Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 38: The Update Cometh!) Waitlist Open!  (Read 29325 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 8: Stop Making Sense) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2017, 10:49:25 am »

He looks at him with his most serious face. "I'm telling the truth."
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2017, 10:58:19 am »

"Why ask him when we can divine?"

Use the Crystal Orb to see if it is a spirit possession UNLESS ATHATH does.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2017, 11:03:03 am »

"Why ask him when we can divine?"
Use the Crystal Orb to see if it is a spirit possession UNLESS ATHATH does.
((It is a spirit possesion. Also, to DolosusDoleus, if this is normal fantasy, spirit possesions shouldn't be so surprising when people can be raised from the dead.))
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2017, 11:17:17 am »

((I know, but Malthus, knowing Saevire's criminal history, thinks Saevire is bullshitting him.))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2017, 11:19:28 am »

((Also, shouldn't the crystal automatically have a success? Or will you roll anyway?))
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:30:02 am by TankKit »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 05, 2017, 11:42:03 am »

((Well... first this isn't a situation in which the orb would work. I mean, i'll still do it anyway but the crystal divines possible future paths, not the truth. Don't worry. Skullmining will only incur a will roll  upon you.))
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Dickson of the Trinity

• Bay Watcher
  • As you like that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 05, 2017, 01:57:48 pm »

As the sailors are about to arrive to the guild, they see no activity nearby, like if it was unpopulated. They enter, and see noone. The whole building is silent.
When reaching the prison, the door suddenly opens, revealing the jailor, who greets the group and invites them to enter.

"Aah, so you're here for that beast... and ain't kidding? Heh. Can't say I didn't warn ye, but if ye let her a grasp to any kind of sharp blade, she'll bleed ye out just like the rest. Slowly. Well, let's get 'er already, you have business that needs doin'."
"Sicreih's called. Bit shy, shady look. Outfit's as mysterious as the name, wearing a crocodile skin shirt n' trousers, but I wonder how she got a hold of that. Also got an albino skin, green, leafy eyes n' an aquamarine mane. And remember, no blades."

The jail door opens with a loud screech...

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 06:04:38 am by Dickson of the Trinity »
Wish I could do a 256d. That would be awesome.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2017, 06:56:55 pm »

Gasozein:

You roll ATHATH in the mud, making sure every last bit of flame is extinguished from his body. Now that the fire is gone, you see that he has been covered in some very nasty looking burns.

[ATHATH is no longer on fire!]

You shrug your shoulders and move to examining the body, which also has a large hole in its head.

[+ Bronze key]
[+ Rusted Knife]
[+ Book: "Teachings of the prophet Kadin"]

Juniper:

[dex: 5+1]

You tackle Malthus, who was in the process of casting another spell. He gasps in surprise, and you suddenly feel very cold.

[will: 3]

Your vision turns black as you can feel something coursing through your body, shifting like a seprent through your head.

Lyssha:

[wis: 4+1]

You see a great serpent coursing through Juniper, searching. Searching for the truth.

Saevire:

You grit your teeth, waiting for pain. But it never comes. You open your eyes, to just catch Juniper begin screaming.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2017, 07:02:36 pm »

Lyssha turns to the others. "Do not interrupt the spell. It would probably hurt Juniper more than if let to run it's course."

Prevent anyone from touching Malthus or Juniper.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2017, 07:27:09 pm »

Juniper gasps, feeling the cold biting through her. Her teeth set to a chatter.

"W-wow. You were r-really cold. Now I'm g-glad I gave you a h-hug...

... But this r-really hurts. P-please make it stop.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 9: Memories Can't Wait) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2017, 12:20:30 am »

((Sicreih Added! But you gotta chose a support item.

GM Note: I realized that I hadn't mentioned this earlier. All character inventories are updated in the Characters post at the start of the thread.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2017, 01:35:40 am »

ATHATH wakes up.

"AAAAAAAAAAA- oh. Thanks, guys. Can someone catch me up on what happened while I was unconscious?"

If I can use my orb to divine the past (or to see myself in the future divining what happened here with a fancy new Orb 2.0), determine what happened while I was out.

If I am caught up IC:

Use my crystal ball to divine the result of mage-guy using his mind-probe on possessed-dude.

Also, try imitating that spell that the wizard cast to freeze that guy that tried to kill me (use my orb to divine the past (again) if necessary) on Juniper, thus saving mage-guy without killing her.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:42:15 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2017, 02:31:48 am »

"...GODAMNIT JUNIPER, IF I'M CORRECT THEN HE JUST CAST A SERPENT OF TRUTH THINGYMEBOB, WHY DID YOU HUG HIM!?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (A RTD for Wealth and Glory! ...but not your own) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2017, 05:15:34 am »

"I guess confusing them works to make them stop crying. But I've found another problem.

I'm still confused.
"
((...urge to sig...rising...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2017, 10:31:24 am »

"Someone lit the building on fire and shoved you into it or something like that." Gasozein says, beginning to work on ATHATH's wounds. "I don't even know any more. Do you think we should separate those two?" He points to the magical shit show occuring now.

Use my Medicine and Improvisation skills to improvise bandages and treat ATHATH's severe burns.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27