Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (3/?) Turn ?: Interest Check on Possible Return  (Read 19957 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (3/?) Turn 9: RNG Strikes Back
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2016, 09:25:45 am »

"Quock"

Quockslator: Hello my dear drinking buddy, you know, i am here too for the dungeons but... why? Why should we risk ourselves alone, in a free for all spree and spill our bloods when we could invest in a reasonable, courageous, feathered, and beautiful guy like me? I promise that WHEN, not if i go back from the dungeon, i shall reward generously everybody that helped me. Of course those who fight by my side will already have bigger pockets, but those who invest in me shall get profit, without dying.

*Try to get somebody to help him, be repairing the knife, giving another burlap sack (?), giving something useful, willing to be my meatshield and sword or something else*

(I will wait for getting investments or "friends" to enter into the dungeon with me, if nobody joins i will continue bullshitting until i convince someone by persistence or some players die spawn and i will act as if they accepted my promises of wealth and bullshitery.)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (3/?) Turn 9: RNG Strikes Back
« Reply #136 on: December 30, 2016, 10:29:04 am »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T   U   R   N        10

"YA LAND-LUBBIN' OWL BASTARDS! I'LL EAT YIR INNARDS, I SWEAR ON ME PIRATE BEARD!"

Grow an awesome pirate beard and beat an owl to death
(5) "AAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!" Azet balls his fists and screams, his hair turning blonde and his chin extending outward as it prickles and then erupts into a glowing luscious beard in a flash of light. Temporarily empowered (+3 attack) by his super hairfoot status, he ducks into a fighting stance and aims a right cross at the nearest owl (7, target 7) hitting it in the jaw and spinning its head around 180 degrees! -5 HP! Killing blow! +5 points! Level up! Choose a bonus!

The other owl fearlessly lunges for the powered-up hairfoot, attempting to claw him to death and claim his power for itself. (9, target 5) -6 HP!

1x Magic WMD, 3x Blast.

If anything causes me to die, set off the Magic WMD.  Else, enter dungeon.
Tim walks into the dungeon just in time to see Fred and Lootington shouting at each other.

It requires conscious effort to cast a spell; he will not be able to deadman's switch the Magic WMD.

"I'll kill you, you duck-lovin' bastard!"

Steal his dagger, then flee north!
Fred shoves Looty and grabs for his blade, (6) yanking it away so hard that he accidentally pokes himself in the thigh. -1 HP! He runs off into the northern room! +4 points!

"RAAAAAA-wait do you not want to steal my tea and crumpets? If your not going to steal them, then I'm perfectly fine with you." Try to negotiate, obviously while running away from the blade.
Suddenly having lost the will to fight after being stabbed, Looty backs away with his hands up. The two seem to quickly work out a deal that ends with Looty standing there bleeding and unarmed and the other guy running away.

"Quock"

Quockslator: Hello my dear drinking buddy, you know, i am here too for the dungeons but... why? Why should we risk ourselves alone, in a free for all spree and spill our bloods when we could invest in a reasonable, courageous, feathered, and beautiful guy like me? I promise that WHEN, not if i go back from the dungeon, i shall reward generously everybody that helped me. Of course those who fight by my side will already have bigger pockets, but those who invest in me shall get profit, without dying.

*Try to get somebody to help him, be repairing the knife, giving another burlap sack (?), giving something useful, willing to be my meatshield and sword or something else*

(I will wait for getting investments or "friends" to enter into the dungeon with me, if nobody joins i will continue bullshitting until i convince someone by persistence or some players die spawn and i will act as if they accepted my promises of wealth and bullshitery.)
(1) Having committed some ancient and unknown blasphemy of this land, Drawoh suddenly finds himself the center of attention. A hush falls over the room as several men with arcane sigils on their burlap sacks stand and approach him, surrounding him at the bar. They are the Inquisitors of the Lion-Headed Ong, his magicians and mysteriarchs who enforce his law in his lands. The Inquisitors seize Drawoh and force him onto the bar, holding the duck down on his front. One of them demands to know where Drawoh came from, and then slaps him on the head with the flat of a rusty dagger! -1 HP!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:31:42 am by inaluct »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (4/?) Turn 10: Petty Larceny
« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2016, 10:38:06 am »

... Did you start making the turn before I had finished editing my action? You missed a bit. And if you think I just changed it, look at when I last edited it and look at when you posted the turn.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:40:32 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 30, 2016, 10:52:10 am »

... Did you start making the turn before I had finished editing my action? You missed a bit. And if you think I just changed it, look at when I last edited it and look at when you posted the turn.
(1) Before Fred can grab his blade, Looty crumples to the ground and holds it tightly to keep the tourist from stealing it. Unfortunately, he accidentally stabs himself while doing so, and then Fred grabs it anyway and runs away. -3 HP!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2016, 10:57:57 am »

Thank you. Lol to be honest I don't care if bad stuff happens to me, I just want to get my full action in. Look around for any weapons, I'm sure to find something with all these bodies around.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2016, 10:58:17 am »

((Does that mean I get my 1hp back?))

Not much time... gotta work fast.

Skin the tiger for awesome tiger onesie. Check the doors, then drag the corpse in front of the least-locked one. Dual wield Rusty Daggers.

If anyone enters the room, shout "FRIEND OR FOE!" loudly and repeatedly while advancing toward them.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2016, 11:02:34 am »

Thank you. Lol to be honest I don't care if bad stuff happens to me, I just want to get my full action in. Look around for any weapons, I'm sure to find something with all these bodies around.
New addition. If I have to talk to Fred and he starts shouting at me, shout ONE OF US in sync with him. Because why the fuck not.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2016, 11:14:31 am »

Skin the tiger for awesome tiger onesie. Check the doors, then drag the corpse in front of the least-locked one. Dual wield Rusty Daggers.

If anyone enters the room, shout "FRIEND OR FOE!" loudly and repeatedly while advancing toward them.
No, you don't get it back because you rolled a 6 and overdid things a little. Admittedly, -1 HP isn't a particularly interesting overkill complication, but it would feel lame to have you just accidentally disembowel him or yourself or have a giant ceiling stone fall on you or something like that.

New addition. If I have to talk to Fred and he starts shouting at me, shout ONE OF US in sync with him. Because why the fuck not.
I appreciate you just adding a new post instead of tacking it on the back of the old one.

Waiting on Azet and Tim.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 30, 2016, 11:47:40 am »

*Drawoh tries to be calm*

"Q-quack"

Quackslator: "Wait wait wait, let's not be that rude, i just remember of getting consciousness not so long ago, in a nearby lake with a green glowing water and some weird metallic bird flying away, or we think we saw, hallucinations are common near the lake... me and the other hmmm, brothers? We really don't know, decided to join the civilization around us and gather resources so we could build a village of our own alongside the lake that gave us life. I really didn't intended to offend someone, just realized that the dungeons are the easiest way of getting rich, you will help me right? I could reeeeaaally be of greeat service for your organization and be an honorable citizen of such respectable reign"

Try to convince the inquisitors to help(or spare) him.
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 30, 2016, 03:26:17 pm »

((For my levelup bonus I'd like 1d6 points of health. I assume that will heal me as well?))

Use my super-hairfoot power to rip the owl in half while roaring like a blood-drunk monster
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2016, 06:17:42 pm »

T   U   R   N        11

(3) Oh man. That didn't go too well. Gained a Tiger Skin Cloak! (1 AR)

Fred, now garbed in a tigerskin, dual wields his rusty knives and drags the dead tiger in front of a doorway. It turns out that both of these are stone arches with no doors. Peering through, he sees a large empty room, and beyond that, a naturally formed limestone chamber with a portcullis set in the far wall. The portcullis is too distant and the light too dim to see through. Nothing approaches. It is quiet as the grave.

(6) Nope. No weapons. Sad. Looty picks up Dukington's rusty dagger and sighs, lamenting his lack of armament. He suddenly has an epiphany and runs over to a tiger, sawing off a leg and stripping away most of the flesh, cutting out a femur. He hefts it, feeling the sturdy weight in his hands. This'll do nicely.

Looty has gained a tiger femur club! (WDR 1d6+2)

Sadly (from my perspective) Looty and Fred do not have any reason to talk to each other. Tim watches Looty disinterestedly.

*Drawoh tries to be calm*

"Q-quack"

Quackslator: "Wait wait wait, let's not be that rude, i just remember of getting consciousness not so long ago, in a nearby lake with a green glowing water and some weird metallic bird flying away, or we think we saw, hallucinations are common near the lake... me and the other hmmm, brothers? We really don't know, decided to join the civilization around us and gather resources so we could build a village of our own alongside the lake that gave us life. I really didn't intended to offend someone, just realized that the dungeons are the easiest way of getting rich, you will help me right? I could reeeeaaally be of greeat service for your organization and be an honorable citizen of such respectable reign"

Try to convince the inquisitors to help(or spare) him.
(1) The inquisitors grow angrier and angrier as Drawoh babbles inanely and quacks at them.

"Silence!" One of them roars, bringing his elbow down hard on the squawking waterfowl's back. "You have offended the Great Lion-headed Ong! You have transgressed direly, and still you have the audacity to babble to us about villages and lakes! To call us brothers to waddling filth gobbling scum like you!" He foams with rage, and the other inquisitors tighten their grip on Drawoh as they lift him off the bar and bind him with strips of burlap. "You have witnessed nothing in your life comparable to the horrors that you will undergo soon... Brother." He spits the final word, as if it were ashes on his tongue, and the mysteriarchs lift the duck and carry him out through the doors of the tavern, never to be seen again.

This is what happens to him, much later.

Fill out a new character sheet.

((For my levelup bonus I'd like 1d6 points of health. I assume that will heal me as well?))

Use my super-hairfoot power to rip the owl in half while roaring like a blood-drunk monster
Yes, it will! +3 HP!

Azet roars and grabs the owl, (5, target 7) grunting and straining as he attempts to rip it in half. It pecks him on the face. (6, target 5) -2 HP!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:53:03 pm by inaluct »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (4/?) Turn 11: The Abominations of Yondo
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2016, 06:35:53 pm »

AUSHUAHDIUHASIDHAISDHAIUSHDIUAHDIUASHSIUDAAIDNANDIUSF I DIED WITHOUT EVEN ENTERING THE DUNGEON  :D :D

Name: Querint
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:47:27 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2016, 07:04:27 pm »

If the cask is resealable, take a swig of sweet ambrosia, then reseal it. Otherwise ignore. Continue pushing tiger corpse through to portcullis, prepared to use it as a shield.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2016, 07:33:25 pm »

If the cask is resealable, take a swig of sweet ambrosia, then reseal it. Otherwise ignore. Continue pushing tiger corpse through to portcullis, prepared to use it as a shield.
If you want, that tiger was decapitated and I'll let you throw or roll the flayed severed head in front of you before you push the corpse, as an additional precaution. I say this only because I know that the bold colors and sweeping brushstrokes of my works convey emotions better than they do small insignificant facts like the tiger being decapitated. It's more about how the tiger felt as it was being decapitated. Being an impressionist painter is a curse sometimes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2016, 08:33:57 pm »

Blast the more dangerous of Fred or Lootington.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15