deaths by appending a number to your name. Partly because it amuses me, partly for bookkeeping reasons(It has to do with Loot somehow, that's all I'm gonna say on the matter). I'll probably do this for others who don't rename themselves on respawn as well.)

Reaperweed2 Luk: -5-1=-6

Reaperweed appears north of the great swamp, in between both the river and ravine. In their hand is a pin with a lightning bolt emblazoned on it like so.
Spoiler: Pin (click to show/hide)

Jones Andersmith has spawned!

Jones Luk: 6+2=8

Jones appears southeast of the swamp. Adorning his arms are a large pair of gauntlets with scythe like edges on the sided. Looks like he could attack pretty well with those. They look like they could pack quite the wallop as well. Jones can feel something from the area and his foes, but he isn't sure what.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

I'm actually kind of annoyed that my generator hasn't produced any head wear yet. I feel like I might have to adjust a few things internally...

Anyway, our wait list is officially empty. Huh. Also 9 player turns evidently take more than 12.5% longer than 8 player turns somehow. Wee!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 08:13:23 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2017, 03:51:11 pm »

Andersmith puts the gauntlets on his head and touts it like a piece of headwear to satisfy the GM.

Jones runs for the Hilltop cave.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2017, 03:57:21 pm »

Turn around and shoot the battleaxe guy with the card currently selected.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2017, 04:09:58 pm »

Hit him again! Try to knock the bow out of his hands in the process if possible.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2017, 04:19:49 pm »

"Ha! That was awesome. Alright, huddle up, the obelisk showed me stuff..."

Share IC info on the bosses with Beirus and Whisperling, then pick up the keytar. Test it with an A major scale, starting slow then uptempo.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2017, 08:52:55 pm »

Take a shot at Rautherdir with my shotgun.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2017, 09:49:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile