Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 27785 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero the Rebecoming
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2017, 03:31:13 pm »

"Slimes are heavily acidic so... it'll probably slightly melt your shit. Yeah.

*Chronus shrugs*

"I've got like fifty rats in the basement somewhere. Honestly they are not good experience. Slimes will pay better."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2017, 05:10:25 pm »

If we end up leaving then make sure to grab that smithing book. If we don't leave this turn then just hit a rock with a hammer.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero the Rebecoming
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2017, 10:57:26 pm »

"Fucking... damnit Jase. I know you did this. Augh, stings like hell. Hold it together Chronus. You made it through the holiday fuckfest, you can get through this. Slimes. Focus on... slimes. Where is everyone?"

Go to the exit. If the event doesn't start, hide somewhere and see if I can conceptualize a spell to let me share my servents senses.
While waiting for the others to be finished preparing for your coming mission you sit down and set about devising a method to use the senses of your own undead minions as your's whenever you desire. It takes only a brief period of time to develop a basic idea about how to make it work, but the method to do so stumps you. As you see it you can take two approaches, develop the spell as a ritual to allow the repeated use of a minion for remote viewing purposes with one cost, or you can attempt to create it as a temporary spell.

You feel the first would cost some secondary materials, but would allow you to freely switch between your sensory minions and your own senses at will after the ritual is performed. Meanwhile, the second method would require a rather large usage of mana, but would require no materials for catalysts while granting only brief usage of a minion's senses.

Stevi didn't get how his flawless technique wasn't working. Well, actually he did but it wasn't like was anyone reasonable selling carving knives around. Maybe he should try his teeth next time. "Ah, fuggit."

Purchase an Oaken Round Shield and Leather Vest for 105 gold, then train the goats as soon as they arrive.
You spend a brief moment to purchase some new gear for yourself before falling into a brief moment of sadness over the lack of goat companions to train.

Quote from: Coolrune206
Awaken from your drunken coma.
When you wake up for your fit of unconsciousness you find yourself lying on the ground outside the keep with your purse slightly lighter than before, and a rather painful headache. Dwarven alcohol is quite a bit stronger than you'd first expected...

If we end up leaving then make sure to grab that smithing book. If we don't leave this turn then just hit a rock with a hammer.
Out of sheer boredom you take to bashing a rock with your hammer over and over again hoping to cause some form of entertainment. After dozens of blows you fill a rather profound sensation of fighting spirit fill you as you suddenly feel that the rock before you could easily be shattered by you. Sadly, it leaves just as your blow lands causing a web of crack to appear throughout the boulder though leaving it mostly intact.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2017, 11:02:43 pm »

Somehow figure out why the hell my ribs are fucked, and sue the offending individual.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2017, 11:06:07 pm »

((Thanks again, Derm. Sorry about the binding thing if it inconveniences you. Although bringing back necromancy could be your Great Act. So I do have that pale short sword, right adwarf? Kinda need it for my action.))

Jase stands slowly, still studying the marks on his hands for a few moments. "I will do my best until my last breath." Jase responds, bowing before the statue and placing a fist over his heart, then straightening up and exiting the shrine. Watch Chronus? What the fuck did he get himself into? Jase thinks to himself as he wanders the fort, looking for Chronus. Once he manages to find him, he speaks. "Chronus. I believe we need to have a chat."

Find Chronus to have a discussion. Go train some more on that full power strike.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2017, 11:06:17 pm »

Asa was not amused.

"My... My money!"

However, knowing there was nothing to do about it, he sighed.

Following this, he attempts to locate some kind of library where he could read up on the local area, and the dangers within.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2017, 11:55:15 pm »

"Tch. Expensive... If you want to do something right, best do it properly."

Continue 'Exit' checkmark. Develop ritual path.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2017, 09:40:17 am »

Continue hitting rocks with a hammer. Try to recapture that sensation of Rock SmashTM.thoguh if we end up leaving this turn then be sure to grab that book..
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2017, 05:13:47 pm »

Purchase/obtain a carving knife from the general store then try to make that goat-herding noseflute. Train the goats as soon as they arrive.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Slimes
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2017, 11:15:35 pm »

Somehow figure out why the hell my ribs are fucked, and sue the offending individual.
You contemplate the idea to sue the offending party for pay to cover your medical expenses, perhaps also enlisting the aid of a duck to help funds in your off hours. Moments later you realize how absurd it is to sue someone who sent you flying from a shop with just enough force to not kill you.

Go train some more on that full power strike.
You spend the remaining amount of your time continuing to practice the art of precise, full strength strikes on the sad creatures that are training dummies. As they say, its hard out here for a training dummy, when he's trying to get money for the rent. Thankfully, the dummy's great sacrifice has provided a great amount of of progress towards your perfection of this profound art.

Asa was not amused.

"My... My money!"

However, knowing there was nothing to do about it, he sighed.

Following this, he attempts to locate some kind of library where he could read up on the local area, and the dangers within.
You spend a while searching for a library to try and gain info of the local lands and wildlife, but all you find is the general store's bestiary book. Before you can inquire as to the price you are dragged off to begin your journey, whatever shall the future hold for you!?

"Tch. Expensive... If you want to do something right, best do it properly."

Continue 'Exit' checkmark. Develop ritual path.
You spend a while finishing the framework for the spell and within half an hour you've managed to write it all down though you feel to fully fill in what's missing will require a great deal of effort on your part...

Continue hitting rocks with a hammer. Try to recapture that sensation of Rock SmashTM.thoguh if we end up leaving this turn then be sure to grab that book..
You make little progress in trying to recapture the fighting spirit you felt earlier and thus resign yourself to retrieving the smithing book. After grabbing it from the shopkeep you head to the entrance to depart on your first quest!

Purchase/obtain a carving knife from the general store then try to make that goat-herding noseflute. Train the goats as soon as they arrive.
When you go to the General Store in search of a knife to carve your masterful nose flute with you end up with quite a surprise as the shopkeep gives you a tiny carving knife for free! With your new knife in hand and accompanied by a trio of new, quality goats at your side you set about carving your desired instrument. Mere moments after you begin carving the one true musical device you find yourself drawn into the act, and when you finally come to there is a strangely well made noseflute in your hands!

Your travel to the slime nest is rather interesting thanks to the entertainment provided by the sight of Stevi chasing his goats, playing a nose-flute as he shouts at them to follow his grand orders. Of course this is, but a small bump on Stevi's road to greatness for the more stubborn the goat the more loyal when trained... or something.

When you finally arrive at your destination you are greeted by the sight of a hill made of stone, all forms of foliage seemingly removed in mass by some secret force. In the center of the hill is a rather dark cave entrance that slopes down slightly, presumably leading directly towards the nest of your targets. Truly, the sight would instill fear in the heart of the dumbest children and the most idiotic of men. It is time to begin the hunt! Probably.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

GM Note: Syv, you can spend your gold just make a list of the gear you wanted from the two available shop lists.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:24:29 pm by adwarf »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Slimes
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2017, 12:03:42 am »

"Everyone gather around the entrance. If they haven't nested deep, I have a method to hopefully lure them out, where we can ambush them. Jase, follow the light at a distance, if you spot anything, alert us and make it follow you outside. if the cave goes too deep, come back and get us. We'll go in together. Slimes aren't intelligent so this should go smoothly."

Cast mage light and attatch it to one of my rats. have it travel into the cave, attract the attention of anything it comes across and immediantly retreat. Otherwise, hand out around the cave entrance.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2017, 12:06:49 am »

While we wait to see if Derms action works, then work on that Rock Smash move.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2017, 12:48:56 am »

Alertly loiter around the cave entrance. Suspiciously look at everything.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2017, 01:49:22 am »

Asa just walks into the cave.

"There is no need to fear. Slimes are no match for us."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2017, 01:53:22 am »

"I don't think your mother told you the right monster stories if you think that. I hear there's even slimes out there that'll pounce and bite yer face off."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18