Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 27719 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero the Rebecoming
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2017, 12:31:09 am »

"Fuck you too, mate." Elizabeth croaks.

Go get someone to put my ribs back in the correct configuration.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2017, 12:34:06 am »

"Ugh. I hope there's some moderately intact ones."

Search corpses for two moderatly intact remains. Repair damage within my means to do so, and raise them into unlife. Harvest the skulls of all the other dead ones and put their corpses in a skeleton storage area for later.

Make a Wild Pact with a few rats so they take damage I otherwise would. Store remaining MP in skulls.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2017, 06:26:12 am »

Asa dreams of fluffy sheep.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2017, 12:33:04 pm »

((Yeah, nest seems ok. Do we have any info on how that nest looks, though? We might need lighting.))

It seemed the goat-herder was correct about his assumption, and he smiled wide at inventory after long minutes staring slack-jawed at it trying to make out what was written. "Aaaw yea, lemme see sum healin' booze. An' hows much for the Intro-duck-tshun?" he asked, wondering whether it had information on different types of goats in the region aside from the info useful for heroic types.

Ask for the price of the book "Introduction to Local Beasts and Baddies". Also purchase a Weak Health Poultice for 40g.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2017, 02:33:37 pm »

Go scrounge around the fort to see if I can find a magical tome in some dusty corner or something. Do we have a library? Check in there also if we do. If my search is fruitless, go see about practicing that full power strike on a training dummy if I can't find a sparring partner.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero the Rebecoming
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2017, 06:46:13 pm »

Well sir, I can certainly pay 210 gold, will that be sufficient?

Well a book on smithing sounds very useful, offer him 210 gold to have him ship it.
As it turns out, offering extra gold may have helped? At least when the shopkeep accepts payment he tells you that the book will be hear just before you leave for your first mission though how exactly he'll get it that fast eludes you. You graciously thank the shopkeep and then browse his wares for a bit as you ponder your next action.

"Fuck you too, mate." Elizabeth croaks.

Go get someone to put my ribs back in the correct configuration.
As you mutter some curses in the direction of the General Store, you pull yourself up from the ground and begin to hobble towards the fort's resident doctor. When you push open the door to the quiet building they are supposed to reside in you find a room filled with test tubes, alchemical equipment, and various other contraptions that elude your knowledge. Huddled in the center of it all is an old woman who is currently overlooking a goblin corpse on an operating table.

After a few seconds of silence the woman raises her cane and taps the corpse causing it to burst into flame before turning into ash that strangle gets carried to a jar by some unknown breeze. Turning her attention to you she smiles and mutters,

"Hmm, twelve broken ribs all on your right side. Quite amazing that it didn't puncture anything, much more force and you'd have likely have died before you could even make it here.  You have to treatment options, since it's your first time here I'll use normal medical methods and a rather weak concoction to reduce the pain and let you move about freely.

That, or I can help you get a full recovery in a few minutes for ... let's say twenty-four gold since I know you're a little low now. Besides, it'll help my business if people come to me for healing rather than using that purple silk robed bastards mass produced crap.

So, what do you say?"

"Ugh. I hope there's some moderately intact ones."

Search corpses for two moderatly intact remains. Repair damage within my means to do so, and raise them into unlife. Harvest the skulls of all the other dead ones and put their corpses in a skeleton storage area for later.

Make a Wild Pact with a few rats so they take damage I otherwise would. Store remaining MP in skulls.

It doesn't take long to find two very undamaged corpses, in fact they look perfectly fine strangely enough as if the wounds that killed them were all internal instead. Using half of your mana reserves, you resurrect the two rodents which causes the corpses to shudder for a moment before they begin to walk around your feet. For now they appear to be set on following you as you go about the room harvesting the skulls from the remainder of the rats resulting in a fine harvest of nineteen tiny skulls ready for use.

You pack the remains of the slightly dismembered corpses into some leather to dispose of shortly before advancing towards the few terrified living rats that remain. Sadly all, but four escape your grasp though four is still better than none. Setting to work you use the Wilder spell your learned quite a while ago to make a Wild Pact with to help ensure your continued survival. With that done you chuck the rat corpses into a corner of the catacombs where your former comrades are interred and then set about storing the last of your mana into the rat skulls.

Asa dreams of fluffy sheep.
You dream of the fluffiest sheep while in the world of the awake, and coherent your purse is made slightly lighter. Perhaps you shall never know the perpetrator.

It seemed the goat-herder was correct about his assumption, and he smiled wide at inventory after long minutes staring slack-jawed at it trying to make out what was written. "Aaaw yea, lemme see sum healin' booze. An' hows much for the Intro-duck-tshun?" he asked, wondering whether it had information on different types of goats in the region aside from the info useful for heroic types.

Ask for the price of the book "Introduction to Local Beasts and Baddies". Also purchase a Weak Health Poultice for 40g.
With a slight smile the shopkeep strides over to pick up a copy of the "Introduction to Local Beasts and Baddies" before opening it to reveal the entire thing is an empty cover with a rather complex looking runic circle inside.

"Because of our friendship I'll tell you that this book is a bit unique, it is quite an excellent scheme by its creator to make money as its actually a rather low class magical artifact. Basically, when someone purchases this I take the amount they've given it and stick it into a crystal wand which spits out my share and then adds in the amount of knowledge the amount was worth into the book. Essentially, the more you pay the more you learn about those beings in this region, and even I'm not quite sure what the limit is for gold spent.

Though, a word of advice, if you're interested I'd use at least one hundred and fifty gold. Anything less and what you get isn't worth it at all."

After that you purchase a health poultice and think over your next purchases.

Go scrounge around the fort to see if I can find a magical tome in some dusty corner or something. Do we have a library? Check in there also if we do. If my search is fruitless, go see about practicing that full power strike on a training dummy if I can't find a sparring partner.
You spend a short time searching the fort for a magical tome to place upon the altar, a search that eventually ends in your sadness as you find nothing. Fueled by your failure to find a magical tome you throw yourself into beating the shit out of a poor training dummy with a training sword. Blow after blow is rained down upon it as you begin to adjust to putting all of your strength into one lethal strike. By the end of it you feel you've progressed somewhat though you're certain there is still some distance before you can perfectly display a full strength blow.

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2017, 07:11:32 pm »

Right, now that that is taken care of, research the last spell in my book about wild magic and then hand it off to Beirus. If that succeeds, see if I can sum up my experience with researching magic into a 'how to study' book.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:15:52 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2017, 07:23:28 pm »

((Well dang, I just sent you a PM to ask about that book, but it seems like you're already on top of things. Thanks, Derm.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 07:39:01 pm »

Go get the book from Chronus if he's done with it and sacrifice it. Then go see if one of the pious trainers can explain to me how divine energy flows through people and objects. If Chronus isn't done with the book, just keep training. See if that knight guy could give me some pointers.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2017, 07:46:15 pm »

Name: Giglam

Past Profession: Hunter

Trait: Choose one of the following or make up your own.

Marksman - You gain +2 to your accuracy rolls when using ranged weapons.

((So can I join the wait list I didn't get to do much on my last character before the game ended))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2017, 07:47:27 pm »

"I'm interested in the second option. Let's see what you've got."

Pay 24 gold for quick healing. If I've still got bones after that, ask if she's got anything to sell.

Also toss smith exactly 10 gold.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:19:29 pm by Egan_BW »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2017, 07:48:56 pm »

Collect the ten coins, and then Buy a torch for 30 coins and flint and steel for 20 coins  and then I'm ready to go.

my vote is for the slime caverns.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:20:45 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2017, 08:33:03 pm »

Asa decides to wake up.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2017, 10:34:23 am »

((Would there be any mechanical advantage to having the book, by the way?))

"Hmmm, fanks pal. I'll sit onnit." Stevi replied, making a gesture roughly like he was sitting on something. Maybe farting on it too. The amount of stuff he could buy with the remaining money made his head spin, so he decided to search for something he could do without expending money: carve a fine instrument!

I'll decide on final purchases next turn. For now, search for a suitable branch and carve the holiest goat-instructing music instrument known to man: the goat herder's nose flute.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2017, 07:02:51 am »

WAITLIST GOD DAMN IT I NEVER EVEN KNEW THIS WAS BACK!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18