Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 27721 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Only you can prevent cave fires
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2017, 07:19:40 pm »

Asa draws in breath heavily, seemingly pondering the situation. After a few moments, he blinks, then again.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2017, 07:28:06 pm »

Asa draws in breath heavily, seemingly pondering the situation. After a few moments, he blinks, then again.

"... Wait, was that a 'No I don't understand', or 'No, I wish to be a burned husk of a man and probably die'?" One for former, two for latter."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2017, 07:35:33 pm »

Another two blinks, more hesitant than the last.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2017, 07:53:23 pm »

"Hm. Shame. Also suprising. In any case, I suppose this means you'll be traveling back with wounds exposed. Also, I'll be advocating you recieve a severe penalty on pay. Finally, you will not be traveling in the same group as me again. In essense, we'll carry you back to town but you're fired for incompetency."

Chronus shrugs and stands back up. "I thought it would be a good deal myself. You have a remarkably strong will, to persist in what must be a lot of pain. Alas it seems to be rather determined to make odd decisions. Oh well. I'm going to dump you outside. Don't worry, we'll be done before you can blink."

Dump Asa's charred almost corpse outside. Return and help with the fire.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:56:24 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2017, 10:56:26 pm »

Stevi stared at the charred man, keeping his goats reined in lest they started trying to have a taste of flesh. "I coulda give ya a quaff of mah healin' booze if ya pay up for the x-pendin'." he told Asa.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: A Heroic Firefight
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2017, 10:25:58 pm »

He focuses on breathing, trying not to black out due to the pain. He knows if he falls asleep, he will likely never awaken.
Pain is a constant as you struggle to move only to be met with a number of proposals from the mage, Chronus, followed by  an offer from the goat herder, Stevi, but seemingly ignore it. You feel the deals Chronus gives to be unsuitable and thus refuse them each time only to be dragged out of the cave before being unceremoniously dropped onto the ground. With a sigh you collapse onto the ground and stare up at the blue sky, truly a poor series of choices you've made...

"Hm. Shame. Also suprising. In any case, I suppose this means you'll be traveling back with wounds exposed. Also, I'll be advocating you recieve a severe penalty on pay. Finally, you will not be traveling in the same group as me again. In essense, we'll carry you back to town but you're fired for incompetency."

Chronus shrugs and stands back up. "I thought it would be a good deal myself. You have a remarkably strong will, to persist in what must be a lot of pain. Alas it seems to be rather determined to make odd decisions. Oh well. I'm going to dump you outside. Don't worry, we'll be done before you can blink."

Dump Asa's charred almost corpse outside. Return and help with the fire.
You dump the crippled and near death adventurer outside before scooping up some nearby dirt to take with you. It takes only a few minutes for you to return and join the fire fighting efforts, tossing dirt onto the fiercer flames and stomping on those places where its weakened.

Smith sees if he can get rock smash down while the fire fighting efforts continue.
While the others go about using typical methods of fire fighting you instead use your hammer to begin crushing the flames with brute force, each blow causing numerous cracks to spread out on the stone from your blow. Time seems to become a blur as you begin to once again feel that fighting spirit from before and to a much greater degree until suddenly a resounding cracking sound breaks you from the sensation. When you look at the ground where your last strike landed you find the rock shattered in the area around the hammer head and cracks spreading out several feet in every direction.

Learned Rock Smash!

"Oh, yah."

Stevi & the GoatsTM use a combined effort and a lot dirt to try and put the fire out to get the cores.
You set to work aiding the goats in bringing dirt from outside to quell the fire raging within, it takes dozens of trips and quite a lot of stamping on the part of your goats, but the fire is at last put out. At last you are left with the sight of a rather spacious chamber, though somewhat damaged from the battle that occurred.

When the fire is at last dead the group is able to make out a normal looking cave, outside of the mass of scorch marks and shattered areas on the floor, with two tunnels to proceed deeper. One tunnel stands off to the right though is the mass of dull, metallic brown seams running through the stone a few steps to the side, a sight that a few of you easily recognize as a deposit of native copper (and by a few I mean Galen Smith). Aside from that tunnel there is one almost directly across the chamber heading further into the cave network though, sadly, it has no such deposit as its brother.

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

GM Note: One small slime is roughly the size of one of those large exercise balls.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: A Heroic Firefight
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2017, 11:03:47 pm »

Asa tries to crawl over to a rock and secure himself in a more comfortable sitting position.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2017, 11:08:42 pm »

"Right. Let's do this smarter this time. Follow the light and prepare for more slimes. Jase, take the lead, Sevi, you and your goats follow him. Syv, take the middle, I'll be behind you, and Galen guard the rear."

Send the rat light down the copper tunnel. Herd everyone into the order described and go onwards. Attempt a Slime manual. if the copper tunnel dead ends, go down the main path.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 05:55:17 pm by Dermonster »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2017, 12:17:50 am »

Hey, syv, mind covering me while I mine this copper?

Mine mine mine, it's all mine. Use rock smash on the copper.

follow the rest of the group.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 05:31:10 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2017, 01:09:20 am »

"Great plan there, Chronus. Really makes me feel part of the group."

Loot some shit real quick.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2017, 01:13:06 am »

Listen there are a lot of spoilers and It is literally midnight im sorry D:

edited, you're right behind Jase

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2017, 01:22:44 am »

Listen there are a lot of spoilers and It is literally midnight im sorry D:

edited, you're right behind Jase
Y'all are loveable folks to be and play with ♥
((I suggest editing in that IC thing after what Egan said :P It sounds cool too if Chronus makes a mistake and goes 'oh oops' or how he does it))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2017, 01:24:39 am »

((I called you IC. No retcon allowed. :D))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2017, 01:34:54 am »

((Fiiiine))

"Oh, now you want to be told what to do? I'm sorry, it's just that after you flat ignored my request to put out the damn fire and stood there picking your nose for seven straight minutes I thought you had become a stalagmite."

Chronus jabs a thumb back at the goats.

"Get your ass with them. Support Jase when the light reveals something."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:39:26 am by Dermonster »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2017, 02:46:46 am »

"You can feel free not to boss me around, thanks. I just find it funny how blind you are. Must be the swooshy cloak."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18