Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Rapid Fire Spacefaring Spider Empire  (Read 4305 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid Fire Spacefaring Spider Empire
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2017, 04:34:07 pm »

The survey also confirms that none of the planetary bodies has a large amount of helium-3.
I think you mean one?

? No it has other valuable minerals, but nothing significant deposited from the star.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2017, 04:40:22 pm »

For some wild reason the idea of 'SPAMPROGRAM'* became nested in my head after reading too much of your game. Curse you, VoidSlayer :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2017, 04:53:14 pm »

For some wild reason the idea of 'SPAMPROGRAM'* became nested in my head after reading too much of your game. Curse you, VoidSlayer :P

I apologize for nothing!

Also I just realized I am not closing my abbr tags.

Shop talk:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2017, 05:09:17 pm »

A 1 To the space!
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2017, 06:38:29 pm »

The survey also confirms that none of the planetary bodies has a large amount of helium-3.
I think you mean one?

? No it has other valuable minerals, but nothing significant deposited from the star.
Oh, okay. I just thought it was weird you would specifically mention the lack of a thing.

Edit: and also the use of the word has instead of have.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:44:10 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2017, 09:47:40 pm »

A 3

I'm of the opinion, we need to look long term with the economy, while also keeping an eye on the population, and the other companies.  If we get the chance to eat/puppet the others, I say we take it. 

I have nothing against 1.  It's a great option, but I think trying to keep a grip over the populace is a bit more pressing. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2017, 10:10:35 pm »

Just a little question

year= year ok.
Leg = months?
but...
Age 8 of the female cycle... what? Ratric will change sex as it grows?
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2017, 10:18:58 pm »

Just a little question

year= year ok.
Leg = months?
but...
Age 8 of the female cycle... what? Ratric will change sex as it grows?

You clearly did not listen in broodling sex education or basic biology.  Want a refresh in the next update?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2017, 02:09:47 pm »

Of course  :D
Novice english wordsmith

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2017, 02:37:48 pm »

oooooooo
((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2017, 04:49:08 am »

A caravan of materials begins from the primary station to Zal-leg outpost.  In time it will repay the investment and one day may even be self sufficient but for now it is a slight drain on your finances.

In the meantime reams of print outs grace your web, trying to find a few good solutions to the many problems which plague the world.

Year 2, leg 4 of the Space Age

Atrician society is still very much in the grips of the biological needs of the reproduction cycle.  From the earliest times protecting broodlings in the first dozen years of their lives from the harsh radiation and dust of the surface was a major limiting factor.  Until filter sacs and a hardened exoskeleton form they need to be kept inside, and once only in the wirewood caves would they be able to mature.  The first fortress-cities were not for defense against each other, but for the broodlings out on the plains.

Learn, eat, grow.  Into the male form, in a dozen years or twenty.  Recent studies have shown that environments too free of radiation and dust leads to weaker males who never fully develop the defense mechanisms.  The male form is obsessed with fertilizing eggs once a clutch is laid by a female.  In past times this was a source of conflict, with few males surviving due to attrition.

Modern society started when cooperation began, rather then fighting for dominance instead providing gifts for the mother and children became constant.  The drive was harnessed to produce a hard working, ever growing populace seeking to get rich.

Of course there are those who are outside the gender dynamics.  The tertiary female cycle once brought only egg laying and caring for but now the heads of most divisions are female, decades of experience culminating in masters of their career.  Some do not mature through the same cycle, or rebel against it.  Such things are still not openly discussed, but it is more profitable to simply take the best employees, regardless of gender.

Brood mothers however have had a hard time getting out of their role.  Much too large to fit in most areas, covered in deadly blades, thick armor and acids and growing steadily more aggressive.  Most hang on to their positions long enough to secure their offspring's well being, particularly if they can work as mercenaries or leverage their fortune to assist.  It is traditionally the duty of a child to finally put down their maternal parent when the last vestige of sanity falls and they are turned on themselves.  Whole legal fields exist now to determine this of course, and few wealthy children do the work personally.

"Wait, why was this review relevant again?"  You ask your aide Nasauric.  They are a Ketheric, one who forestalls the male form with chemicals in order to continue learning and working with a 'clear mind' as they say.  It leads to an early death (or growing into a catch-spider) currently, but many choose this alternate form now that it is available in order to pursue an interest or career or because the male form change feels wrong to them.

"Underground rings have been discovered, where males fight, often to the death, in the old way.  Several different groups are sponsoring it, but it has lead to more aggression and conflict in the lower class and even skilled employees abandoning their positions.  One of the rings was broken up in this very hive-city!"

Yes, this seems like a good place to start trying to fix things.  Or turn a quick buck.

Choose one:
A) Sponsor universal education for the broodlings.  They are all your children now in a way. !!!
B) If they want to fight they can do it in the army.  Draft the poor, train them, then have the army units fight it out until the best is left.
C) What a great idea.  We can make a profit off this. Except it needs to be televised and have sponsored ads. 
D) Reduce disorder by beginning a campaign to encourage hard work among the male population and responsibility among the female.
E) Provide assistance for work and living for the most downtrodden so they are not forced into this kind of behavior.  !!!
F) Appeal to a council of broodmothers to put their moral and monetary might behind creating jobs and opportunities for the population. !!!

Note: Immoral choices go against your chosen ethics.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2017, 05:22:19 am »

Bloodsports? Cha-Ching! Keep the people 'happy' and make some cash on the side? Yes plz.

C
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2017, 05:51:14 am »

D

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2017, 06:37:14 am »

D
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6