Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39874 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2017, 06:47:17 pm »

Secret Action. PM'd

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2017, 07:10:08 pm »

Now that I'm dead, would it be alright if I asked you whether or not the BB gun would have actually done anything had it hit someone? Cause it seem to me like I got fucked on the loot.

The BB Gun could have opened an artery, or shot out someone's eye if you got a good enough roll. But yeah getting a 2 for loot doesn't do you much good. I'll sort of line things out as to what loot rolls generally mean.

0: You get nothing. Your waiver is gone.
1: Generally useless items. Your BB gun would have been a tiny water pistol, or perhaps a nerf gun instead for example. But hey, better than nothing right?
2: Barely usable stuff. BB guns, dull knifes, torn up leather jackets, garbage can lids, Etc
3: Generally usable quality. This stuff is probably good enough to kill someone or protect you from harm a bit. Swords, Revolvers, Proper shields, etc
4+: At this point effects start getting added, making things more interesting.

The same gradient is generally true for negative loot, to the point that a -3 isn't much different from a 3. At -4 Negative loot starts doing bad things to you, but these effects can often be resisted via stats(See Grahms stuck slingshot. A high enough strength roll may be able to remove it, though he might lose a bit of skin). The lower you get though, the more dangerous loot gets for yourself and others. Honestly the only major appeal to negative loot is that you get to have a stronger character to start with, meaning you might just be able to win a punch out or something via raw base stats. That extra chance for a kill might get you a good enough piece of loot to last you awhile.

Anyway you're in, though remember you're going to roll from -2 to 3, which probably won't help your loot problem much.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:25:01 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2017, 07:22:36 pm »

Decided to change the stats.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2017, 07:30:09 pm »

Harvey spins around in a circle and tosses his shield at Greeny.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2017, 08:37:12 pm »

I CHARGE SOMEONE AND PUMMEL THEM
((and to Think, my Best Stat was Luck!))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:39:13 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2017, 09:18:38 pm »

Wow, 7 out of 8 people. If Whisperling posts I could do two turns in one day. Then again, their apparent plan last turn was to head to the forest and search for good sticks. Still, I don't want to assume that's what they're doing this turn. People can always change their plans.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2017, 09:48:08 pm »

((Sorry about holding you guys up.))

Yeah, grab some sticks. Basically anything reasonably sturdy is probably enough to manipulate the slingshot, just fill the remainder of my pockets with them. Wouldn't do to run out when they inevitably turn into torches.

Run into slingshot range and shoot... let's say Harvey. Use a stick as an intermediary between my hand and the fire.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 3
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2017, 10:17:08 pm »

Turn 3

Wow, are we going to get through two turns in one day?

Grahm Spd: 4+3=7
Greeny Spd: 3+3=6
Hagrow Spd: 2+3+1=6
Osborn Spd: 5-2=3
Harvey Spd: 4-1=3
Rautherdir Spd: 1+2=3
Johannes Spd: 1-1=0
Hugh Spd: 1-1=0

Yeah, grab some sticks. Basically anything reasonably sturdy is probably enough to manipulate the slingshot, just fill the remainder of my pockets with them. Wouldn't do to run out when they inevitably turn into torches.

Run into slingshot range and shoot... let's say Harvey. Use a stick as an intermediary between my hand and the fire.

Spd: 3+3=6

You find a decent assortment of sticks, some of which should keep most of the fire from your hand. Having filled your pockets with the local rocks and sticks, you deem yourself ready for combat.

Grahm Dex: 1+2
Grahm Aff: 2+2
Harvey Spd: 5-1=4

You light a good sized stick on fire, and shoot it at Harvey as fast as you can before you fire reaches most of your hand. Evidently that fast shot wasn't great for accuracy, and the resulting fireball goes wide. The damage to your hand is relatively minimal, and should heal fairly quickly.

Keep draining vitality. Or see if the ruby can do something more deadly to my opponent. Keep tactically advancing in the opposite direction. And dodge things if I need to.

Greeny Aff: 6+3=9
Harvey Aff: 4=4
Harvey End: 6+2=8 (I'm actually kind of impressed that you keep getting good end rolls.)

The crystal seems to have just one job, but it does it very well. You drain another chunk of vitality out of Harvey and the crystal glows brighter still. You feel your own vitality truly start to rise.

Charge across the river at Rautherdir, pointing menacingly

Hagrow Spd: 5+2+1=8
Hagrow Aff: 4+1=5
Rautherdir Str: 2-3+1=0
Rautherdir End: 4-1=3

You charge through the river and point your ring finger at Rautherdir. Immediately, he drops to his the ground, unable to lift himself upward. You keep walking towards him, and your body starts to warm up.

Harvey spins around in a circle and tosses his shield at Greeny.

Harvey Str: 3-1=2
Harvey Dex: 5=5
Greeny Spd: 3+3=6

A fireball whizzes past you, but you stick with it and do your best imitation of Captain America. Unfortunately, your shield falls short by quite a ways. Greeny continues retreating, and you reclaim your shield.

Run towards Greeny and Harvey, tossing Surprise Package behind Greeny.

Rautherdir Str: 4-3+1=2
Rautherdir End: 1-1=0

You make your plan, but suddenly the gravity around you intensifies! You're barely able to push yourself up onto your butt, only to feel something in your left leg crack. That can't be good.

Osborn:
"I'll bet it's killing me or such."
Shove the shield to the side and tackle him! Provided that works, wrap the sweater around his head.
Johannes keeps bashing furiously, the shield spitting fire.
"Wanna hear my New Year's Resolution?"

Osborn Str: 3+1=4
Osborn Dex: 3-1=2
Johannes Spd: 4-1=3
Osborn End: 3+3=6
Osborn End: 3+3=6

Osborn tries to smack the shield out of his way, but Johannes blocks the attack handily, and Osborn loses grip on his sweater from the pain.

Johannes Str: 2+2=4
Johannes Dex: 5-1=4
Johannes Aff: 1-1=0
Osborn Spd: 6-2=4
Osborn End: 2+3=5
Osborn End: 1+3=4

Johannes is able to follow up by smashing his shield into Osborn's chest again! He doesn't get any fire out of it this time though, and Osborn absorbs most of the attack. The fire on his chest continues to spread, and Osborn starts to acumulate second degree burns on his upper body and arms. He's still concious and standing, but this battle is wearing on him.

I CHARGE SOMEONE AND PUMMEL THEM
((and to Think, my Best Stat was Luck!))

(Randomly picked between Osborn and Johannes)

Hugh Spd: 5=5
Hugh Str: 6+1=7
Hugh Dex: 6-1=5
Osborn Spd: 2-2=0
Osborn End: 2+3=5
Osborn End: 2+3=5 (A lot of these extra end rolls are for pain/conciousness/etc reasons.  Your sweater actually has the ability of "repeat" which meant that it burns things twice per turn. That explains the rest of them.)

You see a guy that's on fire, and decide to put on the hurt. After a quick dash over you pummel him with a right hook, knocking him to the floor. He's still not dead, but one good hit should finish things.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

I kinda feel bad for Osborn here, but the loot he got was the loot he got, and sometimes things just go this way in rtd. I'm really on a roll here, two turns wow. Don't know why I'm so impressed with myself about that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:02:22 pm by Person »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2017, 10:22:54 pm »

Secret Action. PM'd

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2017, 10:23:50 pm »

Now Kick him in the head, or jump on his head. either works.
and if I Kill him let the other guy get the loot.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:25:35 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2017, 10:26:40 pm »

Osborn:

"No."

Grab Mr. Mundus. Use him as a shield against shield guy by pulling him onto my flaming chest.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2017, 10:26:59 pm »

Finish Osborn with a good smash of the shield. Sacrifice strength for speed; I must attack first.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2017, 10:42:18 pm »

Name: Sophie Lou
Looks: Blond bikini babe, who found herself here during one of her sunbathing sessions.
Stats:
Strength: -
Endurance:
Dexterity: +
Speed: +
Affinity: --
Luck: ++
Loot Type: Positive.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2017, 10:47:28 pm »

Welp. Drain vitality from Rautherdir and run South to put distance between us, then circle around him towards the river from a distance. Try to keep distance from Harvey too.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:55:04 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2017, 11:00:42 pm »

Intensify the spell, then throw rocks and dirt, high, directly above Rautherdir.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27