Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39980 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 7
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2017, 11:14:56 pm »

Smack him in the face with the handle.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 8
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2017, 02:55:55 am »

Turn 8

This turn shouldn't be nearly as rough, at least in theory.

Sophie Spd: 3+1=4

Walk to the lake, keeping my machine gun close at hand.

You do so by heading north. You can see a vast ravine to the east.

Rautherdir Spd: 6+2=8
Snake Spd: 2+3=5

Toss an Extra Bang down the snake's throat.

Rautherdir Dex: 4+2=6
Rautherdir Luk: 6+3=9
Snake Luk: 1-1=0
Snake Spd: 1+3=4
Snake End: 4+2=6
Snake End: 2+2=4

Rautherdir pulls the pin off a large grenade, and throws it towards the snakes head. Luckily, they did so just as the snake began to open its mouth, and the grenade sails inside. They cover their ears just to be safe, and an almost deafening *BANG* echoes across the entire map! The snake collapses to the ground stunned from the pressure wave and explosive fragments. It doesn't seem to be dead, but that must have hurt.

Hugh Spd: 4=4
Brutus Spd: 6-2=4

I Try to Wrestle him to the ground Where that scythe won't be so useful, because at the moment I'm lacking a leg to stand on in this fight.
Smack him in the face with the handle.

Hugh Str: 5+1=6
Brutus Spd: 2-2=0
Brutus End: 2+2=4
Brutus Str: 1+3-1(Pinned)=3
Brutus Dex: 4+1-1(Pinned)=4
Hugh End: 5+1=6
Hugh End(Bloodloss): 2+1=3

Hugh lunges at Brutus as hard as he can with his remaining leg, and topples him to the ground, forcing him to drop his scythe to the side. Hugh's attack doesn't do much damage, but he has Brutus pinned down! Brutus tries to smack his assailant in the face despite the loss of his weapon, but Hugh redirects the blow to his diamond scale mail, and all Brutus does is hurt his hand from the impact! Despite the tactical advantage Hugh holds, he's losing blood fast. He'll have to decide this battle quickly.

Grahm Spd: 4+3=7
Greeny Spd: 4+3=7
Hagrow Spd: 3+2=5
Johannes Spd: 6-2=4

Use the desk to blast this guy (Johannes) backwards.
Hand the pistol to Hagrow if he shoots it at Johannes. Drain Vitality from Johannes.
Go Shield Smash Graham. Deflect any water attacks with the shield.
"Yeah, okay, good poi- ha, just kidding. It ain't your loot."

Change of plan: equip ring, crush then shoot Johannes.

Grahm Aff: 1+2=3
Grahm Dex: 3+2=5
Johannes Spd: 4-2=2
Johannes End: 6+1=7

Beirus Aff: 5+3=8
Johannes Aff: 4-1=3
Johannes End: 5+1=6

Hagrow End(Resist ring): 2+1=3
Hagrow Aff(Prevent backfire): 5+1=6
Hagrow Aff: 1+1=2
Johannes Str: 1+2=3
Hagrow Dex: 6+1=7
Johannes Spd: 5-2=3
Johannes End: 4-1=3
Johannes Aff: 6-1=5
Johannes Spd: 4-2=2
Johannes Aff: 2-1=1

Grahm fires a small burst of water at Johannes, but he blocks the attack easily. The desk continues to treat Grahm's burnt hand. Greeny throws their pistol over to Hagrow, who catches it. Then, he drains a fair bit of vitality from Johannes. Hagrow puts their ring back on, and tries to activate it against Johannes. The gravity increases by such a small amount that Johannes easily ignores the added weight, and Hagrow follows up by a shot with the Fang Pistol. A fang from a saber tooth tiger strikes his left arm, tearing a massive hole directly through it. Johannes feels tired from the attack, but manages to stay awake. Hagrow notices the cut on their hand heal up, and their sickness doesn't advance much. Could this pistol be healing him? Johannes rushes to Grahm in retaliation, but can't reach him quite yet. Instead, he tries to toss a fireball at the man currently cloaked in water, but once more his shield refuses to function.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

I was actually kind of expecting someone to die this turn. What a pleasant surprise. By the way, I should probably ask what hand you lot generally keep your weapons in. This is especially relevant to Grahm, for obvious reasons. If you don't give an answer I'm just gonna assume you're using your right hand to hold stuff despite being functionally ambidextrous.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:10:35 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2017, 04:03:44 am »

I'll say that Sophie is right-handed.
Walk around the lake, to the strange structure in the middle.

Whoops, saw that the ravine was in the opposite direction.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:43:26 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2017, 06:23:00 am »

Right Handed, for no particular reason involving massive gaping holes in any other appendages.

Johannes finally turns Graham's skull into a concave object via his shield.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2017, 07:33:01 am »

Right handed.

Hit the snake's eye with the ice kama

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2017, 08:05:06 am »

((Left handed with the slingshot stuck to the right, I guess. I'll take "probably singed" over "has a thing permanently stuck to palm."))

Right Handed, for no particular reason involving massive gaping holes in any other appendages.

Use a blast of water and either a pillar or the ground to turn his head into a concave object. Slingshot too, if I can shoot both this turn.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2017, 08:19:03 am »

GO FOR THE EYES!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2017, 11:05:41 am »

Punch him in the head, then get him off me.

I'll say Brutus is right-handed
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2017, 11:46:17 am »

Right handed

Take the ring off and shoot Johannes once more, ideally in the leg or other relatively nonlethal area. Give Greeny the ring if he wants to use it.

"I like your gun! Wanna try my ring? It'll make you nauseous after a while, but it affects gravity. I have an idea for after we off this guy, if you're interested."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 7
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2017, 01:36:27 am »

That aside, glad you're continuing ATHATH. I assume Reaperweed is from roll to magic or am I wrong about that?
Nope. He's from here: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/darkness-redeemed-necromechanic-isg-quest.444535/

He was a reckless alchemist that created several WMD's and changed form numerous times. He was a mana spectre that poured breadbread (a fractal type of bread that was baked with magic) essence onto himself, turning into a plant with a piece of bread for a "flower" and giving him the name Breadweed. He was eventually torn apart by non-sapient scorpion-human hybrids, then had his remains scraped together, turned into essence, and inserted into a new body- a psychic brain in a jar. He then accidentally created a crystal that fed on psionic energy, which promptly started killing him. After all else failed, he prayed to his god (of death, vanity, and magic) for assistance. She removed the crystal, along with my connection to Breadweed, gave him some cool divine gear, and put him to work as a researcher in her divine realm. This "final form" was later dubbed "Reaperweed", and is still researching to this day. Assumedly, he eventually returned to the Breadweed form that he had spent the most time in life as once he acquired the means to do so.

And yes, that game is a suggestion game. It's sort of turned into a hybrid suggestion game/RPG now, though.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2017, 02:26:56 am »

"Worth a try."

Wear the ring on the opposite hand from the one I'm holding the ruby in. Drain Johannes with the Ruby and then crush him with gravity from the ring.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 9
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2017, 07:52:48 am »

Turn 9

Right handed.

Hit the snake's eye with the ice kama

Rautherdir Spd: 4+2=6
Snake Spd: 2+3=5

Rautherdir Dex: 3+2=5
Rautherdir Str: 6+1-3=4(Turns out a -3 to strength isn't great. This was the highest you could roll.)
Snake End: 4+2=6

Rautherdir swipes at the snake's eye with their Ice Kama! The snake couldn't move its body to react in time, but it did manage to close its eyelid. This apparently makes for a surprisingly durable shield, as the attack bounces off! Afterward the snake begins to reorient itself, and picks its head off the ground, baring its fangs. The beast's eyes begin to glow red more intensely.

I'll say that Sophie is right-handed.
Walk around the lake, to the strange structure in the middle.

Sophie Spd: 5+1=6
Sopihe Spd: 5+1=6

You continue to walk around the lake, and eventually make it to the other side. People are definitely fighting over by the structure.

GO FOR THE EYES!!!
Punch him in the head, then get him off me.

I'll say Brutus is right-handed

Hugh Spd: 5=5
Brutus Spd: 1-2=-1

Hugh Dex: 1-1=0(This attack could backfire)
Hugh Spd: 4-2=2(And it does)
Brutus Str: 2+3=5
Hugh End: 4+2=6

Brutus Dex: 6+1=7
Hugh Spd: 6=6
Brutus Str: 5+3=8
Hugh End: 1+2=3
Hugh End: 3+2=5

Hugh tries to gouge Brutus's eyes out, but Brutus bites at one of his fingers in response. It doesn't hurt much, but their toothy grip delays Hugh long enough for Brutus to take action by smashing their fist into Hugh's head. Hugh definitely feels it, and the blow to the head forces the armored man off of his body, allowing him to escape the pin. Hugh continues to bleed as the battle continues.

Right handed

Take the ring off and shoot Johannes once more, ideally in the leg or other relatively nonlethal area. Give Greeny the ring if he wants to use it.

"I like your gun! Wanna try my ring? It'll make you nauseous after a while, but it affects gravity. I have an idea for after we off this guy, if you're interested."

"Worth a try."

Wear the ring on the opposite hand from the one I'm holding the ruby in. Drain Johannes with the Ruby and then crush him with gravity from the ring.

Use a blast of water and either a pillar or the ground to turn his head into a concave object. Slingshot too, if I can shoot both this turn.

Hagrow Spd: 6+2=8
Greeny Spd: 5+3=8
Grahm Spd: 4+3=7
Johannes Spd: 2-3=-1

Hagrow Dex: 4+1=5
Johannes Spd: 3-3=0
Johannes End: 4-1=3
Johannes Aff: 5-1=4

Greeny Aff: 6+3=9
Johannes Aff: 2-1=1
Johannes End: 2-1=1
Greeny End: 3-3+5=5

Hagrow hands his ring to Greeny, who puts it on. He then takes a shot at Johannes's leg. A large fang embeds into Johannes's foot, pinning it to the ground. The liquid seeps into the wound and Johannes feels himself falling further into sleep.

Eventually, due to his injuries he can resist the call no longer, and succumbs to sleep. Further, he begins to dream. In the dream, he is standing before the same obelisk that he saw when he arrived here. It seems taller somehow, and he takes a better look at the base. But before he can discern what is there, all fades to black.

Greeny drains the last of his vitality, and Johannes internal structure collapses under his own weight, causing his end. Grahm is left with not much to do, his adversary being slain. The last of his burns are gone, but that hand is still going to be tender for awhile.

Johannes is dead!

Greeny Luk: 4+3+2=9

As Johannes's body begins to crumble away, a small portal appears. Out of it fall a pair of bright yellow roller-skates that seem to practically crackle in anticipation, and glow with a soothing yet unnatural light.

Nobody has spawned!

Nobody Luk: 3+1=4

Nobody appears in a rough area surrounded by a great many rocks. Yeah that's right Nobody! Forget I said anything about all of this. Nobody got a two handed Parashu that feels like pure evil either, so don't get ready to get hit with an axe or nothin'!

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist is our "unlucky" thirteenth combatant. Fallacy, just tell me your handedness and we can be off. Not that it'll matter too much, given your two handed weapon.

Edit: Ahahah forget the map for a second there.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:00:54 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 0/8
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2017, 08:17:10 am »

Spoiler: Brick Joke Time (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2017, 08:28:24 am »

Using the gun, fire at anyone around the structure I can hit.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2017, 09:14:29 am »

((That was the highest I can do? Wow. My plan is not going to work.))

Toss a Winter Assault down the snake's throat.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27