Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Map Builder  (Read 9651 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: Map Builder
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 04:36:55 pm »

Right click the image and "Save" it. Then, go to where it was stored. Right click it again, and there should be an "Edit" option. Click that, and it should open it in Paint. Then, to get it back in the thread, upload it to the image storage of your choice (I use imgur) and copy+paste the image address link into the IMG tags
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2017, 04:51:25 pm »

Dibbing again, in order to neatly patch the dam into the rest of what we've got.

Well, I just added the inside of the dam, which I may or may not have done correctly. Got the 'turbine', as well as some capacitor banks.
Note: The water should prolly flow into some kind of pond, or somewhere in the caves.

Note 2: If I may ask, from the stuff we've made so far, what do you believe the most interesting part is?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:16:19 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 04:58:28 pm »

Dibbing again, in order to neatly patch the dam into the rest of what we've got.

Why thank you. I was worried about that, but couldn't fit it in four boxes without it looking rather malformed.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 05:20:19 pm »

Before I download it, will MS Paint have any compatibility issues on a Mac?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2017, 05:37:23 pm »

Well, google seems to say 'no'.

Avanti!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 06:07:01 pm »

Well, everything I try seems to say 'yes'. I'm not sure what image modification program could manipulate the image on a small enough scale as to be viable for this game..
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 06:17:38 pm »

Well, everything I try seems to say 'yes'. I'm not sure what image modification program could manipulate the image on a small enough scale as to be viable for this game..

Have you tried Gimp?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2017, 07:44:58 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. GIMP works great! Also, Dibs.

Started off by expanding on the cave. Added a short ladder down, where some mechanical door blocks the way on the right, while what looks like a bit of mineshaft can be accessed on the left.

Just curious, will the game involve dungeons, Tankit?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 08:09:39 pm by OceanSoul »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2017, 08:30:59 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion. GIMP works great! Also, Dibs.
Image cut to save space.
Started off by expanding on the cave. Added a short ladder down, where some mechanical door blocks the way on the right, while what looks like a bit of mineshaft can be accessed on the left.

Uh, I'm sorry, but you're not using the most recent image. I edited in more of the dam, which doesn't seem to be in yours.

Avanti!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2017, 08:36:32 pm »

Dam! It was such a simple mistake..Anyone know how to copy and paste parts of an image in GIMP?

Edit: Figured it out. This image should be right.
Edit2: Huh. Where did that black bar come from?
Edit3: NOW I got it.
Like I said in the other post, I expanded on the cave system. There's a small rope latter down, from the bottom of which you can find a mechanical door on the right (seemingly controlled my the above machine), and some remains of a mineshaft to the left. Instead of the ladder, there's a rope to swing on to head left, though it may be risky.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:08:59 pm by OceanSoul »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 12:52:22 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 04:25:24 am »

At first I was thinking maybe this could be a 2D exploration thing,  but the more I think about it the more ideas I get.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2017, 05:00:18 am »

Mind if I try and think up some potential games?
-Competitive arena fight where each player picks a set of movement abilities to explore the world for loot to help them fight others/access more of the map for better loot.
-Cooperative tower defence-ish game where players start at a fixed point of interest and must defend it from monsters that spawn at other nearby fixed points. Area is slowly claimed by the players, allowing for new weapons/buildable-structures/materials/classes/etc. to be found and used.
-PvP Team-based land claiming game. Each team tries to access and destroy the other team's bases, and the last one with a base wins. Tiles could be claimable for each team, usable for gathering resources, placing/using helpful structures, etc. Certain points of interest could be claimable as bases, while others would be mini-bases, controlling nearby land for one's team.
-Battleship-esque PVP where each player picks 2 or 3 tiles on the map for use as their own personal base. They can respawn/heal at any of their bases, and to defeat a player, one must destroy all their bases. However, which tiles are bases are hidden from all other players, and must be searched for by other players. Tiles chosen as bases affect one's move pool, and moves might weaken as one loses their bases.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:07:04 am by OceanSoul »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 06:38:41 am »

I could also use this as the basis for a proper world instead of just 2D... you know, I'm probabaly going to end up using this for alot of things...
Anyway, Picture!

Added a crashed alien spaceship and a mecha fighting some very small humans.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:08:55 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 08:30:05 am »

Tankit, remember those Force Fields you'd added, just left of the Dam? Considering the proximity to the Dam, it seems like it would make more sense for them to be water pipes in the background, rather than the force fields you initially claimed they were. Would I be allowed to change their interpretation like this, or not? If not, could they simply be water-based force fields? If, instead, I could, would you mind if I changed a single pixel or two for the 'force field' in the top right to integrate it better into my image?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8