Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SG] Conquest  (Read 540 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[SG] Conquest
« on: December 28, 2016, 07:05:47 pm »

Conquest
~ A tale of Magistocracy ~

Two years ago, a portal was opened - spanning a bridge between the Blessed Realm, and the Demon World. While not the first gate of its kind, with both planes having invaded the other in times past, this one, was different. Not only was it the biggest of gates recorded, it was also built to last permanently, nor easily destroyed or sabotaged. Perfect, for an invasion.
Before long, some inhabitants of the demon world, had made their move.

What followed, was a plan allegedly centuries in the making. Within two years time, over a quarter million of people - most of them troops - passed through the gate. Their surprised opponents, embroiled in a devastating civil war of their own, and further weakened from the two years of draught that sparked it, were not their match.
After mere seven months of conquest, the Alliance of Light, has firmly placed its flag deep into the heartland of the demons. Any opposition, has been shattered. The war, is all but won.

Having enlisted in one of their armies as a young, but capable mage, has proven to be the right decision on your part. While the promised riches, proved to be far less in quantity than original hearsay would have suggested, even the common folk expected as much. Well, most of them, anyways. Even so, the war has been quite profitable for most - the alien materials, reagents and plants, while not inherently superior to those of the blessed realm, filling many niches, or opening up new possibilities. Together with the occupied demon lands, a golden age is about to dawn!

The same, could also be said about you - a certain exploit of yours during the campaign, sure to be remunerated today.

But before we get to that, do tell us about;

Your Name and Gender:
Your Race:
Your Magic Skills:
Your Background:

Spoiler: Your Magic of Choice (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Available Backgrounds (click to show/hide)

Well, I hope I made everything clear, or heavily implicated it. If there are any questions still, do ask away.
Have fun min-maxing, I guess?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Conquest
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 07:06:11 pm »

Reserved for misc use.
Because I can.

Well, a game of mine dying without a single turn. That's a first.

@Weirdsound - Let me thank you for your contribution, and apologize. Still, I've never advanced a turn without at least 2 posts of input - and even in those min cases, I was aware that I was obviously doing something wrong.

Which also seems to be the case now. So.. back to the drawing board, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:15:42 am by escaped lurker »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 10:23:39 am »

PTW
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 06:27:12 pm »

Name: Faucina Blackwind, Female
Your Race: Wood Elf
Magical Aptitudes:
3 Life Magic (4 Points)
1 Dark Magic (1 Point + 2 Points for Heresy)
1 Wind Magic (1 Point)

Background: Military Lineage. Faucina was born into the Night Daughters, a reclusive amazonian tribe of warrior wood elves that use advanced life magic to reproduce without men and trace their lineage back to those who got lost in the demon world and became Dark Elves. The Night Daughters are known to ride and train nocturnal beasts that are as stealthy as they are vicious, and they further conceal their approach through the heretical practice of Dark Magic. Night Daughter raids were feared and respected by those in the Blessed Realm as they occurred without warning and left few survivors.

Faucina was born the daughter of the Druid Queen's sister, a respectable enough birth, but one that was unlikely to lead to any major inheritance. A decent mage, but an awesome fighter, Faucina caught wind of the plan to invade the demon world, and with the blessing of her tribe left with a few friends to join the war effort and make her fortune. At first admired as a mere novelty, the first Night Daughters to fight alongside the forces of light in generations, Faucina and her friends quickly earned a reputation for ferocity, fearlessness, and tactical genius; The Night Daughters excelled at flanking the enemy with heavy cavalry undetected.

Following the War, Faucina remained in the Demon World in hopes of playing some sort of ambassador role; Hers was one of the few Wood Elf tribes not to shun the Dark Elves or hold any personal grudge against the demonic races, and her aunt, the Queen of the Night Daughters, wished to build alliances.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:29:52 pm by Weirdsound »