Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39909 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 4
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2017, 11:09:27 am »

Just need ATHATH and Yottawhat.

Edit: I just noticed I didn't have sports equipment in my generator. This has been corrected, and with a good loot roll you can now go full Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden.

Edit2: You know, I kind of regret this title. I feel like maybe people don't know this thread is a Looter's Delight game, and I'm probably getting so few waitlisters for that reason. Anyone just lurking and reading this thread? I couldn't resist the acronyms though. I guess we all have our vices.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:31:36 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »

Throw my shield like Captain America at Graham.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:00:29 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2017, 05:57:25 pm »

Play this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a6hFJjNkKk) on the piano.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:59:31 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 5
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2017, 07:34:50 pm »

Turn 5

Rautherdir Spd: 5+2=7
Reaperweed Spd: 4+3=7
Grahm Spd: 2+3=5
Greeny Spd: 2+3=5
Hagrow Spd: 2+2+1=5
Hugh Spd: 4=4
Johannes Spd: 4-1=3
Harvey Spd: 4-1=3

Sure are a lot of speed ties this time around. As an aside, we finally have our first team! I was wondering how long that might take, and here we are. (My guess was actually turn 5. I figured the initial chaos would be mostly gone by then and I was right, sort of.) I wonder what these sorts of games say about the human mind and condition... But enough talk, fighting time!

Try and put a splint on my leg. If any other player approaches toss a W.A. at them. If a hostile creature appears hit them with the Ice Kama.

Luk: 4+3+1=8
Dex: 6+2=8

You find yourself some sturdy materials, and a proper splint slowly comes together in your hands. Speaking of wildlife, nothing seems to be around. Come to think of it, even birdsong is absent. How eerie. Anyway your leg is set, so you can get moving again.

Play this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a6hFJjNkKk) on the piano.

(Interesting choice. Don't worry about lyrics too much though. Note that turns generally last a minute tops, so for any song you pick you generally won't be able to play the whole thing unless you reserve multiple turns for it.)

Reaperweed End: 4
Reaperweed Aff: 3+3=6
Reaperweed Aff: 2+3=5
Harvey Aff: 6=6 (Chose the nearest target.)
Harvey End: 4+1=5
Johannes Aff: 6-1=5
Johannes End: 3+2=5
Grahm Aff: 5+2=7

The piano's seat gives you a small acidic burn, so you stand up. Undaunted, you try to play anyway. Slowly but surely, the piano stops sizzling, and you are able to take a seat. As you continue to play Harvey feels some of his life drain from his body. This is true for all that can properly hear the song, save yourself. Johannes is slightly more drained, but Grahm resists the affect entirely. The piano glows slightly with stolen energy, and you continue to play your piece...

"Or... too far? Too far. A shame, though I'll be back for it later."

"Certainly. It seems that we have some useful tricks up our respective sleeves."

Just shoot Harvey, then, although do position myself to make a break for the desk if and when the time is right.
"Haha, you beat me to it. I was about to suggest the same thing. Hey slingshot guy, you seem helpful. You want in? We can wipe out this shield guy and then hunt down the others. Besides, the both of you look like you could use someone providing loot that doesn't try to kill you."

Drain Rautherdir again if I can, otherwise drain Harvey. Keep my distance from him still.
"Then it's settled! ...for now. Pig! Tough shit, huh?"

For future reference, "pointing menacingly" will now just be "crushing".

For now, wait for an opportunity to charge Harvey without being shot or drained, then bite their neck and slake my thirst! If they die first, or this goes horribly south, drink from the river.[/b

(Lot's of fighting goin' on here.)

Grahm Aff: 2+2=4
Grahm Dex: 3+2=5
Grahm End: 2-2=0
Harvey End: 5+1=6

Greeny Aff: 6+3=9
Harvey Aff: 5=5
Harvey End: 4+1=5

Hagrow Str: 3-2=1
Hagrow Dex: 6+1=7
Harvey End: 1-2=-1 (Uh, well then.)
Harvey End: 3-2=1 (WELL.)
Hagrow Aff: 4+1=5
Hagrow End: 5+1=6

Grahm is the first to act, and launches another shot at Harvey, who blocks it with his shield! Grahm's stick was evidently especially dry, as the whole of it ignites instantly and engulfs his hand in possibly the largest flame yet. Greeny sees an opening to drain Harvey, and does so, draining  the equivalent of a whopping 3 points of Endurance! The ruby is now glowing continuously, and seems to be near capacity. Greeny feels all of the weaknesses of his body fade away, and he is now filled with an innate hardiness. Hagrow follows that draining up by taking a bite out of Harvey's neck! A major artery opens, and Harvey quickly bleeds to death before the group's eyes. This slakes Hagrow's thirst, but his feeling of sickness continues to advance. His head begins to ache, and his urge to vomit increases. It isn't the blood that's causing this reaction... Hagrow removes his ring, and the feelings slowly begin to recede. It'll be awhile before he feels healthy again.

Harvey is Dead!

Hagrow Luk: -4-2-1=-7

Harvey's body collapses into a pool of blood, absorbing his shield. The ball of blood rises into the air and begins to expand. After a short while, a huge wooden cannon is released from the orb, and the blood disappears. The cannon looks like a 24 pounder! You could fit your whole arm down the barrel and not reach the end. Not that that would be advisable. It didn't come with ammunition, but there is an ominous red rune glowing on the back of it where cannonballs would normally be loaded...

"Eh... You Can take the Desk, I Don't see it being useful to me."
I Say before Running off to the South west looking Find someone else to Kill.

Hugh Spd: 4

You run to the southwest, and while you do see a group of three people, they also have a whopping huge cannon at their disposal. The numbers aren't exactly in your favor. Suddenly, you see something flash in the forest! Did something just appear there?

Sit at the desk and figure out what it does.

(I wish I understood why people were so fascinated with this desk. I guess I'll take it as a compliment if my loot is that interesting.)

Johannes Aff: 4=4

You feel a bit weak all of a sudden, but that's probably just the adrenaline wearing off. Seeing the office desk abandoned by it's owner you think one thing. Ah that's the stuff. You deserve a bit of R and R after that fight. After all, you're all burned and singed and you didn't even get anything out of it.

You sit down at the desk, and begin to feel the humidity of the world more clearly. Your magical connection to your shield seems to be slightly enhanced. A thin protective bubble of water forms around your chair, and some of it soothes your burns. Your weakness fades away too.

Experimentally, you jab a finger at one of the pillars, and it is blasted with a small burst of water from the air in front of you. Not quite as powerful as a fire hose, but still fairly potent(and probably more versatile.)

As you stand back up, the effects disperse, and all returns to normal. The pillar you struck glows for a moment in sync with the obelisk, and is restored to perfect condition.

Brutus has spawned!

Brutus Luk: 2+1=3

Brutus appears in the forest, and his waiver begins to take shape. After a few moment's, he is holding a huge scythe with a stainless steel head. The wood seems fairly sturdy as well, so they may be able to block with it effectively. It seems to have been proportioned for something taller and stronger than a human, but you can handle it well enough.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

S34N1C is back, hope they're paying close attention.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:57:17 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2017, 07:42:22 pm »

Johannes dashes over to Reaperweed and begins the shield smashery.

"It's like a healing point."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2017, 07:44:32 pm »

Hide in the swamp.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2017, 09:52:39 pm »

"Brutal. I need a minute... Think that'll break right away?"

Rest.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2017, 10:41:03 pm »

Does anyone here want to team with me? If so, send me a pm.

Pm'd action.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2017, 11:08:06 pm »

Begin running towards Hugh
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2017, 02:27:10 am »

Just tested a 20 luk piece of loot and was somewhat underwhelmed.

That's saying something for a car that can fly by controlling earth that essentially has several rocket launchers attached to it. Slightly downselling it here. It did have more effects of course, and it was definitely broken (probably enough to kill every current player, though not all at once), but it wasn't quite broken enough for my tastes.

I've made one little change that should make things much more interesting... Saying what would be spoilers though. :P 10+ Luk loot pieces should definitely be more terrifying now, not we've had any yet.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2017, 02:39:58 am »

((Sounds neat.))

"Probably, Hargrow. Or it'll catch on fire or explode or whatever negative loot does. Anyway, leave the piano man for now. He's not going anywhere unless he drags it with them. Just stay out of range while you catch your breath. Let's regroup for now."

Go west until I'm in line with the middle vertical row of obelisks and wait for the others to regroup with me. Drain anyone who attacks us, or drain anyone other than Grahm or Hargrow that gets in my range.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2017, 06:00:14 pm »

Just need crazyabe and whisperling.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »

To THE FOREST!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2017, 06:35:31 pm »

Rest but also follow Greeny

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2017, 02:57:28 pm »

((...Oops.))

Run to the desk, sit down, and make a big puddle of water to put out my hand. Wait to see if the thing heals my burns, then follow Greeney (dragging the desk behind me, if possible?).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27