Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to learn Magic, the HARD way. (7/∞ Alive)Always Accepting Players) Turn 9  (Read 7696 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Roll to learn Magic, the HARD way.(3/∞ Alive)Always Accepting Players)Turn 3
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 07:14:03 am »

--~~Turn 3~~--

Rautherdir/Evandar:
"I should probably name the spells after finding out what they do, that last one's title didn't even make sense. Also, who said I couldn't talk and fight at the same time, much more entertaining that way in my opinion. Let us all see what other wonders I can do!"

Cast Currently Researching
A beard appears out of nowhere, for the sole purpose of you stroking it thoughtfully, before dissapearing. "I should probabaly name the spells after finding out what they do, the last one's title didn't even make sense." You see multiple people in the crowd nodding in agreement. "Also, who said I couldn't talk and fight at the same time," "ME!" yells the guy who told you off for 'yapping'. "Much more entertaining that way, in my opinion that is." "WELL IT'S NOT MY OPINION!" You just ignore him, saying "Now let's all see what other magical wonders I can do!" (5)(5) You yell your new word, and nothing seems to happen at first. Then, you feel your body shifting, and quickly look at your hands to see if any damage is done, only to see that you've got incredible muscles that your pretty sure you didn't have before. So incredible that your robes have to expand to your new body size! You also feel like your a bit taller. And very mighty. "Intresting result..." You say, stroking the beard that once again appeared out of nowhere for the sole purpose of you stroking it thoughtfully.

star2wars3/Skeliborn:
(6)(6) You say your word, and immediatly a giant sword appears in your hand! Wait a minute, where's... IT REPLACED YOUR HAND! Well then... that wasn't quite what you expected... maybe you were a bit too powerfull when casting the spell? Probabaly something like that. Well, atleast now you have a blade to use.

Mallos/Vollitz:
Cast the spell I sent TankKit, laughing maniacally all the while
Suddenly a new contestand enters the arena! His name is Vollitz, and he is now laughing maniacally, (2)(1) as small grains of sand turn into small grains of dirt all over the arena! That's actually not that bad...
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Research Pmn'd spell

(Save The Last Spell roughly Follows:

P.S,: I mean privately in the spellbook
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:46:08 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Research Pmn'd spell

(Save The Last Spell rough'yas Follows:
Name of Spell: Hand Sharpener, Letter Combination: B-L-A-D-E, Effect: Turns My Hands To Blades)

1. You just revealed a spell to getting weaponry.
2. It only turned your hands into a blade because you rolled a 6.
3. What the hell is a rough'yas?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Character Sheet:
Name: Jimmy
Favourite Colour: Magenta
Spoiler: Book Page One=Alphabet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Book Page Two=Spells (click to show/hide)

"No, Skeliborn, we're not done yet!"

Point my finger at Skeliborn and cast PM'ed spell.

Probably a contraction/misspelling of "roughly as"

Edit: also, a question: does the order of the words matter for page 4 spells? For example, if I have spells 'abcde' and 'fghij', will 'abcde-fghij' and 'fghij-abcde' have different effects? Or is this something that I have to try to figure out on my own?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:49:10 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes it will mater if you have words combined differently.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Save spells my modifying your first post. And in my case at least, putting them in an unsaved notepad++ document.))

"Ah, I'll call that one Muscle Mayhem. Ooh, this one could be fun."

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Research Pmn'd spell

(Save The Last Spell rough'yas Follows:
Name of Spell: Hand Sharpener, Letter Combination: B-L-A-D-E, Effect: Turns My Hands To Blades)

1. You just revealed a spell to getting weaponry.
2. It only turned your hands into a blade because you rolled a 6.
@1
7=Players are not allowed to look at each other's books unless they actually get an opportunity to look at it In Game, or they find the book on a corpse/pile of ashes/mass of flesh/tear in the fabric of reality/Bobs(wat?) (Don't worry, I'm pretty sure those opportunities will come around alot...)
@2Thx for the clarification
@3Rough'yas is a misspelling of Roughly))
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:44:23 am by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I fair to assume that a Strong Combo Spell is a Combo Spell made from Strong Spells?

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Either that or a combo with at least one strong spell.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I fair to assume that a Strong Combo Spell is a Combo Spell made from Strong Spells?
Either that or a combo with at least one strong spell.
Both.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

"What a boring result. I was hoping someone's flesh would be rended from their body or a fire would start..."

Point at the ground in front of me and cast the spell I sent TankKit
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

--~~Turn 4~~--

Rautherdir/Evandar:

"Ah, I'll call that one Muscle Mayhem. Ooh, this one could be fun."

"Ah, I'll callthat one Muscle Mayhem." "FOR CRYING OUT LOUD JUST GET TO THE BLOODY FIGHTING!" That guy is really annoying... Thinking of more spell ideas, you suddenly have an idea. Almost as you have the idea, someone gets thrown into the ring. "WAIT WHAT, NO, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO, I DON'T WANT TO BE IN HERE MYSELF!" You smile menacingly. "Ooh, this one could be fun..." (6)(5) You cast your spell, and almost immediatly the poor guy drops to the floor in pain, as fur sprouts from his back and his bones reform, until he's a giant snarling wolf. Small problem. You overdid the spell a bit, and accidentaly gave him rabies. Uh-Oh...
Feral Werewolf (5+1=6)(5+2=7) VS (4)(6+3=9) Thanks to your newly aqquired muscles, the fight is much more even then it would normally be. EVEN?! EVEN?! THOSE MUSCLES PROBABALY SAVED HIS BLOODY LIFE! Yes, I know, now shut up and let me continue the story. Anyway, where was I? Ah yes, the fight. You and the werewolf charge each other, but the werewolf is slightly faster than you and manages to get in a couple of scratches. However you use your strength to punch it in the face, knocking it into one of the other guys. Who proceeds to run around screaming. Even though it's unconcious. *sigh*

star2wars3/Skeliborn:
Research Pmn'd spell

"Hmm, time to tresearch some new sp-OH GOD WHY IS THERE A WEREWOLF ON MY BACK, OH GOD, HELP ME, HELP ME, GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" You run around screaming, before realising it's not attacking you. Wait, it's unconcious isn't it... Well then... that's embarassing. Atleast the crowd's enjoying themselves. You quickly cast your spell. (3)(6) ...Well, you have a hand. There's just one, small, problem. It's a fucking BABY HAND. LITTERALLY. AND FOR FUCKS SAKE WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP CROWD! "No, Skeliborn, we're not done yet!" You turn around, to see fucking JIMMY staring back at you. "OH FOR FUCKS SAKE, YOU JUST HAD TO COME HERE TO, DIDN'T YOU?" You open your mouth to say something else, when you feel something in your stomach. You gag, and you gag some more, and puke up... water?

Mallos/Vollitz:
"What a boring result. I was hoping someone's flesh would be rended from their body or a fire would start..."

Point at the ground in front of me and cast the spell I sent TankKit
"What a boring result. I was hoping someone's flesh would be rended from their body or a fire would start..." When you say this the crowd stops laughing. Now they just look extremely weirded out. Now they look excited. Now they're laughing again, this time much more nervously than the last. You cast your spell. (5)(5) Suddenly, a writhing mass of tentacles appears from the ground, then another, then another! You now have 3 giant tentacle blobs at your command. CONGRATS!

IcyTea31/Jimmy
"No, Skeliborn, we're not done yet!"
Point my finger at Skeliborn and cast PM'ed spell.
"No, Skeliborn, we're not done yet!" "OH FOR FUCKS SAKE, YOU JUST HAD TO COME HERE TO, DIDN'T YOU?" He yells back at you. (3)(4) Suddenly, he starts gagging, and gagging some more, and throwing up... water?

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"There, I got to the fighting. I even gave you a fair chance, and you still got knocked out in one shot. Now, how about I heat things up even more..."

Cast Currently Researching on the unconscious werewolf

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Hm, interesting reaction. Best save that for later."

Name previous spell: Drown

"Well shit. That guy's dangerous. Lucky you, Mr. Skeliborn von Baby Hand."

Cast PM'ed spell at the tentacle monsters.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:43:44 pm by IcyTea31 »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

"HAHAHA! BEAUTIFUL FLESH-BEASTS, ATTACK THE PINK MAGE!" Vollitz exclaims while pointing at Jimmy. With more maniacal cackles, Vollitz readies another spell.

PM'd spell
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6