Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Map Builder  (Read 9646 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Map Builder
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2017, 09:02:28 am »

Claiming/Dibsing/Staking.

Added a mysterious blast door made out of the same reddish metal, as well as a console.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:19:18 am by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2017, 10:57:18 am »

Tankit, remember those Force Fields you'd added, just left of the Dam? Considering the proximity to the Dam, it seems like it would make more sense for them to be water pipes in the background, rather than the force fields you initially claimed they were. Would I be allowed to change their interpretation like this, or not? If not, could they simply be water-based force fields? If, instead, I could, would you mind if I changed a single pixel or two for the 'force field' in the top right to integrate it better into my image?
Sure!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2017, 10:59:34 am »

If I may ask, with what we have on the map right now, what do you think the 'story' is?

Avanti!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2017, 11:09:26 am »

If I may ask, with what we have on the map right now, what do you think the 'story' is?
Hmmm...
Glacora. The shithole from hell. Once, it was nothing but a small little town, then aliens came and started mashing different realities together to make This. But, while it may be a shitehole, it's my shithole. This would be the description of the main protaganist of this map, who I've already made a bunch of stuff about in a word file quite a few pages long. His full name's Chris Jamie Tom.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2017, 11:10:12 am »

Wubba Lubba Dib Dib.

Added a machine to siphon the water that leaves the power plant into a piping system. The 'barriers' just under it in the cave are actually water pipes in the background. There's a metal rail separating the hydroelectric facility from the nearby property, since I don't think civilians would normally be allowed there. Besides, one could climb over the fence, though it would definitely require a roll. There's a bench, in case one wanted to take in the view..and/or duck.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:45:48 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2017, 11:59:21 am »

Dibbing

Added some sky and a couple of paratroopers.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:06:55 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2017, 12:44:52 pm »

Dib.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2017, 01:11:30 pm »

I Call the next Dibs.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2017, 01:39:48 pm »

WAIT! I just finished mine! Give me a few minutes, and I'll put it up!

Edit: Here it is
I started up on an underground lab. The laboratory floor, floor 1, currently has a large screen and desk (making a tiny lobby) on the left, computer terminals on an upper sub-floor in the middle and right, a few unknown compounds in beakers, and steps to the sub-floor. There's an elevator to other floors, too. Floor B1, the barracks and living quarters, currently has a kitchen on it's upper sub-floor, with refrigerator and oven, as well as a small counter and a table.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:56:46 pm by OceanSoul »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2017, 02:18:15 pm »

Scibby Dibby Doo

Let's get an underground river going
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:30:59 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2017, 02:41:13 pm »

Dab.
Floor 1 now has a mysterious..something suspended in liquid. Is it alive? Whatever it is, everything's fine, as shown by the green lights. There is a wire connecting it to the main computer, and a pipe for the oxygenated liquid connecting to..nothing, yet. Down on floor B1, there's now 20 beds (5 bunk beds on the fore and back side of the room (1/2 are hidden), a living room with couch, chairs (x2, once again, one is hidden), and a television, multiple chairs and desks, and a vending machine. On the right is a storage room, with multiple crates and some big, brown, furry animal in a cage.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:07:07 pm by OceanSoul »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2017, 03:08:07 pm »

DIBS

A sailing ship on the dam reservoir
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:26:17 pm by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2017, 03:10:17 pm »

Wow, took exactly a minute for someone to take the next dibs from me. Huh.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2017, 03:11:20 pm »

I Call Dibs After Gwolfski.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2017, 03:33:06 pm »

Y'know, when this single big map is done, I could see a dungeon-based one where everyone makes a pixel-art layout of dungeon rooms. 4-6 squares big on average, though people could work on larger dungeon rooms. Someone could connect the rooms and make an actual dungeon for a forum game. It could be an infinite dungeon, maybe. Thing is, how would loot and monsters be generated?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8