Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 38: The Update Cometh!) Waitlist Open!  (Read 29305 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 21: Meanwhile in Canada) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #255 on: January 19, 2017, 09:20:55 pm »

"Sure."

Look around for a rope or chain or vine or anything Sayla could climb up with

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 19, 2017, 09:21:23 pm »

Juniper thinks for a minute.

"Well, if you want to stay near me for safety, then you're gonna have to move. I'm not stayin'!"

She then picks the child up and hurls him out of the treehouse (with little regard for his safety), before climbing down.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2017, 10:02:20 pm »

Juniper thinks for a minute.

"Well, if you want to stay near me for safety, then you're gonna have to move. I'm not stayin'!"

She then picks the child up and hurls him out of the treehouse (with little regard for his safety), before climbing down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:06:27 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2017, 04:46:14 am »

"HI. I. Want. A dagger. Because it's logical to have a backup weapon incase my two handed weapon breaks, or I LOSE AN ARM. SPEAKING OF WHICH, WHY DID YOU TURN MY ARM INTO A LEG!?" ((No offense ment to you Dolo, just acting how my character would logically act when he knows who gave him a leg for an arm.)) Break the fourth wall even more, if possible.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 22: Overcomplications) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2017, 08:40:13 pm »

Lyssha:

[wis: 6+1]

Well, there's a bucket with a rope attached to it here. What if you cut the rope in half, broke the bucket into shards, and tied the shards to the rope in intervals to create a new ladder? Surely this is the most straightforward method of getting Sayla out of the well.

Juniper:

[dex: 3+1]
[Child dex: 4]

As you reach down to grab the child, his eyes widen and he jumps back further into the treehouse. Shrugging your shoulders, you climb down the ladder and back into the storm.

Saevire:

[will: 3]

You try to make contact with the scruffy man again, but nothing happens. However, after seeing all the strange artifacts in that room, you instantly decide that he is the source of all of your woes.

Spoiler: GM NOTE (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:54:21 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2017, 09:16:52 pm »

Coolrune206, I swear to god you're going to give me a mental breakdown.
((I haven't even started the insanity.))

Juniper marches off in a completely random direction. Again.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2017, 09:35:36 pm »

Lyssha:

[wis: 6+1]

Well, there's a bucket with a rope attached to it here. What if you cut the rope in half, broke the bucket into shards, and tied the shards to the rope in intervals to create a new ladder? Surely this is the most straightforward method of getting Sayla out of the well.

((So that's what happens when you roll a 6 in wisdom.))

That idea could work, if Sayla's feet weren't flesh and could get cut up by the splintered wood. So, if you can't make a new ladder...

Swing the bucket on a rope around in the well trying to find the probably invisible old ladder.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2017, 04:29:18 am »

"HI. I. Want. A dagger. Because it's logical to have a backup weapon incase my two handed weapon breaks, or I LOSE AN ARM. SPEAKING OF WHICH, WHY DID YOU TURN MY ARM INTO A LEG!? Yes I know I've repeated myself, but I really want you to hear this!" ((I'm beginning to wish I put more into Will, it was funny when he went WHAT THE FUCK! xD)) Break the fourth wall even more, if possible.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:10:46 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2017, 07:42:29 am »

Grab the map and the list of names. Head back into the other room.

"Alright, you three legged freak. Come on, I found a map. We're going to investigate all of these buildings and get out of here." If Saevire doesn't come along without encouragement, give him gentle shoves to force him in front of me as we make our way over to the watchtower.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2017, 08:41:41 pm »

Juniper:

[wis: 3-1]

You wander around in the forest, aimlessly. You have absolutely no idea where you are whatsoever.

Lyssha:

[wis: 4+1+1 Intuition!]

You swing the bucket around the well for a little while, trying to make out where the ladder went. As you are doing this, you take a look inside the well, and see several slots running down the well, about the size and shape of ladder rungs. It would appear that somehow, the ladder has retracted into the well's walls.

Saevire:

[will: 5] goddammit

Once again, you attempt to pierce the veil between worlds.

BACK IN FOURTH-WALL LAND:

"I'm telling you Jim, this hooded freak popped out of my computer screen! No, I'm not high. No Jim, I haven't been drinking. Jim, listen to m..."

The computer screen fades again as the face once again peers through, screaming about weapons and arms or something like that.

"...Jim? I'm going to put you on facetime alright? It's happening again."

The scruffy man presses a few buttons on his phone as Saevire looks on, confused. However, just as he begins talking again, the portal closes and Saevire disappears.

"...yes Jim, I know there's nothing there. I'm just going to lie down for a while, okay?"

Gasozein:

First, you grab the map.

[+Map of Rutgar Lumber Mill!]

[str: 1+3]
[Saevire str: 3]

You get behind Saevire, who is staring into space screaming about arms and weapons or some other crap. You really don't care, so you just start pushing him out the door and towards the watchtower.

ATHATH (auto'd):

As you lie in the mud, doing nothing, a bear appears out of the forest and approaches you, curiously.

ALL:

It is now approximately 3:00 AM

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2017, 09:14:48 pm »

Juniper spins in a circle repeatedly to become even more lost, then marches in a straight line.

"Looo-ooost! So looo-ooost! And boo-ooored! Nothing to kiii-illl!"

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 23: Lost!) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2017, 09:51:51 pm »

whoops

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 23, 2017, 03:27:40 am »

"HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" Try to crash through the fourth wall so I can communicate with Mr Canada Man longer.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2017, 05:59:22 pm »

I'm tired and stung by corpse bees, so don't even bother asking what he's shrieking and waving his foot about. Keep pushing him to the watchtower, keeping an eye out for any survivors of this disaster.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2017, 07:32:36 pm »

Get down to where Sayla is to investigate what happened to the ladder.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27