Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 38: The Update Cometh!) Waitlist Open!  (Read 29330 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 6: Burning Down the House) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2017, 09:51:08 pm »

"Wait, wait! Malthus is right! This is a golden opportunity!" Gasozein says as he shakily gets up, brushing dirt off his armor. "Oh, people are going in anyway. Well, damn. Someone frisk that corpse, I'm going in too!" Gasozein rushes in after Lyssha and drags her and ATHATH out of the burning building. Or attempts to, at least.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2017, 11:49:19 pm »

"Oh shit!"

Sayla tries to catch Juniper before she hits the ground. Regardless of how successful she is, she will turn Juniper on her back and elevate her legs with a rock or something, and then begin trying to wake her. If someone tried to grab her shield, she would not try to stop them.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2017, 03:03:59 am »

Suddenly, Saevire falls to the ground, seemingly for no reason. When he gets up however, his eyes are full of malicous intent.
"IT'S TOTALLY TO GET YOU SOME ASHES, AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH"

PM'd
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

((So, I'm going to allow a PM'd action this one time, because I didn't say anything about it beforehand. But from this point forward there will be no actions hidden from other players unless I give you explicit permission, and a very good reason to do so. I feel that preventing possible reactions to one's actions sucks the fun out of a RTD.))

Lyssha:

[dex: 3+2]
[str: 6-1]

You dash into the burning house, grab ATHATH by the legs, and start dragging him outside, making it all the way to the doorframe.

Juniper:

[will: 6]

BURNING PUPPY CORPSES! BURNING PUPPY CORPSES EVERYWHERE! AAAAAAAAA- wait what?

[Juniper is no longer unconscious!]

Oh, what a horrible dream that was! Anyway, you're awake now.

Gasozein:

Well, Lyssha seems to be handling herself pretty well at the moment. You go over to the cabin entrance, just in case something happens.

Sayla:

Oh look, Juniper's awake! Hooray!

Saevire:

Find some way to trap the burning people in the building. If I can't, then just fight anyone who tries to get out back in.

[dex: 5-1]
[str: 3]

Saevire, his eyes flashing with sudden murderous rage, lunges towards the cabin and attempts to push Lyssha and ATHATH back inside!

[Lyssha str: 1-1]
[Lyssha dex: 1+2]

While Saevire's push is neither strong nor hard, it does catch Lyssha off guard! She stumbles, dropping ATHATH to the ground.

ATHATH (auto'd):

[end: 4-1]

It burns! It burns! The pain of being burned alive is so unreal, you just barely manage to avoid passing out!

[ATHATH is still on fire!]

Malthus:

"Um, Okay? Wait, what are you doing you idiot!"

[Malthus ?: ?+?]

The wizard's hands begin to glow with power, sparks of electricity crackling from his clenched fists as he begins to mouth the words of a spell.

"Virtus Scintilla, Potentia, Volo..."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:36:56 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Juniper looks almost unbothered by the fact that Saevire just pushed a woman holding an unconscious man into a burning building.

"Heeey, that's Latin! I know that! Would you like me to translate! Please let me translate! I want to translate!

I'm a good Juniper!
"

It seems she's recovered from being unconscious at least.

She then seems to notice ATHATH, and decides to readily drag him out.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lyssha gets up, eyes sparking. "Are you asking to die, spirit?"

Whack Saevire in the head with my staff.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!?"

Sayla grabs her shield and axe, preparing to defend herself.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"HAHAHAH-"*cough, cough, cough, choke, choke, choke*"Ha ha ha ha ha ah aaaah AAAAAAAAAAAAH!" "TAKE THAT YOU MOTHER FUCKING SPIRIT! I GOT CONTROL OF THE MOUTH! LYSSHA WATCH OUT, I... uuh, HE IS GOING TO TRY HIT YOU IN THE HEAD!"
Try to hit Lyssha in the head.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hit Saevire and move out of Malthus' way.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Mission 1, Turn 8: Stop Making Sense) Waitlist Open!
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2017, 07:33:01 pm »

Juniper:

[int: 3-1]

You think Malthus said, "big hugs required". Poor guy.

[dex: 5+1]
[str: 6+1]

You dash over to ATHATH, grab his legs, and start dashing back outside, caring not for the fact that when moving a body, one must drag, not jerk or tug.

[ATHATH end: 6-1]

Fortunately, ATHATH has the presence of mind to brace himself to your wild flailing, and avoids further injury.

Lyssha:

[dex 2+2]
[Attack! dex: 2+2]
[Saevire end: 3]

With your staff you deal a solid thwack to Saevire's head, sending him sprawling to the floor.

Sayla:

You ready your sword and shield, should Saevire choose to inch towards you.

[Sayla's shield has a chance to block weapons next turn!]

Saevire:

[end: 2]

You try to stand up, but your head throbs so badly that you collapse back to the ground.

Gasozein:

[Attack! str: 1+3]

Raising your greatsword high, you deal a mighty blow to Saevire, cleaving his arm clean off!

[Saevire will: 5]

But he doesn't pass out!

ATHATH:

[end: 1-1]

[ATHATH has passed out!]

The flames continue to engulf ATHATH, but the pouring rain helps a great deal to extinguish the flames.

[Flames will be extinguished naturally in 1 turn]

Malthus:

[Malthus ?: ?+?]

"Frigore"

Suddenly, Saevire stops moving. In fact, he seems suspended perfectly in space and time. The blood stops flowing from his severed arm, his chest stops moving with breath, and the only indication that he is still alive comes from the fact that his eyes dart around, uncomprehending this turn of events.

Malthus, brow furrowed and huffing from exertion, strides over to Saevire.

"You can speak, boy" he hisses. "I would be very, very careful in how you explain to me what just happened."

All:

Flames sprout from the cabin, as the entire inside becomes engulfed in flame. This fire is not going to go out with any amount of human intervention at this point.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:57:25 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2017, 07:47:16 pm »

I'd like to posit that for better or worse, the mystery of the frozen doors has been solved. If Alexander's famous solution to the problem of the Gordian Knot can be taken as an actual solution, so can this fiasco.

Gasozein rolls ATHATH in the mud to speed the dousing of the flames, and then goes over to the corpse he threw off the roof and searches it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2017, 07:56:08 pm »

Juniper hugs the magician, not understanding that he is pre-occupied.

((An endurance roll may have to ensue for the poor bastard))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2017, 08:21:29 pm »

((I will be honest. This has gone so far off the rails from what I had planned, it's almost comical. I'm loving every damn second of it.))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:23:42 pm by DolosusDoleus »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 05, 2017, 03:23:47 am »

"What happened, was I got re-taken over by the son of a bitch soul that keeps taking over my fucking body. Fucking ridiculous really. Although, I just discovered something. Do you know which hand I touched that staff with?" He looks at his severed arm. "That one. And, maybe it's just perfect timing, but I now have complete control over my body." He looks at Gasozein. "Thank you."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2017, 10:19:26 am »

"Sure. Evil spirits." Malthus's voice drips with contempt. "You are going to tell me the truth, or I will dig it out of your head myself. I guarantee that you will not enjoy it."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27