Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (3/?) Turn ?: Interest Check on Possible Return  (Read 19994 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (7/?) Turn Five: The Situation Worsens
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2016, 11:07:02 am »

((Am I in? Am confus))

Continue drinking and casually mingle.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2016, 11:12:43 am »

Kobosh the Red Destroyer will elbow the Damn owl in the face, infusing his elbow with the mystic power of his headpants.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2016, 11:17:40 am »

WTF? I wanted to go PAST the owls, not run AWAY from them! WHY THE HELL WOULD I GO INTO A ROOM FULL OF FUCKING TIGERS! Now I'm DEAD. :( I'm not mad, I'm mostly laughing my ass off, but still... Run TO the OWLS, then run PAST them, NOT in the OTHER DIRECTION of them, understood?
Fixing it. Relax.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2016, 11:19:07 am »

WTF? I wanted to go PAST the owls, not run AWAY from them! WHY THE HELL WOULD I GO INTO A ROOM FULL OF FUCKING TIGERS! Now I'm DEAD. :( I'm not mad, I'm mostly laughing my ass off, but still... Run TO the OWLS, then run PAST them, NOT in the OTHER DIRECTION of them, understood?
Fixing it. Relax.
YAY!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2016, 11:38:46 am »

Diplomatize the owls. Get my own mighty steed.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2016, 11:41:30 am »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T   U   R   N        ☃
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whoops. Retcon. Time warp noises occur.

Urist successfully runs past the owls, narrowly avoiding their claws as he passes through the doorway and they break off to go peck at Dan Kale for corpse desecration. He enters into an extremely tiny room (+4 points!) dominated by a spiral staircase made of iron, towering up out of sight. An iron door is set in each wall. He takes a couple steps, and a chute opens underneath him!

Razors line the chute, and he is sliced to ribbons as he plummets down to the next level! +4 points! -11 HP! His mangled semi-exploded body lands hard, splattering gore all over a room with a doorway set into the north wall. Suddenly, another chute opens underneath him, and he slides through another set of razors to another new level! -15 HP!

Far below, on level B2, a tiny room full of teacup dragons squawks in terror and anger as small pieces of dwarf and oozing droplets of gore rain down on them. +4 points! Urist is now in the lead, with 16 points!

His name was UrisMcUristBearded. His name was UrisMcUristbearded!

Meanwhile...

All of a sudden, a tiger found itself swiping at nothing. It growled, spun around, and leaped towards the alpha-duck barbarian's throat! (4, target 7) It missed comically, thudding into the wall.

((Am I in? Am confus))

Continue drinking and casually mingle.
You're not in, unless you want to go wander into the dungeon entrance. Otherwise, you'll hang out in the tavern until a new party assembles.

(6) There's a really cute hobgoblin. You drink margaritas with her and you both fall madly in love. She's super clingy and she has to drink through a straw because her tusks are too big.

~~~~~~~~~~
I love this dungeon generator. Oh god.

Note: If nobody beats 16 points, Urist can still technically win the round.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:48:14 am by inaluct »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (8/?) Turn ☃: Somebody Got Killed By Traps
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2016, 11:58:44 am »

10/10, I GOT TO THE LEAD BY DIEING, I'M LAUGHING SO HARD IT HURTS, I SERIOUSLY SHOULDN'T BE LAUGHING THIS GOD DAMN HARD!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2016, 12:32:19 pm »

10/10, I GOT TO THE LEAD BY DIEING, I'M LAUGHING SO HARD IT HURTS, I SERIOUSLY SHOULDN'T BE LAUGHING THIS GOD DAMN HARD!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Rube Goldberg Device - Fall victim to two or more traps in a row on the same turn.
Perk: Can choose the Thief class for subsequent characters if class is chosen before character is rolled.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2016, 01:35:46 pm »

Now that i've stopped laughing, I would like to have a new character.
Name: Sir Lootington
Class: Thief

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2016, 01:38:26 pm »

Now that i've stopped laughing, I would like to have a new character.
Name: Sir Lootington
Class: Thief
Sir Lootington the Dwarf Thief rolls up to the bar and walks inside casually, waiting around for more adventurers for another party.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2016, 01:55:27 pm »

Steal some useful items. Preferabaly armour. (I'm going to go with the... British Scumbag Personality.(AKA: I'll steal everyone else shit if it's pretty enough. But I'll make sure to do it gentlemanly.))
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 02:03:17 pm by TankKit »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »

"CHEEKY OWL. STAND STILL. I DO NOT LIKE YOU."
Attempt to cleave the owl once more
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2016, 04:58:39 pm »

The pain, the blood splatering, the pain, the will to live, it looks at the face of the tiger who recently attacked him and let a might

"ROOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR"

(Wait, what?)

Roarslator: Hey you have some lemonade?

*bloodlust activated, let the slashing begins*

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2016, 06:35:41 pm »

Let's try again in attacking that scary owl.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2016, 08:46:27 pm »

Just waiting for Dan Kale, since his actions could have a pretty significant effect on the tactical situation.

Oh, also, I made a mistake earlier and didn't award Urist his points for running into the corridor, which counts as a separate room. So he's actually at 20 points right now, which puts him at level 2! Wooo!

When you level up, you get to choose one of the following things, as per the rules:
Code: [Select]
1. Add 1d6 points to a character’s Health rating.
2. Replenish two Special Abilities of the type allowed for their character.
3. Lower the character’s Attack rating by one (to a minimum rating of 3).
4. Raise the character’s Defense rating by one (to a maximum rating of 11).
5. Raise a character’s Speed, Power, or Intellect rating by one point.
I don't find any of these to be particularly compelling choices, so feel free to ask for something else when you level up. Either way, Urist gets to pick one of these, not that it's gonna do him any good at this point. If he had ended up anywhere from 0 to -5 hit points, I'd probably have him get back up if he chose HP and made it back into the positives.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:57:17 pm by inaluct »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15