Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 27758 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Don't Play With Fire, Adventurers
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2017, 03:09:54 pm »

Start trying to put the fire out with dirt, but don't stand in or dangerously close to the fire.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2017, 05:49:45 pm »

Help put the fire out.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: Only you can prevent cave fires
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2017, 10:19:44 pm »

Asa does not desire death! He immediately rolls over to Chronus, sensing he is the most likely to yield an immediate solution.

"OhgodI'monfirepleasehelpIdon'twant to dieeeee..."
You roll over to Chronus as you beg for help the entire time, quite literally feeling a constant searing pain all over you that somewhat lessens as you roll across the ground to the feet of the novice mage. As luck would have it, the act of rolling over to your comrade seems to have weakened the flames somewhat though you doubt they'll die out fast enough for you not to suffer from severe death syndrome.

Reduced time of Aflame status by one turn

Stevi couldn't figure why Asa had decided to drop on the floor and let the slimes batter him even further then set him on fire. Maybe he'd been a normal schlub like him before joining this "hero" business. Maybe Asa was a sheep shepherd, because those were invariably inferior to the goat shepherd master race.

"Shudn't have napp'd whil fightin', yeah?" he pointed out. "Mah precious farm goat could do the trick, but only if I git paid for 'da-ma-geez'."

Stevi & the GoatsTM use a combined effort and a lot dirt to try and put Asa out. If putting him out doesn't work, offer a farm goat for the pact.
You lead your goat followers in using dirt to douse the flames currently killing your companion, the soothing(?) sounds of your nose flute inspiring your goats to walk over and kick some dirt, gravel, and other loose bits of debris onto the dying Asa. After a few kicks the fire is finally out though your companion is now a mass of severely burnt flesh with what little skin that remains being heavily bruised. Shaking your head, you turn your attention to the group of people proceeding to try and douse the fire within.

"Right, now that we aren't in imminent danger of fire, who want's to be a live health sack for this idiot? It will hurt, but she'll live while we get the fire off. Jase, go see about putting out the rest of the flames. I suggest dirt, water would just make it flare up."

Make a wild pact between a volunteer and Asa so Asa is not further harmed. Success or no, attempt to put out the fire with rags. Then make with the healing.
Seeing the fire on Asa being doused you take a moment to do a quick medical check up and determine that you'd need to use your health poultices to help restore him to somewhat combat worthy shape, but for the moment his life isn't at risk anymore. You leave the horribly marred adventurer alone before heading over to watch the pool of flames being battered by your comrades.

Start trying to put the fire out with dirt, but don't stand in or dangerously close to the fire.
Sigh, and assist with the firefighting efforts.
Help put the fire out.
The three of you group up and set about gathering dirt from outside the tunnel, an act made necessary by the fact that most of the dirt previously in the tunnel now adorns Asa Giles. Thanks to the fact that you have to carry the dirt back in handfuls your trio only manages to put out another twenty percent of the flames after almost fifteen minutes of constant labor.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Only you can prevent cave fires
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2017, 10:45:05 pm »

Asa breathes in and out heavily, wheezing. He seems to be in little condition to speak, let alone move. The only things he can do are breath, and think.

I still remember the old stories my mother used to tell me. A heroic adventurer would spurn logic and planning and win an outmatched fight through the power of sheer determination. He would be famous and loved. Such tales inspired me to resign and join this band.

Looks like I'm just a fool; and now, a liability. I wonder whether they'll leave me here to die. I may in fact deserve that.

He focuses on breathing, trying not to black out due to the pain. He knows if he falls asleep, he will likely never awaken.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2017, 10:55:09 pm »

Chronus kneels down next to Asa and starts talking, quietly.

"Hm. Seems you won't be dying today after all. Or maybe you will, you're looking rather unwell there. Now, I could heal you and bring you back from the brink, but it seems to me you've been remarkably useless in this venture. Not only did you fail to listen to my warnings, you actively endangered those around you. I'm not very fond of that. I'm also not fond of investments that won't pay out. I've already spent resources on you, and I abhor the fact that you will likely recieve payment for your performance. So, here's the deal. I will cast a spell on you. You will accept the terms of the spell. In exchange, I will heal you again, and you can continue to do whatever you like.

Chronus shrugs.

"Or decline and possibly die on the way back. Shock, infection, take your pick. So, deal? Blink once for yes, twice for no."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2017, 11:01:08 pm »

Elizabeth also walks over to examine Asa's pathetic form, ignoring Derm.
"Hey, don't worry. You... probably won't bleed to death? And when we're done here I'll drag you back to the fort to get you some help. I know a guy."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 28, 2017, 11:49:02 pm »

Asa blinks three times, his eyes narrowing.

He hasn't told me the conditions, I've noticed...
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2017, 11:54:15 pm »

"I reckon he could use sum o' our healin' booze, I guess." Stevi commented, checking on Asa's very burnt body. "Meybe a sip from our stuff, then he owes us." he continued, orienting his goats to stop adding more dirt to the amount already covering Asa.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2017, 12:12:17 am »

"... Shouldn't all of you be trying to loot the slime cores we need to get paid with? They're still buried under a lot of fire."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 12:15:30 am by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2017, 01:54:08 am »

Smith sees if he can get rock smash down while the fire fighting efforts continue.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2017, 09:51:38 am »

"Oh, yah."

Stevi & the GoatsTM use a combined effort and a lot dirt to try and put the fire out to get the cores.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2017, 06:37:14 pm »

Keep throwing dirt on the fire from a safe distance. Try to put out the area around the cores first.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2017, 06:45:10 pm »

Assuming everyone has fucked off to dead with the fire,  Chronus returns to the matter at hand.

"Three? Still confused? You're awfully picky for someone who's dying. If you must know, my spell would simply enter you into a... bodyguard position, of sorts. As long as I am safe, nothing more will come of it. That is all you need to know. I heal you, you repay me by being less idiotic and prevent harm from falling upon me. Am I understood? Once for yes. Twice for no."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18