Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (3/?) Turn ?: Interest Check on Possible Return  (Read 19986 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (8/?) Turn ☃: Somebody Got Killed By Traps
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2016, 09:02:15 pm »

Diplomatize the owls
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2016, 09:04:56 pm »

Don't worry, you aren't Dan Kale.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2016, 11:03:04 pm »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T   U   R   N        6

Kobosh the Red Destroyer will elbow the Damn owl in the face, infusing his elbow with the mystic power of his headpants.
(4, target 10) Kobosh sweeps an elbow towards the owl, but the bird dips its tiny head just in time to avoid the shattering blow. It gives a macabre cackle, as if calling Kobosh the Red to his doom, and lunges forward beak outstretched: (11, target 5) sinking deep into Kobosh's chest. Oh, the horror. -3 HP!

Kobosh has died.

"CHEEKY OWL. STAND STILL. I DO NOT LIKE YOU."
Attempt to cleave the owl once more
Fuming, teeth grit in grief and rage at the loss of his companion and the desertion of that treacherous manlet dwarf, Azet swings his blade in a powerful overhead arc, (10, target 10) tearing away a wing from the owl. A second stroke neatly decapitates it. -6 HP! +5 points!

Meanwhile, in the other room...
The pain, the blood splatering, the pain, the will to live, it looks at the face of the tiger who recently attacked him and let a might

"ROOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR"

(Wait, what?)

Roarslator: Hey you have some lemonade?

*bloodlust activated, let the slashing begins*

(BEAST MODE ENGAGED)

Il Duce gives a quack and lunges for a tiger, pinkish foam dripping from his beak as his rusty blade slashes an autumnal flurry before him, slashing and stabbing into the nearest tiger in a virtually unsurvivable assault. (8, target 5) -14 HP! +5 points! The tiger gracelessly expires.

The other tiger snarls and lunges for the duck, powerful thews rippling under stripped fur as it seems to fly across the room, exuding grace and power. The whole scene would make for badass tattoo. (6, target 7) It seems to hang there for an inappropriately long time, still exuding grace and power for a while, until it lands with a little *paff* right next to him and takes up a menacing pose.

Back to the main party...
Let's try again in attacking that scary owl.
Gaila steps back and then jabs the rusty dagger at the closest owl (5, target 6) clipping a few feathers but otherwise coming up short. The owl hoots in retribution and dives for Gaila! (3, target 5) But the thief is too quick and ducks away. The duelists pace, glaring at each other. The owl headbobs a lot.

Diplomatize the owls. Get my own mighty steed.
Turns to the remaining owl, hooting and flapping. (2) The owl seems to understand that Skeliborn means to "ride" it, but fails to comprehend the intent or in what context and looks gravely offended. It slaps him in the face with a wing. (7, target 5) -1 HP!

Dan Kale continues looting the dead owl. He now has two owl halves.

Steal some useful items. Preferabaly armour. (I'm going to go with the... British Scumbag Personality.(AKA: I'll steal everyone else shit if it's pretty enough. But I'll make sure to do it gentlemanly.))
(?) Sir Lootington looks around for somebody wearing armor and finds absolutely nothing. Everybody in the bar is wearing a burlap sack. Everyone. There's a guy at the bar chatting up a hobgoblin, and they're both wearing burlap sacks. The buxom wench serving beer is wearing a burlap sack. The bouncers are all wearing burlap sacks. Hanging on the wall as a memento of some ancient dungeon delve is a blood splattered burlap sack.

Sir Lootington looks down and finds that he, too, is wearing a burlap sack. He looks back up and finds that everyone in the bar is staring at him as if he doesn't belong. As if he's an outsider masquerading as one of them. The room is eerily, impossibly quiet.

~☠~

Kobosh jolts awake, the bedsheets around him soaked with warm sweat. He sits up in bed and looks around; the dungeon seems awfully quiet.

"Finally, you're awake," The skeletal figure complains from its seat cross-legged on the floor some distance away. "You slept for hours. You should be more courteous to your psychopomp, not everybody gets this privilege. Unless you have any questions or you'd like to linger here a while longer and let things digest, you may name your challenge. I suggest a riddle contest, chess, or tic tac toe. You've probably heard what the deal is by now; I always go first."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (9/?) Turn 6: Our "Heroes" Turn The Tide
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2016, 11:49:09 pm »

Can I join?

Name: Tim.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2016, 11:49:27 pm »

Shit, I'm really sorry I missed turn. Should I post an action for it or react to the end result?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2016, 12:04:10 am »

Shit, I'm really sorry I missed turn. Should I post an action for it or react to the end result?
Go ahead and post an action, I'll just do a little mini-turn for it in the morning. Which is also when I'll roll up Tim.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2016, 01:57:12 am »

"Oh. Good morning there Mr Pomp. How about... How about a sight seeing contest? Yes."

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2016, 02:27:38 am »

((Also sorry for a missing a turn but work will do that))

I need a travelling companion. Wanna go... see the sights?

Enter dungeon with meatshieldgirlfriend and alcohol
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:30:55 am by Paphi »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2016, 03:37:39 am »

"VICTORY! I AM THE OWL SLAYER!"

Take the owl's head and wing as trophies, hanging it's head on my belt. I AM THE HEAD HUNTER! Oh, and make sure not to get rushed by an owl.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2016, 03:57:04 am »

"Why, hello everyone!" *cricket noises* "Ummm, do you want some tea and crumpets? I always carry some around with me." Attempt to give them tea and crumpets.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2016, 08:51:23 am »

*Jump in the back of the tiger atacking him yelling*

"ROOOOOOAAAAARRRRR"

roarslator: SURRENDER MY PET AND I SHALL SPARE YA LIFE

(If wasn't for the bloodlust he was going to just try to intimidate and make him bow to him and make the tiger his mount, but he has too much anger to just do that without using the knife)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2016, 09:53:47 am »

Diplomatize the owls some more. I will get a mighty steed whether the owls like it or not.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2016, 01:25:53 pm »

Can I join?

Name: Tim.
You are Tim, the Elf Wizard. No shit. You start with a boiled leather helmet with ram horns on the sides. Pick 4 Spells from the Wizard list.

Everybody start picking names that would be especially appropriate for certain classes and races. The dice know, somehow.

Waiting on Sialia and S34N1C for the turn.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2016, 05:18:46 pm »

Try to guilt trip the owl about attacking us. He got his friends splattered for nothing! Offer him friendship. 

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2016, 06:43:34 pm »

((Also sorry for a missing a turn but work will do that))

I need a travelling companion. Wanna go... see the sights?

Enter dungeon with meatshieldgirlfriend and alcohol
(2) Fred tries to convince his hobgoblin girlfriend to follow him into the dungeon, but she doesn't want to go and promises to wait for him so they can raise a family of beautiful hobgoblin children together. Bidding her a tearful farewell, he treks down to the hill with a small cask of whiskey under his arm.

"Why, hello everyone!" *cricket noises* "Ummm, do you want some tea and crumpets? I always carry some around with me." Attempt to give them tea and crumpets.
(3) Nobody eats the tea and crumpets, but they seem confused enough to discount Sir Lootington as a harmless foreigner trying to fit in. They go back to their background noise chatter.

Looks like Fred has left for the dungeon; Tim and Sir Lootington are free to go as well, or they can stay and hang out and wait for some more fighter meatshields to show up.

T   U   R   N        7

"VICTORY! I AM THE OWL SLAYER!"

Take the owl's head and wing as trophies, hanging it's head on my belt. I AM THE HEAD HUNTER! Oh, and make sure not to get rushed by an owl.
Azet bedecks himself in severed body parts. With some time, he could probably fashion himself the fearsome outfit of an Owl Knight from these items. Head swimming with fantasies of painted beauties throwing garlands upon him in the lands of the Owl Knights, he enters a defensive stance and attempts to parry the claws of the owl that inevitably rushes towards him. (7, target 5) The owl claws sink into his ears, lacerating them in an odd pattern that will probably allow him to get free drinks at taverns frequented by adventurers in his old age. -2 HP!

(I forgot to write this one in at first since no one else has really done anything defensive this entire time, but Azet rolled a 5 for his defense action, the target number was 4.)

Diplomatize the owls some more. I will get a mighty steed whether the owls like it or not.
(2) Skeliborn tries being pushy and leaping on top of an owl and riding it. It squawks angrily and spins its head 180 degrees around to bite his face. (9, target 5) -3 HP!

Try to guilt trip the owl about attacking us. He got his friends splattered for nothing! Offer him friendship. 
(2) Owls are notorious for not being able to feel guilt or remorse. The beast feigns repentance for a few moments, eyes going wide and dewy as it reaches a conciliatory claw to Gaila in a gesture of friendship. The thief feels her heart melt and reaches out to hold it. The claw suddenly tightens around her hand and yanks her to the floor, where talons viciously gouge into her face, leaving deep jagged lacerations around the orbits of her eyes! (6, target 5) -2 HP!

Dan Kale grins fatuously as he watches this scene unfold.

Meanwhile...
*Jump in the back of the tiger atacking him yelling*

"ROOOOOOAAAAARRRRR"

roarslator: SURRENDER MY PET AND I SHALL SPARE YA LIFE

(If wasn't for the bloodlust he was going to just try to intimidate and make him bow to him and make the tiger his mount, but he has too much anger to just do that without using the knife)
Il Duce leaps onto the tiger's back and rides the lightning, the great cat leaping around the room and snarling in rage as the berserker drives his blade into the base of the beast's spine. (4, target 5) Or actually, to the side of the beast's spine. To the side of the beast in general, really. The tiger slams against a wall, hoping to crush the vile waterfowl and knock him off his roost! (12, target 7) The tiger succeeds and pounces upon Il Duce, a flurry of rending claws tearing into him as the beast mauls him! -8 HP!

Just then, Fred the Human Tourist walks into the room and sees the duck being mauled.

~☠~

"Oh. Good morning there Mr Pomp. How about... How about a sight seeing contest? Yes."
"A sight seeing contest? Hah! I have been around for thousands of years!" The skeleton rises to its feet, arms raised in a grandiose gesture. "I have seen sights, I have been places that you can only dream of! My appreciation of art and history is superhuman, my enjoyment of fine works unparalleled! Very well, let us see the sights." The skeleton walks over to the iron door, gazing with interest at the craftsmanship. It opens it carefully, pausing to savor the feeling of the well-worked but rustic doorknob before striding into the corridor. It stops almost immediately inside, beckoning to Kobosh as it turns to look at a fresco painted on the stone, skeletal hand reaching up to tap contemplatively on its mandible.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:41:21 pm by inaluct »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15