Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The First Christmas RTD (7/Definitely 7): Turn 3: Navigation Success and Failure  (Read 2791 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Pull the tab, put on the clothes. Examines the compass, following someone at random.

Dave does the same
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

Jak puts on the clothes, then punches the air a few times to make sure it doesn't hamper his movement. He then starts trudging through the snow in whichever direction Sanra pointed them.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Our heroes promptly took advantage of Santa Claus' gifts.

Zwei was first once more.

(6)

He pulled the tab, and was promptly hit by a blast of winter clothing.

(5)

This had no adverse effects on him, however, and maybe even helped him get his clothing on.

Vlad was the next to try his hand at the canned clothing.

(1) (3)

Try he did, only for the can to explode when he pulled the tab.

He was promptly knocked flat on his back and dizzied, though it would not effect him in the long run.

(Dizzied: -1 to direction finding this turn)

Harry the mobster seemed wary of the can now, but opened it anyways.

(5)

Chance prevailed in his favor as the clothing made its way onto him like magic.

John then acted with insanity. Again.

(2)

Basically exactly what you said he would do.

Harold the homeless guy was the next to open his can.

(6) (1)

The initial result was much the same as Vlad's. The next result was unconsciousness.

(Unconsciousness: cannot take independent action until you wake up)

Finally, the boxer Jak tried his hand at the can.

(5)

It worked perfectly, and did not inhibit his movement in the slightest. It even came with a pair of boxing gloves!

Now that all of our heroes had clothed or attempted to clothe themselves, it was time to get moving.

(2)

Especially given the fact that Santa wasn't doing a very good job at holding back the smoke, and the reindeer weren't helping.

Zwei, Vlad and Harry simply checked the compass and followed it.

(3, 1-1=0, 6)

Zwei's compass stopped for a moment, leading him to take time shaking it until it got back to work. Vlad fell unconscious. Harry moved like a man possessed by Christmas spirit. Perhaps he was.

(Possessed by Christmas spirit: What do you think? I'm not even sure. No numerical bonuses yet, at least.)

(Unconscious: see above.)

John's mind skedaddled once again as he completely disregarded the compass.

(4)

Thankfully it looked like he was headed in the right direction. Looked.

Harold would have followed somebody if he was conscious.

Dave went ahead and did just that.

(5)

To be precise, he followed after Harry, and followed well.

Finally, Jak took the unorthodox method of asking Santa for guidance.

(3)

Sadly, Santa was far too occupied with tinkering up some contraption to deal with the smoke to talk to him.

All in all...

Vlad and Harold were unconscious near the start point.

Dave and Harry were progressing rapidly towards the north pole.

John was heading towards the north pole as well, if a bit more chaotically.

And Zwei and Jak remained with Vlad and Harold, though they were still conscious.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use my great Christmas Spirit by singing more carols to wake up the others, keep walking.

~"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow"
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

"Проклятые капиталисты никогда не могут ничего сделать правильно."

Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Is there anything paranatural nearby? If so ask them where the north pole is.

If not then continue to follow Harry.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Zwei realigns the compass and heads North.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

((Can I use Luck to make the wake up roll a 5?))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

Jak takes a look at his compass and heads north. Anyone is unconscious at the end of this turn will be carried by Jak
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Can I use Luck to make the wake up roll a 5?))
((You most certainly can.))

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

((I'll wait, folk are carrying meh))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump for Tomasque/Everybody John.

If I don't get his action, I might let people suggest what John does, based on what he's based off of.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile

Bump for Tomasque/Everybody John.

If I don't get his action, I might let people suggest what John does, based on what he's based off of.
Sorry for the inactivity.

"H-hey! Where did everybody go? I said we shouldn't have done this!"

John begins to look for the other people.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As Harry Jackson the mobster walked onwards towards the North Pole, his Christmas spirit filled him and he began to sing.

(4)

His song resonated through the air, striking upon the two unconscious heroes at the crash site, pulling them towards consciousness.

(+1 to waking up this turn)

Dave took a look around, attempting to find some kind of supernatural spirit to guide him towards the north pole.

(5+1=6)

And indeed there was one! To be precise, it was the Christmas spirit within Harry. Dave was promptly possessed as well.

(Possessed by Christmas spirit: the same as Harry's.)

It certainly didn't stop him from following after Harry. More likely, it helped.

Some ways back, John shifted to one of his other personalities, and frantically began looking for the other heroes.

(6)

As it turned out, somehow he ended up ahead of the others, and in fact was at the first obstacle to their journey...

Though Harry and Dave were soon due to arrive, John had already arrived, and in fact went a bit to far. John was now at the start of the thankfully not rope bridge across a frosted chasm.

The bridge was sturdy, that was not the problem. The problem was the dark elves that had taken up residence on the bridge, and had noticed John.

(4)

These ones were reasonably competent too, for they recognized John as a Christmas hero and prepared to fire arrows upon him.

Back at the crash site, or some distance away from it, the unconscious Harold and Vlad may have been stirring.

(3+1=4) (4+1=5)

Harold merely made a stride towards consciousness, but Vlad awoke fully. Neither of them would have managed that without Harry's song.

(Harold: +1 to regaining consciousness next turn, Vlad: conscious)

Zwei struck his compass, trying to get it to function.

(5)

However it worked, it still did, and as a result Zwei was all set to head north.

(1)

For some unknowable reason, however, Zwei ended up heading in the exact opposite direction, and before Santa or any of the other heroes could call out to him, he was gone.

Jak didn't bother waiting for Zwei to return, nor did he bother waiting for Vlad to get moving. No, he was impatient.

(1) (4)

Had things turned out differently, perhaps he might have taken Harold with him. Instead, he attempted taking Harold with him... then slipped on a patch of ice, causing him to fall to the ground and causing Harold to hit his head on the ground.

(1(critical pain)) (4(but certainly not dead))

Needless to say, Harold's grey matter was somewhat scrambled.

(Scrambled Grey Matter: there goes that bonus. Actually, it's a permanent(till waking) penalty now. When you wake up, I'll roll again for an additional penalty.)

Jak didn't notice this however, and simply headed north with similar accuracy as John.

Harry and Dave arrived near the Bridge, unnoticed by the dark elves. Something would need to be done. The question was whether or not this could be avoided or not.

(1)

Meanwhile, the evidence for Santa's senility grew as his device exploded, adding gold streaks and a greater rate of expansion to the purple smoke.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Zwei continues heading South, aiming to completely circumnavigate the globe in order to attack Santa Claws's fortress from another direction.

"Das ist ein guter Plan. Es kann nicht scheitern."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4