Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 37103 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2017, 01:51:12 pm »

"Yes, let us leave before nightfall. We cannot survive another night in the open."

Han Yu goes along with Fu Qyu. He takes Elise's body with him, so that she may be buried later on.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 09, 2017, 04:07:34 pm »

Prepare some weapons (Spears and the like for whatever siege awaits me.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2017, 12:17:07 am »

crazyabe, I regret to inform you that since you have not replied in due time, Xrasitas will be skipped. He will rest this turn and get a non-stacking bonus to his next roll.

[glow=indigo]Come on you guys. Let's not waste the evening. those things will be back by dusk, I'm sure. We need to find a defensible place. that, or get to that tower they told us about. let's stick together this time and fight together.[/glow]

Get these bodies to the fort before the next attack. May as well practice shooting again once I get there.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

You press on towards the tower mentioned by the crazy old man. On your way there, you find the remains of a dead dwarf, at least a week old. Also the corpse is repulsive and festering, you notice that its wounds are like those inflicted by a Hunter, only larger. You strip the Dwarf of his possessions.
You get

Blunt stick, +1 attack
Deer leather x 2
Sinew x 3
Sharp arrowhead x 1
Crappy leather armor, +1 defense, prone to breaking

You press onwards, continuing South. Eventually, you come to a great mountain chain, and stop. Here you set up camp, as night is falling. The mountains give you an uphill position with a wide view in all directions. You can actually make out the top of the tower you're headed to int he distance, although you can't quite judge its size.

Rest some more.

Follow Fu Qyu

You accompany Fu Qyu, wincing when you see the dead dwarf. You vaguely recall seeing him in the mountainhome... damn shame that he's passed on. You utter a quiet prayer for his soul before journeying onwards.

Julio goes with Fu Qyu.

You follow Fu Qyu, thinking to yourself about your experience in the forest when you meditated. When you set up camp on a steep mountain foothold, you reflect upon everything that's happened so far. You feel the magic in you now, a powerfully bright blue light...

"Yes, let us leave before nightfall. We cannot survive another night in the open."

Han Yu goes along with Fu Qyu. He takes Elise's body with him, so that she may be buried later on.

You scoop up Elise's prone form in your arms, when lieutenant Dàelen stops you.

"A true warrior's greatest honor is to die on the battlefield. Let her rest, Han Yu. She shall be avenged."

Although you normally try to mask your emotions, you can't help but feel a twinge of sadness when you lay the young girl back down. You dig a shallow grave for her and lay her in it before continuing on. You make a promise to yourself to return one day.

As you contemplate the frailty of life and mortality, something stirs within you, something ancient and powerful. You know it to be the dormant magic that Elise found that fateful night. You fitfully sleep, wondering if it could be you or Dàelen who is slain tomorrow, or perhaps even tonight.

Prepare some weapons (Spears and the like for whatever siege awaits me.)

You carve a few more spears out of wood and pile them up. You run out of wood, but you have over 30 spears by the time you're done. Unfortunately, they're too flimsy to work as melee weapons - all you have for now is your sturdy stick. You pray that you aren't attacked tonight.

~

TONIGHT WE CANNOT ATTACK, MASTER. REST ASSURED THAT WE WILL SECURE THE PENDANT FOR YOU, HOWEVER. THE FOOLS WHO OPPOSE US HAVE LOST THE ONLY ONE AMONG THEM WHO FOUND THE MAGICKS. WHEN OUR SCOUTS FIND THE MEDDLING FOOLS, WE WILL MAKE QUICK WORK OF THEM. IF NEED BE, WE WILL SHOW OUR TRUE FORM...

Day 11 has begun, beginning with the familiar old Turn 1!
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2017, 06:22:27 am »

Gather some rocks. Make a safer fire pit. Put some greenish wood in to act as a signal fire. As one tiny catch try to light the fire with my mind.(After all, wizards are cool) Should this fail resort to the normal method.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2017, 06:27:52 am »

"It may be convenient to set up camp in the mountains, for at least a day or two. It will help give us an idea of whether the enemy is omniscient or not. If another attack comes tonight, we can assume they always know where we are, and were just too busy recovering from the night before's attack to attack again tonight. If no attack comes at all, then it is entirely possible that they have no idea where we are.

... I've been thinking. These creatures show no fear of dying, and it seems they possess the bodies of the already dead. I wonder... why is that? Do they lack any kind of corporeal body?
"

Julio scouts around the peaks for a small cave, or any resources whatsoever.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2017, 07:59:14 am »

"So we should have magic now? Wonder how that works."

Attempt to raise a stone wall around the temporary base using magic.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2017, 04:44:57 pm »

Han Yu scouts the tower with Dàelen (trying not to get noticed).

((Did my sleep bring up my hp?))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2017, 04:59:46 pm »

I Look for a Sharper Rock to Sharpen my Wood with
Spoiler: Xrasitas (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2017, 05:00:20 pm »

Both of those are good questions. It seems like Elise figured out how the magic worked, a little. and these enemy are called Shadow Wraiths, so they may very well be, I don't know, like ghosts or something.

Hey, can any of you guys use this stuff I have? You are welcome to it. I'm going to look about for allies and to check out the land around here a little."

Fu will, once again, scout out the area. meanwhile, he'll contemplate death and magic.

[/quote]

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 10, 2017, 09:10:04 pm »

Gather some rocks. Make a safer fire pit. Put some greenish wood in to act as a signal fire. As one tiny catch try to light the fire with my mind.(After all, wizards are cool) Should this fail resort to the normal method.

You gather up some rock, and line them up around your fire pit to reduce the chances of a fire. This, in turn, allows you to build a bigger fire without worry. You try setting some saplings on fire with your mind, but have no success. You sigh and light them with your tinder.
You lose

tinder x 1

"It may be convenient to set up camp in the mountains, for at least a day or two. It will help give us an idea of whether the enemy is omniscient or not. If another attack comes tonight, we can assume they always know where we are, and were just too busy recovering from the night before's attack to attack again tonight. If no attack comes at all, then it is entirely possible that they have no idea where we are.

... I've been thinking. These creatures show no fear of dying, and it seems they possess the bodies of the already dead. I wonder... why is that? Do they lack any kind of corporeal body?
"

Julio scouts around the peaks for a small cave, or any resources whatsoever.

You wander around the area, thinking back to the night of the battle. While the Shadow creatures themselves certainly fled at times, their human thralls threw themselves at you with no attempt at self-preservation whatsoever. You at first attributed this to instinct - they saw you and they headed at you. However, the more you think back, the more it seems like they moved in coordinated groups, working together... like a single creature. You wonder if perhaps the possessed soldiers were all controlled by one being...

As for them being corpses, they seem to fresh to be dead. Maybe whatever possessed people took then while they were still alive. You shudder at the thought. The barren landscape is devoid of any useful resources, but finding a cave is not too hard - you find three suitable caverns in a handful of minutes. Although certainly harder to find, a cavern is somewhat less defensible, as the enemy has the high ground...

"So we should have magic now? Wonder how that works."

Attempt to raise a stone wall around the temporary base using magic.

You lift your arms and envision something moving up. You hear a grating noise, and open your eyes.

A large slab of stone slides down the mountain, the source of the grating sound.

You sigh and start stacking stones, one by one, to form a wall.

Han Yu scouts the tower with Dàelen (trying not to get noticed).

((Did my sleep bring up my hp?))

Sleep always restores your HP by 15 points. You're at full health now.

You scout around the tower with the lieutenant. Just as you're about to leave, Fu Qyu asks if he can join you. You accept, and the three of you start trekking South. You notice a number of things:

There's a fork in your path - one path leads East, towards a hilly field pockmarked with caves, and the other leads South towards the tower. You take the southwards path, which leads to the tower.

A trail of thick smoke drifts lazily upwards to the South.

It looks like there's a freshly cut tree to the East.

You head South, and reach the tower. Only when you reach its foot do you realise the full size of the tower - it pierces the clouds. No humans could have built this - that much you know. You then head towards the source of the smoke, and see a small wooden palisade with a wisp of smoke drifting up. A trench surrounds it, and its wooden walls are about eleven feet high. You shout, and the head of a small... something... pops up from behind the wall!

Dialogue initiated!

Both of those are good questions. It seems like Elise figured out how the magic worked, a little. and these enemy are called Shadow Wraiths, so they may very well be, I don't know, like ghosts or something.

Hey, can any of you guys use this stuff I have? You are welcome to it. I'm going to look about for allies and to check out the land around here a little."

Fu will, once again, scout out the area. meanwhile, he'll contemplate death and magic.

[/quote]

See Han Yu's results. When your dialogue with Han and Feu ends, you'll meditate.

You search around for rocks durable enough to serve your purpose. You find quite a few sturdy rocks, but none of them are sharp.
You get

Rock x 3

You then hone these rocks with your flint until each of them is razor sharp.
You lose

Rock x 3

You get

Sharpened rock x 3
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:57:18 am by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 10, 2017, 09:38:02 pm »

Julio sets to stacking rocks around the cave entrance, making it much harder to locate. He also prepares a large pile of wood inside the cave for both firewood and to create spikes.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:43:13 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 11, 2017, 06:32:20 am »

Get more tinder
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:23:34 pm by star2wars3 »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 11, 2017, 07:12:38 am »

"Greetings friend, I am Han Yu; this is my companion, Lieutenant Dàelen, and my ally Fu Qyu. May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 11, 2017, 10:48:00 am »

Fu will let Han do most of the talking, and will add in relevant information where appropriate.

Sorry I'm not role playing much right now. I'm pretty tired for one thing.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2017, 11:28:43 am »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23