Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 27754 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Flaming Ninja Slime Corpses
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2017, 11:08:48 pm »

Party vs. Eight Small Slimes, Round Two

Continue the slime killing, but with my longsword one handed this time while keeping my shield up. Target slime 3 or slime 5. Keep an eye on the ceiling too so none drop down on me. Lead the slimes away from the flaming pool. Make sure not to get hit by Chronus' spell or my teammates' attacks.
You take a moment to stow your spear, dousing the flame in the process, before drawing your longsword and slashing down on the nearest slime in a single motion. Your sword cuts the slime into two parts with ease leaving behind a puddle with a core inside that also lights on fire as it makes contact with the pool of flames within. With that dead you take a few steps back trying to create some distance from the flaming pool, but the recently slain slime just makes it similar to the last time.

Quote from: Farm Goat 1
Stay near Stevi
Due to an inability to get past the press of bodies ahead a farm goat stands loyally near stevi’s side as it watches the battle unfold.

Quote from: Slime 5
Continuing assaulting Syv
As Jase retreats he is promptly followed by a shaking blob seemingly hellbent on attacking the monsters committing slime genocide. It attacks with great fury, but alas its aim is poor and it misses the acolyte by a good distance.

Retreat a bit further, hopefully along with the other team members, so that we're not slaying slimes next to fire.  If my team does come with me, stab twice with the shortsword.  Otherwise, swap to twohanding my naginata and attack twice while staying back behind my lemming teammates, assuming using reach to stay behind allies while attacking actually confers some sort of benefit.
Falling back with Jase is a simple task which does nothing to impede the two stabs you lash out towards one of the slimes. Amazingly it takes, but two blows to cause your foe to collapse into a pile of near useless gel which thankfully collapses in a fashion that is away from the rather large pool of flames nearby.

"I... Highly... Believe... Unicorns... That this... Kittens... Plan was... Juniper berries... Perfect.

Goodnight..."

Asa decides that sleep is the best option.
As the others start to fallback you decide to collapse onto the ground and stay there, even as the others step to the side or behind you leaving you open to the slimes in front.

Quote from: Mountain Goat
ATTACK THE SWORN FOE, DEATH TO THE ENEMY!
The mountain goat bleats loudly into the cave before smashing its hoof down onto the body of a slime causing its gel to explode outwards in a light blue shower of creature gore. Shortly after it strikes a heroic pose as it says to the group,

“Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.”

fall back from the raging fire along with syv and jase. Take a swing at any slimes that come near
You step back with the others and ready your hammer in case any slimes approach, but thankfully(?) they find themselves preoccupied with the apparently sleeping figure of Asa Giles.

Quote from: Slime 6
Attack the sleeping one.
Seeing the sleeping and weak target a slime begins to beat the passed out human with its slime tendril across the beings face.

Don't get caught by the fire. Don't let any goats get caught by the fire. Knock any enemy that comes into range. If that doesn't happen, try to provide the goats with extra fighting spirit by playing an exciting nose-flute tune.
You play a short tune upon your nose flute hoping to inspire your goat companions as you retreat with the group, but sadly find they do not quite appreciate the wonderous tune you’ve played.

Holster crossy, throw axe for great justice.
Stowing the crossbow, you proceed to pull a throwing axe from your belt and chuck it at the nearest slime with a fair amount of force. Sadly, the axe only manages to shave off a thin layer of gel before sliding away into the cave.

Quote from: Farm Goat 2
Continue to guard Stevi.
Perhaps do the rather poor tune Stevi played, the second goat stands grumpily next to the goat herder as it glares at the rather chaotic fight in front of it.

Head further in. Withering blast some damn slimes once they get away from the fire.

You cast Withering Blast with ease, but the spell goes wide at the last second and slams into the center of the flaming slime corpses causing a fair sized swath to extinguish.

Quote from: Slime 4
Kill the sleeping one dammit! Death to the ugly beings.
Another slime joins its companion currently beating the sleeping adventurer lying alone in the center of the cave. Its tendril slams into the beings head repeatedly causing what is likely a minor concussion if they didn’t have one before.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Small Slime 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 8 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:32:03 pm by adwarf »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Flaming Ninja Slime Corpses
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2017, 11:14:22 pm »

break formation and distract the two slime attacking Giles, namely by hitting slime 4 with a hammer.

Hey Syv, help me grab the narcoleptic.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:25:24 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2017, 11:15:53 pm »

"Now we might have a way to extinguish the fire, if Chronus has the mana for it. Fantastic."

Go slash slime 5, preferably before it kills Asa. Try to do so in a way that doesn't lead to the fire spreading. Stay out of the way of Chronus' spell.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:01:38 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2017, 11:44:36 pm »

"First my patient goes and falls unconcious in an active battle zone and now I'm reduced to a fire extiguisher. Yeah. Fantastic."

Withering blast. Stop the damn fire. I'm getting paid, damn it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2017, 11:51:45 pm »

"Aww. At least I got that one on sale, hehehe."

Run up and hit both alive slimes with my sword. Don't get hit by Chronus' spell. (Hold my action until after he moves. If it causes an area denial effect, pass my turn.)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2017, 06:13:01 am »

Asa wakes up. Asa continues fleeing.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2017, 08:56:04 am »

"Good job!" Stevi commemorated his mountain goat's success and prepared to enter combat if necessary.

Stevi and goats smack anything that gets too close and steer away from magic attacks or/and fire.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: Don't Play With Fire, Adventurers
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2017, 10:40:28 pm »

Party vs. Eight Small Slimes, Round Three

Go slash slime 5, preferably before it kills Asa. Try to do so in a way that doesn't lead to the fire spreading. Stay out of the way of Chronus' spell.
Charging forward you quickly close the gap between you and the slime attacking Asa before bringing your longsword slamming down onto its gelatinous body. The force of the blow causes the slime to collapse into a rather large puddle which falls upon Asa and the still flaming gel pool nearby causing the downed adventurer to go up in flames.

Quote from: Farm Goat 1
Baaaaaahd Flames, Baaaaaaahd
Despite the goat’s earlier courage the growing pool of flames have at last instilled some measure of fear in it as it begins to retreat up the tunnel to distance itself from the flames. Thankfully it stops not to far away, reluctant to leave its short-time master.

Charge over to Asa, and take out the slimes attacking him if they're not already dead.  If they're killed by the time I get there, drag him back away from the flames.
Grabbing the opportunity to slay the last foe you charge forward and slash at the final, injured slime with rather great precision as you carve off a solid third of the creature before it suddenly collapses into a puddle. Much to your dismay, this collapsing slime touches the flaming body of your companion and also bursts into flames once again filling the slime den entrance with a rather unpleasant door mat.

~COMBAT ENDS~

As the battle draws to a close your party finds themselves in a rather poor situation with one party member currently rolling in the center of the tunnel covered in burning slime gel, the way forward blocked by a rather large body of flames that takes up the majority of the tunnel, and a rather severe lack of fire extinguishing methods. Seemingly ignoring the battle around him Chronus takes a step forward and waves his staff forward causing a ball of black light to form at the tip before launching forward to slam into the flames with a rather satisfying whoosh. In moments another patch of flames the size of a small boulder has been put out leaving maybe eighty percent of the flames still burning.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Small Slime 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 8 (click to show/hide)

GM Note: With how short this turn ended up being I will be immediately starting work on the next one as soon as I get all actions in, and will try to get the next turn out within a day of me getting everyone's choices in.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:57:24 pm by adwarf »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2017, 10:49:13 pm »

Asa does not desire death! He immediately rolls over to Chronus, sensing he is the most likely to yield an immediate solution.

"OhgodI'monfirepleasehelpIdon'twant to dieeeee..."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2017, 10:50:38 pm »

inb4 retcon
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2017, 10:53:15 pm »

"Yeah mate, might want to do something about that fire that you're on. Just saying."

Do nothing. Hey, I don't want to get burned!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »

"Right, now that we aren't in imminent danger of fire, who want's to be a live health sack for this idiot? It will hurt, but she'll live while we get the fire off. Jase, go see about putting out the rest of the flames. I suggest dirt, water would just make it flare up."

Make a wild pact between a volunteer and Asa so Asa is not further harmed. Success or no, attempt to put out the fire with rags. Then make with the healing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:24:04 pm by Dermonster »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2017, 11:19:18 pm »

"NOT IT."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2017, 09:59:40 am »

Stevi couldn't figure why Asa had decided to drop on the floor and let the slimes batter him even further then set him on fire. Maybe he'd been a normal schlub like him before joining this "hero" business. Maybe Asa was a sheep shepherd, because those were invariably inferior to the goat shepherd master race.

"Shudn't have napp'd whil fightin', yeah?" he pointed out. "Mah precious farm goat could do the trick, but only if I git paid for 'da-ma-geez'."

Stevi & the GoatsTM use a combined effort and a lot dirt to try and put Asa out. If putting him out doesn't work, offer a farm goat for the pact.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18