Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (3/?) Turn ?: Interest Check on Possible Return  (Read 19918 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (7/7) Turn One: Into the Dungeon
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2016, 10:54:35 am »

It's not a combat turn and the amount of money at stake is ridiculously measly, so I'm gonna progress the game rather than waiting for the last two people. In the interest of fairness and because it costs nothing, I'll just treat this as if Skeliborn and Il Duce make at least a halfhearted and nominal attempt to pick up some money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T   U   R   N        2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

are these pictures loading for you dudes?
i should download GIMP or something

Gather up as many of the gold coins as I can before the others seeing. Then, when the others enter, request we split the remainder evenly. I also vote we move to the north corridor.
Gaila reaches down and grabs one gold coin, and then proposes to the other adventurers that they should split this pile of 6 gold pieces evenly. Il Duce, the duck barbarian, manages to grab two coins by walking over and sitting on them.

Ooh! Ninjaed myself. Kobosh snatches up some coins and retakes his rightful last position.
Kobosh sprints up desperately from way in the back, slipping into a baseball slide and scooping up a single gold coin. Once the scuttling fray resolves, he hides in the back behind Dan Kale.

Try to grab coins
The newcomer asserts himself by dashing up to the money and grabbing a gold coin in the shuffle!

Pass my turn watching everyone else fumble for the measly 6 coins
Azet stands and watches, above it all. [+1 Dignity!]

Pray that whoever gest the most money trips just at the right spot to end up accidentally throwing coins into my hand. Thank them for their generosity. Smile like this :D.
Urist starts praying loudly in his dwarf language while everybody else grabs the money. At the end of his prayer he grins beneficently.

Loot The Room. Also Take Pictures of The Room. (I am a tourist after all)
Skeliborn dives into the shuffle and snatches up a gold coin, still having time left over to snap a few pictures of the room.

One picture shows a hewn limestone wall.

Another picture shows a dogpile of adventurers scrambling for a paltry amount of money. A human thief in a crazy feathered headdress picks up a gold coin while she addresses the rest of the party, her free hand held out in a gesture of compromise. A stubby muscular halfling, wide eyed and sweaty, plucks a coin from the ground. A man in red underpants and a santa hat does a baseball slide on his hip towards the coins. A duck sits in the middle of the fray, looking completely oblivious. A dwarf robed in priestly vestments prays devoutly over the scuffle, hands raised in supplication to his god. Off to the side, a particularly short and foreign man watches the earthy scene, a sneer of disgust twisted across his face.

KA-CHING! Roleplay bonus! {+1 score!}
---------

The party senses that it is time to move on from the room, through one of the locked wooden doors. Remember, Gaila has lockpicks.

Inventory and points scoreboard updated!

MARCHING ORDER:
1. Gaila, Thief
2. Urist Mc Urist Beard Etc., Priest
3. Il Duce, Berserker
4. Skeliborn, Tourist
5. Azet Azirkan, Tourist
6. Dan Kale, Warrior
7. Kobosh the Destroyer, Tourist
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:57:24 am by inaluct »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (7/?) Turn Two: Scrabbling for Coins
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2016, 11:10:21 am »

...Could you please say the roles, like (1) for example? It's really bugging me not knowing my rolls. Go wherever everyone else goes. If light is needed then bring it. If darkness (for some reason) is needed, then bring it. If gold is there, then pray that I get all of it (I assume praying for stuff does work, right? If not then just try to get as much gold as possible.)
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2016, 11:50:27 am »

...Could you please say the roles, like (1) for example? It's really bugging me not knowing my rolls. Go wherever everyone else goes. If light is needed then bring it. If darkness (for some reason) is needed, then bring it. If gold is there, then pray that I get all of it (I assume praying for stuff does work, right? If not then just try to get as much gold as possible.)

You didn't make a roll. This isn't the kind of game where you write something like "I attempt to spontaneously become a god" and roll 1d6 and have a chance of that just magically working. This is game where the divine favors granted by your god are extremely clearly demarcated in the form of miracles that you chose off of a list. The source material positively drips with gamist parody, though I might try to remove that element in later rounds. If you roleplayed it out and wanted to do something really cool, I would have probably either made a roll or just made it happen anyway (like taking pictures of the room as a tourist), but if you want to steal people's gold, you're gonna have to actually do something to take it from them.

If this were a game where divinity worked differently, I would have probably considered having Armok manifest his displeasure and strike you blind or something. His name is Armok: God of Blood, not Armok: God of Greedy Smug Banalities. If you had worshiped the god of greedy smug banalities in that kind of a game, I totally would let you roll for praying to have your god steal petty amounts of money from your friends.

For an example of what would provoke a roll in this game, attempting to open a locked wooden door without using a lockpick ability would do it. You could say "I stick my dagger into a gap in the boards of the door and try to pry off a board," and I would roll 1d6 and treat it like a traditional roll to dodge roll. Or you could say "I rear back and kick in the door!" or any number of other creative methods of opening it that would result in a roll and different potential success/failure circumstances based on what method you chose.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2016, 01:21:45 pm »

Kobosh will DESTROY the northern door with a shoulder charge, and then run back to the rear.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 01:25:33 pm by lawastooshort »

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2016, 01:52:53 pm »

As someone is trying to shoulder charge the northern door I shall rearrange my feathers before strolling to the western door and calmly lockpicking it.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2016, 02:11:06 pm »

Kobosh will DESTROY the northern door with a shoulder charge, and then run back to the rear.
Hell yes. The game honestly isn't going to progress unless someone opens a door or everybody decides to leave the dungeon or start killing each other over gold pieces, so I'm gonna do this action now rather than making everyone wait until next turn.

[2] Kobosh sprints forward and lowers himself into a shoulder tackle, his body slamming into the northern door with a hard thud, shaking it in its frame. Unfortunately, the door stands solid. Thankfully, Kobosh is uninjured as he scurries back to the rear of the group. The party hears an animalistic snarling noise from the other side of the door.

As someone is trying to shoulder charge the northern door I shall rearrange my feathers before strolling to the western door and calmly lockpicking it.
Gaila approaches the door and kneels down, adjusting his feathers and inserting a set of lockpicks into the lock on the western door. A few quick turns, and a minute later it's open! The door creaks as it slowly swings open by itself, revealing...

A naturally formed limestone chamber, roughly 250' in total floor area, with an iron door set into the far wall. Sitting on the floor is a solitary bejeweled ring.

Want to lead the party into the next room, Gaila? Anybody want to break marching order and run ahead? This is a game that's all about people breaking marching order to run ahead because they're greedy, just letting you guys in on the secret.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2016, 02:18:04 pm »

What about what I did?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2016, 02:21:44 pm »

What about what I did?
Nobody has left the room and nobody has identified a need for light or darkness, so you did nothing.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2016, 02:22:57 pm »

What about what I did?
Nobody has left the room and nobody has identified a need for light or darkness, so you did nothing.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD(Find it.)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2016, 02:32:24 pm »

What about what I did?
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD(Find it.)
Urist sees the ring in the other room. If no one tries to do the same, he'll bolt ahead out of marching order and get to it first automatically on the next turn. Just waiting to see what everyone else will do.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2016, 03:15:32 pm »

I am largely unavailable today. NPC me for now if you keep moving on.

Merry Christmas!
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2016, 03:30:42 pm »

Kobosh the Destroyer willl
 shoulder charge his way to Position One and grab the damned ring even though it's clearly a trap. He will shoulder charge any rivals, and then carry right on through to shoulder charge the Damn north western door. And then get safely back to Position Seven.

"Let's make shoulder charging great again!" he will shout, prominently thrusting his red underpants forwards as he runs.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 03:32:38 pm by lawastooshort »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2016, 05:12:29 pm »

Sorry for not showing up. Christmas and all that got me busy.

So,me and dukington waits for the next dungeon? Or he can realize he spent too much time claiming that he is a real elf and not a duck and run to the dungeon and say:

"Quack.quack?QUACK!quack. quack" ?

Translation: "Duki wanna join, duki wanna smash. Duki can join? IF NOT I WILL SMASH YOUR FACE! oh sorry, i got overwhelmed. angry issues..."

(Oh and the gift, hmmm metal elf ears of agression? giving attack or power?)

(Oh by the way, how i got gold/points if i didn't entered the dungeon yet? :V)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2016, 06:15:11 pm »

Sorry for not showing up. Christmas and all that got me busy.

So,me and dukington waits for the next dungeon? Or he can realize he spent too much time claiming that he is a real elf and not a duck and run to the dungeon and say:

"Quack.quack?QUACK!quack. quack" ?

Translation: "Duki wanna join, duki wanna smash. Duki can join? IF NOT I WILL SMASH YOUR FACE! oh sorry, i got overwhelmed. angry issues..."

(Oh and the gift, hmmm metal elf ears of agression? giving attack or power?)

(Oh by the way, how i got gold/points if i didn't entered the dungeon yet? :V)

You're in the dungeon, I've just been having you sort of chill out and do the obvious (get in the only free spot left in marching order, grab money when the opportunity arises). Take a look at the picture map with the little colorful @'s on it. You're one of those.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2016, 06:26:05 pm »

I will snatch the ring provided no one else has seen it. I am after all a polite and chivalrous thief (in front of everyone else) and would not want to take something someone had already laid their eyes on.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15