Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39895 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 3
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2017, 11:34:58 pm »

Get between Harvey and Greeny, try and keep the former from properly aiming at the latter. And keep shooting (with the stick intermediary), of course.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2017, 03:28:26 pm »

Just need Yottawhat, though it'll probably be a little while before I update even if they post.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:31:19 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2017, 03:49:56 pm »

Crouch down and try to hide behind my shield. Maybe Greeny can't attack me without line of sight.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 4
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2017, 07:30:04 pm »

Turn 4

I'm sort of experimenting with perspective in this game. My writing skills are better than they used to be, but still rather iffy.

Grahm Spd: 5+3=8
Hagrow Spd: 2+3+1=6
Johannes Spd: 6-1=5
Greeny Spd: 1+3=4
Rautherdir Spd: 1+2=3
Osborn Spd: 4-2=2
Harvey Spd: 2-1=1
Hugh Spd: 2-1=1

Get between Harvey and Greeny, try and keep the former from properly aiming at the latter. And keep shooting (with the stick intermediary), of course.

Grahm Spd: 5+3=8
Grahm Dex: 2+2=4
Grahm Aff: 5+2=7
Grahm End: 5-2=3
Harvey Spd: 1-1+2(Defensive Stance)=2
Harvey End: 1+1+1(Defensive Stance)=3
Harvey End: 4+1+1(Defensive Stance)=6

Harvey seems content to hide behind his shield, so Grahm easily passes him by. While they do so, they fire off their slingshot, landing a direct hit! Harvey's entire lower body is engulfed in flame! When they smoke clear, Harvey is on the ground, but slowly returning to his feet. Grahm's fingers still get a fair bit of charring from the attack, but it is relatively limited.

Intensify the spell, then throw rocks and dirt, high, directly above Rautherdir.

Hagrow Aff: 1+1
Hagrow Str: 2-2=0
Hagrow End: 6+1=7
Hagrow End: 6+1=7

The spell fizzles out, and begins to affect Hagrow instead! They feel their arm twist a little, but damage is minimal. Eventually, they cancel the spell. However, they begin to feel sick...

Finish Osborn with a good smash of the shield. Sacrifice strength for speed; I must attack first.

Johannes Str: 4+2=6
Johannes Dex: 6-1=5
Johannes Aff: 3-1=2
Osborn Spd: 6-2=4
Osborn End: 5+3=8

Johannes quickly thrusts their shield at Osborn's head, but he blocks the attack with his arms, deflecting it away. Once again, the shield fails to fire.

Welp. Drain vitality from Rautherdir and run South to put distance between us, then circle around him towards the river from a distance. Try to keep distance from Harvey too.

Greeny Aff: 3+3=6
Rautherdir Aff: 5-2
Rautherdir End: 2-1
Greeny Spd: 1+3=4

Greeny's crystal glows brightly, and a large amount of energy leaves Rautherdir's body. Now that's the stuff! After that, they make their retreat to the south.

Crouch down and try to hide behind my shield. Maybe Greeny can't attack me without line of sight.

Harvey hides behind their shield, but notices just slightly too late that they are being attacked from behind! They maneuver their shield but fail, and a large fireball impacts their lower section. When they smoke clears, they get a good look at their attacker. Before them is a man with greying hair in rags carrying a bright red slingshot.

Roll away from the gravity field into the river. Float downstream inconspicuously.

Rautherdir Spd: 6+2

The gravity field releases Rautherdir, and they roll into the river. They slowly float downstream until they feel safe. When they exit the stream, they stand before a great swamp dense with vegetation. Seems like a good hiding spot.

"No."
Grab Mr. Mundus. Use him as a shield against shield guy by pulling him onto my flaming chest.
Now Kick him in the head, or jump on his head. either works. If I Kill him let the other guy get the loot.

Osborn Dex: 3-1
Osborn Str: 1+1
Hugh Spd: 3=3

Osborn is a bit too late to use a human shield against a proper shield, but he goes to grab Hugh anyway. Hugh is able to dodge his grasping hands, and tries to smash Osborn's head in with his foot.

Hugh Str: 4+1=5
Hugh Dex: 6-1=5
Osborn Spd: 5-2=3
Osborn End: 2+3=5

This final kick is enough to knock Osborn unconcious, but Hugh launches another one with his second foot.

Hugh Str: 5+1-1=5
Osborn End: 4+3=7 (This End roll wasn't going to do anything unless you rolled a 5 or higher before your bonus.)

This boot is planted much more firmly, and the impact dislodges enough gray matter for Osborn's body to cease working.

Osborn is dead! Reaperweed has spawned!

Hugh Luk: 2+3+1(Kill)+1(Armor)=7

Osborns and his sweater both burst into a much hotter flame that coalesces into a loot portal. The portal releases a large office desk that falls to the floor with a bang. It's still perfectly intact, and has a small chair attached to it. The air around the desk seems noticably humid.

Reaperweed Luk: -4-3=-7

Reaperweed spawns slightly to the west of the great obelisk. Next to them is a bright green piano. It seems to sizzle slightly, but the chair where a musician would sit beckons all the same.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

ATHATH, you're in. I'm going to have to scale this map down eventually...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:51:54 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2017, 07:35:20 pm »

Try and put a splint on my leg. If any other player approaches toss a W.A. at them. If a hostile creature appears hit them with the Ice Kama.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2017, 07:35:56 pm »

Sit at the desk and figure out what it does.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:18:43 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2017, 07:37:40 pm »

"Eh... You Can take the Desk, I Don't see it being useful to me."
I Say before Running off to the South west looking Find someone else to Kill.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 08:33:09 pm »

((Oh well. To the waitlist with me. Maybe I'll use what my mediocre coding skills can do in terms of a loot generator in the meantime.))

Spoiler: 2 (click to show/hide)
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2017, 09:05:32 pm »

"Gladly. Heh."

Sit down at the desk as I shoot at Harvey again. Try willing it to do... something in the general direction of the ground several meters away from me.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2017, 10:02:33 pm »

"Gladly. Heh."

Sit down at the desk as I shoot at Harvey again. Try willing it to do... something in the general direction of the ground several meters away from me.

The desk is over by Hugh and Johannes. You're not up close enough to sit at it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2017, 10:18:16 pm »

"I'm sure the desk is a trap that kills me if I sit in it. Oh well."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2017, 10:24:37 pm »

"Greeny! Our trinkets are powerful, but trinkets nonetheless. We'll surely be killed alone. Let's team up for a bit, shall we?"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2017, 10:54:59 pm »

"Haha, you beat me to it. I was about to suggest the same thing. Hey slingshot guy, you seem helpful. You want in? We can wipe out this shield guy and then hunt down the others. Besides, the both of you look like you could use someone providing loot that doesn't try to kill you."

Drain Rautherdir again if I can, otherwise drain Harvey. Keep my distance from him still.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2017, 11:56:01 pm »

"Or... too far? Too far. A shame, though I'll be back for it later."

"Certainly. It seems that we have some useful tricks up our respective sleeves."

Just shoot Harvey, then, although do position myself to make a break for the desk if and when the time is right.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2017, 12:06:28 am »

"Then it's settled! ...for now. Pig! Tough shit, huh?"

For future reference, "pointing menacingly" will now just be "crushing".

For now, wait for an opportunity to charge Harvey without being shot or drained, then bite their neck and slake my thirst! If they die first, or this goes horribly south, drink from the river.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27