Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (3/?) Turn ?: Interest Check on Possible Return  (Read 19909 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@

ROGUELIKE is a game about storming into a dungeon with a bunch of other untrustworthy tomb robbing scum and killing everything that you can, smashing and grabbing as much treasure as possible before you inevitably get wasted by a lich or something. It is not meant to be taken seriously.

The game is particularly low effort on the player end: all characters are randomly generated and all you need to do to play is fill out this character sheet:
Code: [Select]
Name:And I'll handle the rest.

If you're an elf, a wizard, or a priest, you'll also have to choose some spells after that, but all of the races and classes are as of now rolled randomly, so don't worry about it yet.

CURRENT CHARACTERS

Spoiler: Fred, Human Owl Knight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sir Loot, Elf Warrior (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vivienne, Troll (click to show/hide)

STILL PREPARING FOR ADVENTURE
Spoiler: Theta, Elf Warrior (click to show/hide)

CARRIED AWAY TO BE TORTURED BY THE INQUISITORS OF ONG

ESCAPED THE DUNGEON ALIVE

The Graveyard
Rows of pale headstones line the path, springy grayish grass growing up between them. The gnarled limbs of twisted black trees reach up like infernal pikes towards the sky. You recognize some of the names.

URISMCURISTBEARDED
Fled from vicious dungeon owls into a room with a trapped razor chute. Fell down the razor chute, hit another one at his destination, and fell down that one too. Rest in pieces. He is survived by his score of 16 20 points.

KOBOSH THE DESTROYER
Killed by the aforementioned owls.

DUKINGTON IZIDETHAE
Murderously shanked when he was weak by Fred the Human Tourist after single-handedly killing three tigers.

GAILA
Opened a closet full of death platypi and was devoured by them as they avalanched outward.
Spoiler: Gaila, Human Thief (click to show/hide)

SKELIBORN
Passed away after a prolonged struggle with dungeon owls.

SIR LOOTINGTON
Stabbed by Fred the Tourist, then accidentally stabbed by himself, then finished off with a lightning bolt from Tim the Enchanter.

TIM
Ancient god-lich opposed by coalition of the surface world's greatest heroes. Sealed away in a magic crystal, but not without the heroes giving their lives to stop him and save the world.
Spoiler: Tim, Elf Wizard (click to show/hide)

STEVE
Brilliant archmage who died in the sorcerous final confrontation with the wraithlord wizard Tim. Killed with powerful death spell.
Spoiler: Steve, Elf Wizard (click to show/hide)

AZET AZIRKAN
Fabled owl-warrior who perished in the aforementioned climactic final battle against the evil sorceror. Saved the future of the surface world by choosing to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Owls are known to frequently leave offerings at the site of this cenotaph.

QUERINT
Champion duck warrior who stood alongside other heroes in their confrontation with the dark sorceror lich king Tim. Perished in the battle. His sacrifice led to the recognition of ducks as a civilized race.

ELF WIZARD SPELLS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
PRIEST SPELLS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POINTS LEADERBOARD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

32 points - Gaila (posthumous)
29 points - Azet Azirkan (posthumous)
25 points - Tim (posthumous)
23 points - Fred
21 points - Dukington Izidethae (posthumous)
20 points - UrisMcUristBearded (posthumous)
15 points - Kobosh the Red (posthumous)
10 points - Dan Kale (escaped!)
7 points - Skeliborn (posthumous)

Bookkeeping rule: If you catch a bookkeeping error that I made (like not updating a score or a level, calculating hitpoints wrong, not noting a death on the score leaderboard, or anything like that), you get 1 point.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 03:46:13 pm by inaluct »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (0/?)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 08:40:09 pm »

Name: Skeliborn
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (0/?)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 08:55:54 pm »

Name: Skeliborn
You are mighty Skeliborn, the Human Tourist.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (1/?)
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 09:03:45 pm »

Name: Gaila

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 09:05:57 pm »

Name: Dukington Izidethae

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 09:16:15 pm »

Name: Gaila
You are Gaila, the Human Thief.

Name: Dukington Izidethae

You are Dukington Izidethae, the Elf Barbarian. Pick one spell from the list that I'm editing into the first post. It'll be a minute.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (3/?)
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 09:28:48 pm »

Unblocker                                  NA     Dissipates magic barricade created using the spell “Blocker”.

-Silly mages shouldn't and can't hide from my QUACKING DAGGER OF RUST.

(By the way, single use you are saying is single use per dungeon right? or day?)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 10:14:55 pm »

Unblocker                                  NA     Dissipates magic barricade created using the spell “Blocker”.

-Silly mages shouldn't and can't hide from my QUACKING DAGGER OF RUST.

(By the way, single use you are saying is single use per dungeon right? or day?)

It's per dungeon. Characters realistically are all expected to die in the dungeon or maybe retire happily and farm sheep or something, with players just making a new one next round.

Every time you level up you get to pick a new special ability of the type allowed by your race and class, so when your Elf Barbarian levels up you can pick another Berserk or another spell. For the sake of making Unblocker great again, I'm just gonna make it work on magic barriers and any other barriers in your way.

Note: Human Tourists are unique in that they do not have any special abilities. That's lame and not fun, so I'm just gonna let whoever levels up a Human Tourist make something up and roll with it.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 01:58:51 am »

Name: Azet Azirkan
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 02:07:52 am »

Name: Kobosh the Destroyer

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 07:27:18 am »

Name: UrisMcUristBearded
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 01:38:43 pm »

Name: Azet Azirkan
You are Azet Azirkan, Hairfoot Tourist. You're weak because you're a Hairfoot Tourist, but it should be remarked that you have a one time use healing ability that heals 4d6 HP. Which is obviously a pretty large amount.

Name: Kobosh the Destroyer
You are powerful and dangerous Kobosh the Destroyer, Human Tourist. 1/6 characters are Tourists. It's pretty unlikely that we would have this many Tourists. Maybe I'll tweak this in later rounds or do something to Make Tourists Great Again. I just want to emphasize that being lucky or particularly backstabby could lead even random Human Tourists to real ultimate power.

Name: UrisMcUristBearded
You are UrisMcUristBearded, the Dwarf Priest. Damn. Talk about appropriate dice rolls. You need to pick five miracles from the Priest list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T   U   R   N        0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We now have six adventurers (almost) ready to go, which I think is a fair amount that leaves you with a decent chance of survival. You are all in a notional tavern, and you have a couple decisions to make.

1. Are you ready to go? It's a yes or a no. Decide if your crew has enough people with enough varied abilities and say if the party is ready to hit the dungeon yet or if you guys want to wait for more people. If this game goes well I'll probably let people in future rounds decide to drop out of the party and wait at the tavern for a new party to assemble, but for now it's just gonna be all or nothing. If more than half of the crew wants to roll out, everyone's getting dragged along. Make a post and tell me if you want to GO or WAIT.

2. Decide marching order. This is the order that you will enter the dungeon and walk around in. It will effect a few things:
a. When combat happens in an enclosed space, who's in the front rank?
b. When the party encounters a trap, who goes in first? Note: Thieves have a chance to spot and disarm traps, but all other adventurers blunder into them.
c. When you walk in on something good, like a treasure chest, this influences who can make physical contact between the gold and their fat little grubby hands first.

You can change up marching order later if you want, as the party sees fit. For now, there are six spaces: 1  2  3  4  5  and  6. Comment in your post which position you want, or write DON'T CARE.

Your post can include whatever kind of witty banter or vitriolic braggadocio you want, but part of it should look like this:
Quote from: master inaluct professional adventurer
GO
Or like this:
Quote from: some coward
WAIT
Or whatever number it is that you want.

You're all aware of the dungeon nearby. It's on the other side of a wooden door, set in the side of a small, grassy hill.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 04:25:03 pm by inaluct »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE: @ Murderhoboes (6/?)
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 01:51:14 pm »

I'll take the Hawaiin T-shirt option and spot number 4
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 01:56:32 pm »

I'll take the Hawaiin T-shirt option and spot number 4
Got it. Updating your sheet now. Do you think the party is ready to GO or that they should WAIT for more people?

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2016, 02:33:30 pm »

I will take spot 1 and would like to go.

I would also like a cool feathered hat. Seems fair if he gets a Hawaiian shirt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15