Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Rapid Fire Spacefaring Spider Empire  (Read 4308 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid Fire Spacefaring Spider Empire
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 01:15:27 pm »

D. Easy extraction, bountiful resources if this belt is anything like ours.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2016, 01:24:58 pm »

No need to go too far out.

A
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2016, 02:52:41 pm »

A

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2016, 08:11:19 pm »

B could offer difficulties.  D offers plentiful, probably common ores, but we probably have need of a bit of everything.  A probably the same abundance of ores as what we can find on our own planet. 

A
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2016, 08:18:15 pm »

A
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 09:07:07 pm »

D
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2017, 01:30:44 am »

Before your daring, some said mad at the time, foray into rocketry little was known about the stars due to the constant thick layer of radioactive dust that covers Ratric.  Once the first pictures of Mother (a market tested name your focus group came up with) were shown though, the populace could not get enough space news.

You send the construction ships out to begin taking lots of pictures and samples from the closest neighbors that share your same planetary parent.  It is close by so results will be back shortly.

Year 1, leg 7 of the Space Age

No sooner are the ships away then disaster strikes.  The Apogee Artifact has been stolen.

The artifact is a chunk of some mysterious, probably alien, engine found by your early rocket program and secretly retrieved.  It has been the source of all the technology that has allowed such a rapid jump to the space age, from high yield rockets, light yet strong metals for hulls, ion engines, solar panels, advanced magnetic fields for your coil guns and of course the line drive itself.

It has been your greatest secret which of course the other major companies know about but never admitted to existing.  You have to admit security was likely lax.  Major breakthroughs from the machine had stopped and now it was used for testing and theorizing by only a small subset of your lab.

But who knows how much it could help in the future?  Or whose hands it might wind up in?  And how much will confidence in you be shaken if the truth is learned?

Choose one:

A) Activate the self destruct mechanism!  No one will get away with my property!
B) Offer the other corporations a large reward if they have information or it just 'happens' to show up.
C) Send in your shadow soldier forces to comb every possibility and uncover where it is and retrieve it.
D) Send the planetary defense forces to break into other companies on weak pretense to search for it.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2017, 02:46:54 am »

E. Every. Single. Thing.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2017, 04:14:51 am »

Our military is our strongest asset, and one that -at the moment- we have little use for. Our economy/happiness are far lower (which I interpret as being the costs of B and D respectively); therefore it only makes sense to choose

C

Carefulrogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2017, 11:19:13 am »

C. If another company wants to step on us, fine.  We'll step right back with an extra few legs.  If all else fails, activate A to slow down competition. 
I never thought genocide would look so cute. . .
No reason someone can be dorfed only once. An entire army of Carefulrogue! All in one coffin, it seems.
"Guys if you say 'oops sorry' afterwards it's not a war crime, right?"

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2017, 11:20:33 am »

Sneak thief shall lose and leg

C
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2017, 04:44:55 pm »

F
B,C, and D combined.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 04:58:45 pm »

E. Every. Single. Thing.
F
B,C, and D combined.
Just FYI, the game this is based on doesn't allow custom options, so this one likely doesn't either. You should vote for a single option, or your vote might get ignored.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2017, 04:21:42 pm »

The full might of your hidden military is activated.  While the militia and police stay back, special forces, think tanks, double agents, mercenary crews and deep programming operatives are activated.  While the general populace is unaware, your rivals sense something is happening and activate their own assets.  Soon a civil war breaks out in the shadows, operatives are burned, safe houses blown up, random things stolen for no reason.

Amidst the chaos a group known to you only as Fang Green 27 track the still activated detonator signal to a junk food factory.  They take out a few guards, grab the package and deliver it.  To one of your warehouses.  The professionals are paid off and the artifact secured in a deep vault.

Even though you withdraw your forces from the back alleys the fighting goes on over an unknown prize that is no longer there.  It will take some time for your and other shadow forces to rebuild.  The culprits are never truly found, the leads you follow only end up in burnt threads.

Despite the disorder, work on planning new infrastructure proceeds smoothly.  Some old systems of monorail and mega airships are found to be perfectly serviceable and will cut almost half a year off development.

Year 2, leg 1 of the Space Age

As the hatching celebrations are underway you review the year.

Unity 5
Economy 5
Technology 5
Military 6

Word comes back from the survey, one of the smaller companion moons is found to have a large amount of rare minerals.  The survey also confirms that none of the planetary bodies has a large amount of helium-3.  It seems the Mother protects all with a powerful magnetic field from the harsh rays of the home star. 

You order the ships to:

A) Begin construction of a mining outpost.
B) Return immediately and prepare to survey a new area.
C) Harvest what they can for now and return to orbit.

Plans are also under way to:
1) Construct a survey ship for science!
2) Expand the fleet, can't have too many guns.
3) Focus on what can be done to improve the home world.
4) Conserve resources, it is time to wait and not strike.

Also: Name the smaller moon if you want.

Note: Options not listed will not be considered (except for interesting narration)

Note 2: Content changed to Complacent to better indicate the negative aspects.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:27:14 pm by VoidSlayer »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2017, 04:31:14 pm »

The survey also confirms that none of the planetary bodies has a large amount of helium-3.
I think you mean one?

I don't know what we should do with the mining/construction ships. My gut says A... and now that I think about it, I think my gut is right. We don't need the short-term gains of C, we'd rather invest in the future. And I think that rare minerals and helium-3 are both quite important, so I'm not sure we could find a better location by doing another survey.

Anyway, with the economy doing better, it is time for science. The sooner we start exploring the cosmos, the sooner we can reap its rewards.

In sum;

A 1
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6