Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Become a Hero: See, bees are trained to fly haphazardly  (Read 27783 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Slimes
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2017, 03:38:13 am »

"I'll need another volunteer, and your torch, Chronus. My spear doesn't provide enough light. I'll damn sure not be guilty of not having enough manpower go get out if they start falling from the ceiling and cut us off, or if one of them eats your rat and smothers the light. Besides, knowing how to be glorifed bait is an important skill for these guys to know if I end up kicking the bucket. I can't be doing this shit all the time."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2017, 08:05:55 am »

"I'm uh... already going in. Just saying, I think I automatically volunteer."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2017, 03:28:33 pm »

Spoiler: Shopping list (click to show/hide)

I'm a bodyguard, right?  Bodyguard Smith while he smashes rocks.  Peer suspiciously at anyone who looks at him wrong.

Actually, going with Jase and Asa.  Following behind, with shield and naginata readied.  That is, unless Smith decides I should stay to protect him.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2017, 03:36:15 pm »

"I noticed, and good on you for having some courage. I meant a third, so we can form an effective wedge to break out if we get surrounded. I'd say the mercenary somebody decided to bring would fit the bill if they chose to help, unless one of you other folks wants to volunteer."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 03:47:44 pm by Beirus »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2017, 03:59:07 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2017, 04:23:21 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2017, 05:47:00 pm »

Go ahead. Might as well gain some information while I work on my mining techinque.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2017, 12:05:27 am »

Practiced Maintenance for flaming on my spear. Also sharpen it with my whetstone. Grab a pebble or two, then borrow the torch and follow the rat. Make sure to keep an eye on the ceiling and walls too. Don't walk under any conspicuous holes. If we find a slime, get its attention, preferably by throwing a rock at it or something not putting me in melee range, and alert the others, lead it back outside. If the mage light gets put out for some reason, use the torch for light.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Ninja Slimes
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2017, 12:21:36 am »

"Everyone gather around the entrance. If they haven't nested deep, I have a method to hopefully lure them out, where we can ambush them. Jase, follow the light at a distance, if you spot anything, alert us and make it follow you outside. if the cave goes too deep, come back and get us. We'll go in together. Slimes aren't intelligent so this should go smoothly."

Cast mage light and attatch it to one of my rats. have it travel into the cave, attract the attention of anything it comes across and immediantly retreat. Otherwise, hand out around the cave entrance.
With a wave of your hand a white light bursts into existence over the top of a rat that you pull from your nondescript bottomless pouch. Setting the creature down on the ground, you order it into the cave and watch as Jase quickly follows it inside though you notice Asa is already a fair way into the tunnel, ignoring any form of planning. Sighing, you wait to see how things turn out ...

Asa just walks into the cave.

"There is no need to fear. Slimes are no match for us."
While the others go about making plans to deal with the pathetic creatures you've come to deal with you immediately set off into the cave without the slightest hesitation, how could they ever measure up to you? Fully clad in armor, and with decent weapon in hand it should be a simple matter to handle your supposed foes.

Of course, your headstart and long legs lead to you entering the first chamber of the cavern a ways ahead of the lit rat leaving you in a hazy darkness which turns out to be your downfall. From the dark they come, their bluish tendrils barely visible as they slam into your armor from every side leaving slight dents in the armor and rattling you severely. However, that isn't the worst of it for as one slime strikes the back of your leg the already slightly damage armor fractures slightly causing metal shards to break off and pierce into you. Taking advantage of these new handholds the slime grabs the fragments and tears away leaving behind bloody trails as you grunt, forced back a step at last. Blood pours from the corners of your mouth as you prepare yourself for what could be your final fight...

Party vs. Eight Small Slimes, Battle Begins!

Towards the end of the tunnel three people now stand in a face off against a group of eight small slimes, their light blue gel bodies formed around a strange orange sphere that you believe to be the nucleus of the creature. Asa stands heavily wounded while Jase, and Syv are unharmed and prepared to avoid the same situation that had put Asa in this situation, a sneak attack that was now made impossible thanks to the full presence of the light bearing rat.

Outside of the cave the rest of the party has been attracted by the pain filled screams of Asa, though some distance away from the first chamber it is a clear line of sight thanks to the light given from the sun and the mage light bearing rat! For the most of you its your first fight against monsters and already its not started off too well...

Spoiler: Chronus, Dermonster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undead Rat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stevi, Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm Goat Companions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asa Giles, Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elizabeth, Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

Enemies
Spoiler: Small Slime 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 6 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 7 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Small Slime 8 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:26:09 am by adwarf »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Become a Hero: A Spooky Den of Ninja Slimes
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2017, 12:27:34 am »

Asa stumbles backwards, out of combat.

"F-fuck that. I'm a canary in a coal mine."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2017, 12:28:53 am »

"CHRONUS! THE NEWBIE FUCKED UP! GET THE OTHERS IN HERE!" Jase calls out of the cave.

"Syv, was it? You know how to do a fighting retreat? And I mean the fighting part, not the turning tail and running part. Probably not a good idea to leave your back exposed to these things."

It's stabbing time for the nearest slime. Use my spear. Then retreat to the edge of the light behind my shield, preferably in the tunnel to make use of the bottleneck if there is one, while still facing them to keep them from getting close.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:12:45 pm by Beirus »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2017, 12:29:22 am »

"Bloody hell."

Wield crossbow. Move partway forward, then shoot a slime.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:45:37 am by Egan_BW »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2017, 12:31:09 am »

Chronus whistles.

"Yeah. pretty much how I expected that to go."

Consult healing book. Apply a poultice to Asa as they presumably run past me, screaming. Then leisurely walk towards the combat zone.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18