Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The First Christmas RTD (7/Definitely 7): Turn 3: Navigation Success and Failure  (Read 2792 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Except this is Bay 12. No, this has going to be different. This is Bay 12. I fully expect the cooperation in this RTD to go south sooner or later. Anyway.

This is the first Christmas RTD, run by yours truly, FallacyofUrist. This RTD is unique in that it has a time limit: no further turns will be produced after January 5. That makes 12 days to complete this RTD. The 12 days of the Christmas RTD. What do I mean by completion, you ask?

You complete... the objective. Which is?

The evil Santa Claws has ousted Santa Claus from the North Pole. Santa Claus has (perhaps unfortunately) recruited YOU! to forcibly remove Santa Claws from the North Pole. Should you fail to oust him by the time limit, Santa Claws will become the new Santa Claus. This is bad.

The sign up sheet is simple.

Name:
Description:
Talent:

You have 3 options for Talent. The first is Luck, which lets you set two of your rolls, of your choice, to 5 over the course of this game. This is not retroactive, so you must declare the use of this before I roll. The second is Skill, which gives you +1 to all rolls of a certain category which you choose. Particularly broad categories may be denied. Note that a bonus is not always a good thing. The third option is Extra Life. Should you die, you will return to life, completely unharmed. The first time you die, anyway.

So come one, come all!

((Wacky death race on hiatus until after this deadline.))
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:21:12 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The First Christmas RTD (0/8)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 03:52:51 pm »

I would join, but it's only 12 days long, so I'll just PTW
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 05:47:30 pm »

I'm not going to participate in this for the same reason Tank isn't, but if I was participating, I would choose luck, and try my best to cheese the system using my two free perfect success rolls

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 06:29:07 pm »

Name: Zwei
Description: A German guy. He doesn't speak English...
Talent: Extra Life
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The First Christmas RTD (1/8)
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 08:31:59 pm »

Here's my reasoning for the time limit: this is meant to be a limited-time holiday thing. It'll also mean it'll likely get an ending as opposed to going on forever(or dying) like many RTDs have.

Zwei accepted.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: The First Christmas RTD (1/8)
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 11:10:15 pm »

Name: Jak "Mac-Truck Jak" Lynn
Description: A small time boxer.
Talent: Skill- +1 to punching
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: The First Christmas RTD (2/8)
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 08:57:07 pm »

Name: Vlad
Description: An old Russian ex-bodybuilder, now far past his prime.
Talent: Skill - +1 to lifting heavy objects.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: The First Christmas RTD (3/8)
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 01:56:26 pm »

bump?

Name: John
Description: Everybody is
Talent: +1 to multitasking
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 11:32:15 am »

Name: David Wong
Description: Your average medium/druggie who has taken the 'Soy Sauce'.
Talent: Seeing Eldritch abominations and ghosts

Question! Should I include my package of infinite 'Soy Sauce' in my description?
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 03:34:18 pm »

Name: David Wong
Description: Your average medium/druggie who has taken the 'Soy Sauce'.
Talent: Seeing Eldritch abominations and ghosts

Question! Should I include my package of infinite 'Soy Sauce' in my description?
((Well, now that I know about it, no. Also, hopefully John won't die at the end.))

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: The First Christmas RTD (5/8)
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 04:06:31 pm »

((I saw the opportunity and I took it. Couldn't help myself.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 10:26:14 pm »

((Could we start this with this many people?))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 11:48:10 pm »

I'll make it an even 6. Wish I had jumped into this sooner.

Name: Harry Jackson
Description: An middle aged mobster. This guy's messing with Christmas, one of the best times of the year for family to come together. You don't mess with the mob's family.
Talent: +1 Shooting (Alternatively, Marksmanship if that isn't specific enough.)

(I almost picked Extra Life to have his brother come in for revenge or something, but one character is enough.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 12:35:58 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 11:57:57 pm »

If you're still accepting:

Name: Harold
Description: Dirty, scruffy homeless man, wears an olive green trench coat and cream khakis, though how you can tell their cookouts cookies colours behind all that grime is anyone's guess. Always goes barefoot. May or may not be unhinged, he hasn't quite decided yet.
Talent: Luck
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 10:50:38 am »

Yeah, I'll start with 7.
~~~
Santa Claus looks the lot of you over. "Ho... ho. Well, you're a sorry lot. I can't believe so few people believe in the true meaning of Christmas nowadays. *Sigh* And I can't believe it took so long to find you... on top of that, some of you are a bit more naughty than nice... anyways. Your time is nigh. This'll be my last sleigh ride unless you can stop Santa Claws. Get in, get in!"

It was quite the mass of people.

"Next stop: the North Pole! Hopefully we won't run out of Christmas spirit before we get there..."

(3)

And so, as our heroes shot through the air on a sleigh drawn by reindeer... the sleigh approached the North Pole... and began to slow.

"Quickly now! If you fuel the sleigh with Christmas carols, we may still make it!"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4