Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Magitocracy of Aerowell IC  (Read 4915 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Magitocracy of Aerowell IC
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2017, 02:12:07 pm »

"If assisting these paladins would curry favor with them, then we should do it. I doubt that they would do any favors for us before we help them.

As for the rebellious nobles... I agree that we shoulx attempt to intimidate them with our magics. Those who continuee to resist after that should be put to the sword."

Jean picks up the scroll.

"Interesting. I'm sure I can use this at some point in the future."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2017, 03:22:20 pm »

A courier shows up to bring Victoria a report, and leaves just as quickly as he arrived. Victoria spends a moment reading the scroll, then speaks.

"Now that I have the big picture, I can tell that our more offensive group performed less disastrously than it seemed. To start from the beginning, I took some time to prepare my spells ahead of time, and showed up late to see Monsieur Merrick and nobody else already fighting looters and thugs. M. Merrick's rampage, the details of which I'm certain he'll tell us about, did in fact succeed in removing many threats, but led to him gaining quite a notoriety. Meanwhile, I performed damage control and it seems M. Merrick won't be put in chains just yet. I also made contact with some remnants of the royal army. A part of it now polices some of the more stable areas of the capital and rations out food."

"The common folk almost certainly have scars toward the royal army, but in my opinion the organized, well-trained soldiers are someones worth getting on our side. Holding the biggest stick might also help with the nobles."

"rumors of a half man half dragon"
"I suspect that refers to Monsieur Merrick."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 04:09:08 pm »

"I do not trust the paladins. I overheard them talking about a purification of witchcraft. The local priest they were speaking with seemed unhappy with their presence.

As far as I can determine, the remnants of the royal army are under the command of a noble coalition with blood claims to the throne - claims they are pursuing.

They aren't the only group trying to become king, but I learned nothing about other groups seeking the throne.

I did find several noble houses we may be able to work with, after a bit more convincing.

Finally, I heard of a dangerous gang on the outskirts of the city. We may be able to gain support by defeating them."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 04:13:38 pm »

"Finally, I heard of a dangerous gang on the outskirts of the city. We may be able to gain support by defeating them."
"I suspect that refers to Monsieur Merrick, again. It does deserve looking into, but if it looks like you're chasing shadows, you probably are."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 05:03:54 pm »

"I do not trust the paladins. I overheard them talking about a purification of witchcraft. The local priest they were speaking with seemed unhappy with their presence."
"Ah. Superstitious zealots, then. Not the sort of thing we want to encourage. I retract my suggestion that we enlist their aid."

"As far as I can determine, the remnants of the royal army are under the command of a noble coalition with blood claims to the throne - claims they are pursuing."
"This is most disturbing. We are ill-equipped to deal with even the remnants of an army. Unless we can lure them away from those mad enough to claim kinship with Lyrozan- we should investigate the loyalty of the soldiers, and convert them to our cause if possible. In the meantime, even though we will not be able to match their forces, we should raise soldiers of our own."
Long Live United Forenia!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 08:46:56 pm »

"I do not trust the paladins. I overheard them talking about a purification of witchcraft. The local priest they were speaking with seemed unhappy with their presence."
"Ah. Superstitious zealots, then. Not the sort of thing we want to encourage. I retract my suggestion that we enlist their aid."

"As far as I can determine, the remnants of the royal army are under the command of a noble coalition with blood claims to the throne - claims they are pursuing."
"This is most disturbing. We are ill-equipped to deal with even the remnants of an army. Unless we can lure them away from those mad enough to claim kinship with Lyrozan- we should investigate the loyalty of the soldiers, and convert them to our cause if possible. In the meantime, even though we will not be able to match their forces, we should raise soldiers of our own."

"The way I see it, if we approach these problems correctly we may be able to deal with both of them. We can still enlist their aid, by telling them that we have rumors that the noble coalition is conspiring with this man-dragon, or whatever it is they're hunting." Jean leans in with a sickly grin. "I believe we can pull it off, and there is nothing I love more than a problem that can solve itself."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2017, 08:51:51 pm »

"Enlisting the aid of these paladins seems unwise; as would fighting them directly. We should either let them be or send them against another foe."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 08:54:15 pm »

"Enlisting the aid of these paladins seems unwise; as would fighting them directly. We should either let them be or send them against another foe."

"But you see, that is precisely what I am suggesting! We sic these paladins against the rebellious nobles, and only one survives! My bet lies with the nobles, due to their large forces, but surely the paladins would be able to deal a substantial blow to their war efforts, yes?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 10:04:43 pm »

"rumors of a half man half dragon"
"I suspect that refers to Monsieur Merrick."
Apollo sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Naturally. I should have guessed that. Perhaps an explanation is in order, then, lest our wayward cousins waste our time and theirs concluding we are not to be trusted. One of us should talk with them more closely, both to investigate and placate."

"As for the rebellious nobles... I agree that we shoulx attempt to intimidate them with our magics. Those who continuee to resist after that should be put to the sword."
Apollo clears his throat. "That strikes me as both overly zealous and overly ambitious. I think a gentler hand is preferred, and in this case likely required, lest we end up facing a rather large group of enemies who didn't need to be such."

"The way I see it, if we approach these problems correctly we may be able to deal with both of them. We can still enlist their aid, by telling them that we have rumors that the noble coalition is conspiring with this man-dragon, or whatever it is they're hunting." Jean leans in with a sickly grin. "I believe we can pull it off, and there is nothing I love more than a problem that can solve itself."
"In addition to my aversion to outright lying, I'll point out that the rapid and complete destruction of one or both factions seems unlikely, and conflict between the two seems counterproductive. Trying to annihilate anyone powerful but yourself quickly transforms to the path of the tyrant, a path whose destination I feel we are all very intimately familiar with."

Apollo idly scribbled some notes to himself.

el Gralton -
de Miroir - Marbles, Offense
Merragius -
Cheerheart - Nobles
Harinus - Roses
Lionheart - Nobles
Merrick - Dragon
Sanguinis -
de Sevio-Coroņez -

"If I might inquire of the Lady de Sevio-Coroņez and the Lords Sanguinis and Merragius- what exactly did you two do in the previous weeks? We've yet to receive your reports.

On that note,"
he pauses a moment to glance at his literal notes again, "Our plan to divide between carrot and stick seems to have gone poorly. I suggest a more coherent or at least well-divided plan this time.

In my humble opinion, we have become distracted. Our first and for the most part only priority should be convincing whoever is necessary that we rule here now. We can decide who that is and focus our efforts there, or split up- more formally, this time- and pursue whichever of them interests each of our esteemed number."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2017, 11:12:20 pm »

"I am pursuing what the Merragi have always pursued: buisness. Surely it is not a surprise that my own skills lie not in diplomacy nor warfare, but in coin. While building up a government is certainly important, in the future we shall need  funds.

Or if you mean my studies..."
Jean grimaces. "Attempts at studying binding magic have resulted in an infestation of the fae in my home. I have no results so far.

And for your claims that I am being overly zealous... the best foe is a dead foe, for they are the only foe not able to stab you in the back when your guard is down. I will be blunt: if we must be zealous or tyrannical at first to survive, then zealous and tyrannical we must be."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:21:39 pm by DolosusDoleus »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2017, 12:53:36 am »

"If the army works for the nobles, then we only need the loyalty of one and the other will follow. A more diplomatic approach seems less risky to me. I say we go to the nobles and talk to them further, berate them for trying to be heirs of a Tyrant, maybe cut a few political throats. Failing that, threaten them with the Drake or cut a literal throat and they'll surely listen closely, but I'd rather not go there. Controlling the damage from the deaths of a few thugs was difficult enough."

"I will also talk to my contacts in the army and see why exactly they work for the nobles. Money? Power? Lingering loyalty to the Tyrant? Pure altruism? We don't know, so that is worth investigating."

"I wonder, has anyone made contact with the non-paladin clergy? With our divine mandate, I'm sure they'd join us in a second."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2017, 02:44:58 am »

Anna shrugged.

"I stuck with my plan and acted as a stick. Went and gathered info about the local notables and the criminal underworld. Tried a little bit of kidnapping too."

"I'll be honest, the info me and my men gathered is a wee bit redundant. Merrick is rampaging and nobles are leading. That said, I did manage to capture the capitol's kingpin. Currently my guest, in irons, of course. I believe he'll be useful later on although I'd bet the underworld is in a bit of chaos right about now. Oh and some drugs are really pricy cause of their rarity. Who knew."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2017, 07:00:23 pm »

"That said, I did manage to capture the capitol's kingpin. Currently my guest, in irons, of course. I believe he'll be useful later on although I'd bet the underworld is in a bit of chaos right about now. Oh and some drugs are really pricy cause of their rarity. Who knew."
"He should be very useful for any of us working against the gangs.

Someone may wish to make nice with the opposition nobles, or perhaps even the paladins. I don't see how we can succeed if we don't know what we're up against.

As for myself, I'll be trying to enlist the neutral nobles. My healing magic makes me a very desirable ally."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2017, 06:05:56 am »

Though not everyone has spoken yet, those who have remained silent seem inclined to let the rest do the debating. Hera shuffles her notes, and starts to wrap things up;

"I believe we have heard enough about the situation. As I see it, we have the following issues to deal with, which these people have volunteered to deal with;"

Convincing Neutral Nobles: Karl Cheerheart
'Convincing' Antagonistic Nobles: Victoria de Miroir
Converting Royal Army: Victoria de Miroir
Dealing with Paladins:
Dealing with Criminals: Bryn Merrick
Convincing the Peasants(?):

"That last item seems less urgent in light of the other issues. Besides, with control over nobility and the army, the people would have little choice but to accept our rule.
In addition to these things, the following things have been proposed, which have not yet been seconded;"

Raise an army of our own: Hera Harinus
Contact the clergy: Victoria de Miroir too busy

"I believe that contacting the clergy is a good idea, but fear that we may already have more on our plate than we can handle, so should perhaps leave it for another day."

"As my powers have little chance of convincing any hostile entities to join our cause, I myself would either join Karl in convincing the neutral nobles, or attempt once again to bring the common people to our side. Are there any other volunteers to deal with any of the other groups?"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:49:10 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2017, 06:28:45 am »

"Sadly, I don't have the time to get in contact with the clergy, myself, since the nobles and the army need more of my attention. I could send Monsieur Dugris to do it, but he could also help me with the more primary targets."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5