Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Magitocracy of Aerowell IC  (Read 4931 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magitocracy of Aerowell IC
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 12:07:02 pm »

"And as to a place where we meet, well I suggest that we continue to meet here. If our meeting place is to become a seat of power, it would best not to be in a place anyone controls. Also, staying in a ruined, blasted place like this would remind us and our successors that one should never remain comfortable in the seat of power."
"There are appearances that must be maintained, good sir. Squatting in ruins does not befit the lords and ladies of the land. If this land is to know peace, it must know that its new caretakers are benevolent, but also powerful."

"Besides, if we rule from here without changing things, it will give the wrong impression- that we have merely replaced the mad king, that there are now eight tyrants instead of one. I have some ideas for a new structure to serve as our seat of governance, but for now I fear we must make do with my castle, which can serve as a temporary place for us to hold council. Of course, as soon as an alternative is available we shall move our operations there. Perhaps we could discuss the matter of constructing our new... parliament at our inaugural council session?"
Long Live United Forenia!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 04:59:46 pm »

"How about we take a moment to reflect on what we've discussed thus far?"

"Madame de Sevio-Coroņez suggested we split up to those with benevolent and those with...less benevolent spells. That is a suitable course of action, thus I vote aye. I myself would belong to the second group, while Monsieur Dugris, my diplomat employee, would go with the first."

"Monsieur Lionheart suggested we form a militia from commoners. This is smart, as we cannot stabilize the country on our own, as much as we'd like to. I do not like all the future plans Lionheart has for them, but those can be debated once the crisis is over."

"Madame Harinus suggested we demonstrate our power to win over the common folk, but this requires more elaboration before it can be called a true plan, in my eyes."

"Madame Harinus suggested we take refuge in her château for the duration of this crisis and until we build a more suitable seat of government. Monsieur Merragius suggested we use these ruins instead. I take Harinus' side on this issue."

"Madame de Sevio-Coroņez suggested we show a lot of mercy in re-establishing justice to this land. I agree. Her further plans to take corpses for experimentation I don't particularly like, but I won't stop her if she does so."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 06:07:04 pm »

"Madame de Sevio-Coroņez suggested we split up to those with benevolent and those with...less benevolent spells. That is a suitable course of action, thus I vote aye. I myself would belong to the second group, while Monsieur Dugris, my diplomat employee, would go with the first."
"I can assent to this course of action. I shall join the carrot brigade, impressing the commoners with my magic."

"Monsieur Lionheart suggested we form a militia from commoners. This is smart, as we cannot stabilize the country on our own, as much as we'd like to. I do not like all the future plans Lionheart has for them, but those can be debated once the crisis is over."
"Handing power to a group of brigands would make us no better than the tyrant before us. We have better means of securing peace. I vote no. On both issues."

"Madame Harinus suggested we demonstrate our power to win over the common folk, but this requires more elaboration before it can be called a true plan, in my eyes."
"I merely meant that it should not be too hard to convince the people to follow us. After all, we have been blessed by the Angel. I will demonstrate my magic to impress this fact upon any doubters. If others wish to use other means to bring the common folk in line, I will not question their methods."

"Madame Harinus suggested we take refuge in her château for the duration of this crisis and until we build a more suitable seat of government. Monsieur Merragius suggested we use these ruins instead. I take Harinus' side on this issue."
"I would be delighted to welcome you all to Castle Harinus."

"Madame de Sevio-Coroņez suggested we show a lot of mercy in re-establishing justice to this land. I agree. Her further plans to take corpses for experimentation I don't particularly like, but I won't stop her if she does so."
"We must differentiate ourselves from the mad king, and showing mercy is one way of doing so. If that means a few looters receive less than they deserve, I suppose that will be acceptable for now. As for the taking of corpses, I have no personal objection, but I fear that the peasants will not look kindly on such actions, which we cannot afford during these early days."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 06:24:15 pm »

Bryn seems impatient with the length of the discussions, and quickly fires off his assent to most of the topics discussed, "Splitting up - good. Proposed it after all. Militia - that's fine. Win over the people, do what you want. Castle Harinus sounds like a fine place to stay. And mercy - do whatever you lot want, I don't plan on mass executing civilians. But we best get on with whatever course of action we choose or we'll lose the initiative." He was obviously bored of the idle bickering.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 06:58:23 pm »

Karl picks up a small rock, and scratches a circle into it as he speaks. "I agree with splitting up, winning over the people by demonstrating displays of magic, meeting at Castle Harinus, and showing mercy. I think forming a militia would be wise .. Yes, they may be able to distribute food for us, instead of raiding and looting trying to find food.
I disagree with claiming corpses."

He holds the rock up, which lifts off and zips around his head a few times, a magic line visible between his hand and the rock. It returns to his hand, and he grins widely at it for several minutes, paying little further attention to the discussion.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 09:22:27 pm »

"Hmmph. I support splitting up and forming a militia. For the rest, I am ambivalent."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2016, 09:41:08 pm »

"Clearly I agree."

"I'd rather not have a unified group of syphocants, if I'm all honest here. I'll agree to a ragtime militia but to confer upon them further accolades? Poppycock. I'd rather we make our own pools of yesmen and agents at a later point and as such disagree with this so-called 'People's Hand'."

"Not much to say about this simply agreeing."

"Yes, Harinus."

"Clearly I support these."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2016, 11:48:42 pm »

"I disapprove of splitting up, as I feel it may send mixed signals regarding our cohesion and intent. Should we split up regardless, my preference would be the carrot side, but my only short-term gift is opening gateways to the shallower layers of hell. Perhaps I could be the more lenient of our two judges regarding who should be allowed to remain in our fair city."

"I naturally approve of my own militia, though if others aren't so convinced I'd be happy to keep the idea for myself, especially in the long run."

"I approve of demonstrating our power, though as mentioned I'd rather avoid using mine save when necessary."

"I approve of staying at Castle Harinus. If there's any discontent over the venue, we can cycle through our various manors."

"I naturally and wholeheartedly support being merciful to our new subjects."

"I am undecided regarding the claiming of corpses, though I would point out that causing unease now for added power later should probably be avoided, so unless the dead are deemed necessary for securing things- a dire state, I would point out- you might want to wait."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 12:56:49 am »

"I do not care much about what we do; most of this will not affect my research of these fascinating powers."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 01:38:13 pm »

And so the council voted to split into two groups. One to dazzle the populace and assert the Council of Mages as the new ruling power. While the other was to pursue their less savory arts away from the eyes of the public and grow the strength of the council.

The council seems to be fairly split on the issue of a long term militia, but the idea of a temporary force to help reclaim the peace seems to be favorable to most members.

The castle Harinus has been selected as the temporary headquarters and meeting place of the Council of Mages.

The council has decided to be merciful to members of the old regime, but this is likely something that will have to be decided on a case by case basis.

It seems the council is mildly against the idea of claiming corpses at this moment. It seems that a general rule here would be to avoid collecting corpses unless necessary and do not get caught doing so. 

Please PM me your actions as well as any actions of your units. The duration of the results phase will be two weeks time. If you're going to attempt to take two actions (like spend a week researching and spend a week trying to get support from the population or collecting spell ingredients) make sure you state how long you want to spend on each.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:30:28 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2017, 01:18:44 am »

And so the mages met at  castle Harinus at the appointed time, two weeks from their last full meeting, to discuss how much progress they have made towards gaining the support of the population, any issues encountered, points of interest, courses of action for the next two weeks, and anything else any member feels pertinent.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2017, 03:03:40 am »

"Long story short, the nobles are receptive but unconvinced," Lionheart opened. "They'll need more persuasion, likely of the concrete sort, before they're willing to throw in with us.

In other news, it seems several paladins have been drawn to the city by our own benefactor, in an attempt to cleanse it of some great evil. This coincides with rumors of a half man half dragon, which the paladins would most appreciate assistance with. I may consider doing just that, but we'll have to see."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 05:53:29 am »

"Ah, paladins! I would far rather trust the safety of our nation to such chivalrous knights than a band of reformed bandits. We should recruit the paladins to serve as a police force, if possible."

"Meanwhile, the reticent nobles must be dealt with. Perhaps we could dangle the chance to share in our magical abilities in front of them? Not that we should, or even can so far as I know, but they don't need to know that. And in the unlikely event that some of them do show an aptitude for magic, it would only make sense to recruit them. On the other hand, we may want to give them the impression that we are like unto gods compared to them, and that they have no hope of rivalling us. In this case, it may be better for our more unsavoury colleagues to display their talents before them, to let them fear our power."

"In lighter news, I present to you the results of a little research I did in my spare time. In a gesture of goodwill, I have decided to share them with everyone."

Hera reaches under the table and presents a scroll. Sketches of magical circles and plants are interwoven in the neatly written text. Copies of the scroll are handed out;
Quote from: Scroll
Foxglove has a toxic effect upon the physique. When placed in a charged magical circle, it vaporizes, though the gas is contained within the circle.
Rose & Avens glow most endearingly when exposed to magical energy, and wilt quickly when magical energy is extracted. This suggests they may have potential as vessels for magical energy in some way.
Sage & Cedar have strong magical properties, but they do not resonate with mine own energy. Perhaps another may find their nature more in tune with their magics.
Toadflax is a most alarming substance, one whose nature must be kept secret. It reacts strongly in the presence of magic, but in an adverse way, destroying any magical circle into which it is placed and fizzling any spell cast upon it. In large quantities it may have even greater magic-dampening effects, and is therefore a threat to our power.
Other plants were tested and had no effects.
((I'm paraphrasing the results of my research- these are not Roboson's own words, and I may have misunderstood some details))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2017, 06:13:08 am »

Apollo raised an eyebrow.

"I could get behind putting a bit of teeth to our insistence that the nobility make a decision on us, but lying makes for a poor relationship.

I'm all in favor of free knights, but I suspect paladins won't need us if they have a more direct connection to our benefactor. You may try if you wish, but I think I'll spend my time recruiting bandits if it comes to that.

These results are curious indeed. I'll have to experiment a bit with roses when I get the chance."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2017, 07:08:03 am »

Victoria has a slingshot and a glass jar strapped to her belt. The jar is full of what look like marbles, but their faint glow betrays their magical nature.

"I have also done some research in my spare time, but I didn't have the time to get any concrete results. It may be possible to add some 'intelligence' to our spells themselves, but I will have to pursue this further before I can say for sure."

((Still waiting for the result PM for the more offensive group.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5