Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 38: The Update Cometh!) Waitlist Open!  (Read 29286 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 34: Scream) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #360 on: February 25, 2017, 06:05:17 pm »

Juniper begins trying to punch the shadowy being.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 35: Vision) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #361 on: February 26, 2017, 05:40:40 pm »

Lyssha:

[Intuition: 6+1]

It would appear that this being is formed on shadows and pure pain, as shown through your experiences with it. The shadow is tall and gangly. The shadow has something to do with the bisected man. There are six letters in gangly. There are eight letters in bisected. Eight minus six is two. The shadow has two arms. You also have two arms. Arms are also limbs. You have four limbs. Wail has four letters. There are also four letters in the first four letters of shadow!

Is this just you, or are things starting to look a little bit suspicious? Hmmm....

Gasozein:

[str: 2+3]

Raising your sword up high, you pierce the shadow through the head. It twitches and flails for a second before it starts dissolving into dust and mist, and an image
appears before you.

Gasozein and Juniper:

The particles of shadow suspend in the air, creating the hazy forms of three individuals. One is draped in robes, another is the shaky form of a woman, and the third form is that of a small child, clutching onto the mother. Suddenly, a monstrous figure appears from the stairwell, clutching a huge sword in one hand.

The robed figure, looking at the monstrous figure, starts pushing the woman into the corner as his fingers begin to glow, mouth uttering. In a flash, the woman and child disappear as the monstrous figure cuts the robed figure in two with a single swipe of his sword, as the shadows fall to the ground and disappear.

Saevire, Lyssha, and Sayla:

You don't see anything. Go figure.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 06:00:08 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 34: Scream) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #362 on: February 26, 2017, 05:55:44 pm »

Juniper gasps loudly. She then runs away.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 27, 2017, 07:44:28 pm »

Did the monstrous figure dissipate into shadow, too?

Either way, do I recognize anything about the figure? Conveniently placed name tag? The sword looking like it could be what killed the guy with the head wound from earlier? What do the monster's feet look like?

Assuming it vanished, recoil briefly in horror from the apparition, and then approach the bisected man and see if he's still alive. Try to help assess the state of my companions, physical and psychological.

"Sweet God almighty, this isn't just a brutal mutiny. What the hell is going on here? What was that horrible fucking thing? Were those people ghosts?!"

Edit: Would I know a Jereshtrite if I saw one?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 08:22:55 pm by inaluct »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 27, 2017, 10:33:12 pm »

((Well, they have green skin so yeah. But if you're checking if one of the figures was Jereshtrite? The scene was painted in shadows, no colors at all.))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 28, 2017, 03:10:33 am »

Smash my head into the nearest player.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 28, 2017, 11:37:27 am »

Run after Juniper

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 02, 2017, 10:20:53 pm »

((Bump for S43N1C))

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 36: The Plot Thickens) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #368 on: March 05, 2017, 03:37:39 pm »

Juniper:

As you run down the stairs into the rain you notice the bisected man scowling at you, making a warding gesture with his hands.

Gasozein:

[wis: 2-2]

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, nope. You don't recognize anything in the shadow that you can recognize whatsoever. Cool looking sword though.

[wis: 6-2]
[Medicine: 4+1]

Looking at the party, it seems that Lyssha, Saevire, and Sayla weren't affected by the apparition at all. In fact, they don't appear to have noticed it at all. Medicinally speaking, Saevire seems to have suffered quite the concussion over there.

You interrogate the bisected man, who is bedraggled, but otherwise alive

"Ghosts? Don't be ridiculous! That was only a magical revenant, you see. They feed off of pain, off of suffering. That one fed off of my suffering.

I'll tell you about what happened, but you tell me one thing."

He points down the stairs that Juniper just ran down and scowls.

"What are you doing with such filth as a sorcerer? That girl right there is a crime against nature!"

Saevire:

[str: 1]

You beat your head against Gasozein, your head bouncing off of his armor.

I mean, what did you think would happen?

Lyssha:

You chase Juniper out of the tower and into the storm. You find her at the bottom of the stairs, and she looks as if she just saw a ghost.

Lyssha, Saevire, and Sayla:

You feel odd for a second, and then the feeling passes.

[The Wail effect has been dispelled!]

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 05, 2017, 03:48:28 pm »

Juniper pauses at the bottom of the stairs, then runs back up.

"I forgot what I was doing! What am I doing?"

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 05, 2017, 03:53:01 pm »

Keep smashing my face into Gasozein.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 06, 2017, 09:31:54 am »

"I was going to see the map."

Walk back into the cabin and look at that map that I completely bypassed last time.

((Which was described already))
Spoiler: Map Description (click to show/hide)
((Although Gasozein has it...))
Grab the map and the list of names. Head back into the other room.

((So Lyssha will be looking around that room for a map or anything else describing the area.))

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 08, 2017, 02:12:02 pm »

(Bump)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 08, 2017, 07:38:38 pm »

"A sorceror? I know little of such things, but I don't doubt it. I don't have the choice of my associates; we come from a prison ship anchored off shore. We are criminals and debtors, but I promise you that I am an honest man trying to make the best of a bad situation and untangle what exactly happened on this island. Any information you could offer would be an enormous help." Gasozein produces the map of the island and holds it in view near the bisected man.

"Is there anywhere we should look for more survivors, or where we might find something that can set all this right? Was that thing that attacked us also a magical revenant? Should I be concerned about the presence of a sorceror here? What should we do?" Gasozein pauses to hold out a gauntleted hand and deflect Saevire's face. "Please excuse my deformed comrade here. He is so out of his wits with terror that he cannot help but press his face into me for reassurance."

(I suppose it's a little late for me to start spouting platitudes about how we should stick together, but I really think our chances will improve if we do.)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 37: The Plot Becomes Viscous) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #374 on: March 11, 2017, 09:52:38 pm »

Juniper:

You run back up the stairs, and stand in the doorway. The bisected man glares at you, and spits a wad of phlegm in your direction.

"Filthy, filthy creature..."

Saevire:

[Gasozein dex: 5]

As you move in to thwack Gasozein, his hand moves out and snatches your head, holding your head in place as you thrash around like a headless chicken.

Lyssha:

[wis: 3+1]

As you sprint back to the cabin, you notice that the rain has significantly lessened to the point where you can see relatively clearly. You also notice a small, muddy trail leading to some unknown location within the trees.

Huh.

Gasozein:

"Yeah, yeah. While I'm certainly glad you've gotten rid of that revenant for me, I can't say that I know much about what's going on.

And I'm not sure how much I can trust you, considering the company you keep... but I'm pretty sure everyone else is dead 'cept for Movar, that bloke you saw cutting me in half. He wasn't a revenant by the way, but a revenant was what you just killed.

Anyway, I'll start off by telling you about sorcerers..."

Spoiler: Ye Olde Almanac (click to show/hide)

"But on the topic of the island...

All I know is that one of the loggers here, Kvan, was suspicious about the Jereshtrites and his daughter, Sunny. You see, Sunny's son, Ruby, was developing Jereshtrite features around the age of three, such as green skin and the like, and Kvan was looking for the truth of what had happened.

I don't know what was going on with Sunny and the Jereshtrites, but something Kvan did set off Movar, one of the Jereshtries, into a murderous rampage. I don't know what he did. Sunny and Ruby came here running away from Movar, and I teleported them away, using the pain of death as a vector for my magic.

But somehow I lived, and here I am. This was three years ago, and the revenant showed up not after, leeching off of my fear and driving me mad. Now that it's gone...

He shrugs his shoulders.

"Something happened. No wizard completely understands the revenant, or what it does to the mind. I would still appreciate it if you killed me, if you could find the way. I am a wizard with no magic, and only half of a man! What is there left for me but death?"

Sayla (Auto'd):

You stand there like a lemon, a thin line of drool dripping down your chin.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27