Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpile Bug  (Read 1114 times)

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Stockpile Bug
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:16:47 pm »

Ive recently came across a bug that has really been irritating

this started up after I began a new save and has so far affected every single new save since

My dwarves will not transfer food/drink items to food stockpiles. Ive even tried dumping the items and putting the dump site in the kitchen area and so far it has not been effective

My entire embark food/drink barrels have been sitting outside from where the wagon was ever since I started the new game

Even newly gathered food is just thrown outside by my herbalist rather than being transferred to the appropriate stockpile

all they have put in the food stockpile is a single empty barrel

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:20:18 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpile Bug
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:38:49 pm »

I'd have to see the save to verify... but...
1. is the haul food labor activated? 
2. check your (o)rders menu to verify you dwarves are set to gather food?
3. did you activate a burrow that is keeping them from moving the stuff?
4. did you check the stockpile and confirm it says take from anywhere (q then a)?
5. are you getting cancellation errors for putting stuff in a stockpile?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 05:59:48 pm »

I'd have to see the save to verify... but...
1. is the haul food labor activated? 
2. check your (o)rders menu to verify you dwarves are set to gather food?
3. did you activate a burrow that is keeping them from moving the stuff?
4. did you check the stockpile and confirm it says take from anywhere (q then a)?
5. are you getting cancellation errors for putting stuff in a stockpile?
You want a copy of my save?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/plxpt7l248h4cvg/region1.zip?dl=0
Here ya go

I havent gotten any cancellations for it
I have no burrows yet since im just a month in
the stockpile take and give has not been altered so it can take/give from anywhere
Food labor is activated

this has happened in newly generated worlds where none of this stuff is modified
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:03:28 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 08:03:01 am »

found it... and just wanted to say you have an awesome system if your running that map, normal with fps 100+ lols....

after much investigation the additional options at the bottom of the list were both turned off in the stockpile settings.  I don't usually mess with these, but that stockpile would not have taken anything without at least one additional option set, flipped both of them on and suddenly food started being hauled.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 08:29:50 am »

found it... and just wanted to say you have an awesome system if your running that map, normal with fps 100+ lols....

after much investigation the additional options at the bottom of the list were both turned off in the stockpile settings.  I don't usually mess with these, but that stockpile would not have taken anything without at least one additional option set, flipped both of them on and suddenly food started being hauled.

Alright how do I fix it, Like show me a screenshot of what you changed please

And thank you, I like having big maps to dick around on.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:31:54 am by Metaltooth »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 11:20:02 am »

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 11:36:06 am »

I feel like an idiot, however I am now an idiot that will not repeat said mistake

Thank you for the help

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 04:09:53 pm »

Well its a first for me too, so its going to be added to the list of possible reasons a stockpile wont stock, lol, your welcome.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group