Yes
- 4 (40%)
No
- 2 (20%)
Coolio
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Survival of the Meanest  (Read 37095 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Survival of the Meanest
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2017, 11:35:34 pm »

[glow=indigo]E-Elise ...[/glow] Fu stands awkwardly by as Julio holds the girl. But danger is still too near for him to stay still for long.

No time to grieve. Fu Qyu will spend the morning searching for additional arrows while contemplating Elise' magic.

Spoiler: Fu Qyu (click to show/hide)

You sigh. Although you never really talked to Elise that much, she seemed like a nice person. You watch as Julio closes her eyes with his hand and slumps over her body. Soon, his despair is replaced with determination and rage. He stands up, and paces into the forest, eyes burning with rage. You return to your old besieged camp to search for arrows. Han Yu's trench and spikes have bee torn apart, and it seems that the whole camp was obliterated. You find a quiver full of arrows on one of the bodies.
You get

Elven arrow x 8

You think about the magic Elise used in the moments before her death. It seems like it was triggered when she was about to give up. Something about the desperation she was in may have caused it, or perhaps it was simply chance that allowed her to use the strange magics then. In either case, you're not sure that you can manually induce it. You return to the group and eat a meager breakfast in silence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Julio is slumped over Elise's body.

"Run...? What's the point of it all...?

No matter how far we flee, no matter how much we fortify, they will find us, and they will try to annihilate us.

The only solution thus... is to completely obliterate them.
"

Julio looks up. The tears streaming from his eyes do their best to mar his furious expression.

"They fear fire, yet they can also corrupt it if it already burns before their attacks begin. How do we counter this...?

I'm going to be alone for a little while. I need some time...
"

Julio spends the first part of the day meditating, clearing his mind, and trying to grasp the reality of his situation.

"We need a weapon..."

Light pours through the canopy above as you walk through the forest, contemplating everything that has happened so far. It's all so surreal. First Gromble, and then Elise... You can't help but wonder if you're next. You sit down, cross legged, and listen to the calling of the birds around you. You wonder why you of all people were chosen for this madman's quest. You purge your mind of all your uncertainties, and simply tune in to the world around you. A cicada chirps somewhere nearby. A squirrel scampers up a tree. A blackbird twitters on a branch. You feel a green light deep within you, seeing it in your mind's eye. It merges with the flaming red anger within you, forming a bright white pulsating orb.

You aren't sure, but you think you're closer to understanding this strange magic.

You gain a skill: Envision (Will most likely do nothing except make you imagine pretty lights)

You return to the group to find Han Yu and Dàelen bandaging their wounds, and Fu Qyu catching up on missed sleep. You're so tired...

"I... need to find the others. I can't survive another night like that on my own."

Try and find the others.

Spoiler: Caleb Fenrir (click to show/hide)

You trek in a Southerly direction, wincing with every step. Eventually, you lose track of what direction you're headed in, and find a rocky clearing. There are scorch marks everywhere, and a number of bodies lay in heaps around a corpse filled trench. You do your best not to retch and move on, hoping to find the others...

Han Yu sighs deeply, before patting Julio on the shoulder.
"She fought bravely, and died with honor. We shall all mourn her loss. The best we can do for her is to value her sacrifice, by stopping these accursed shadows."

Han Yu tends to his wounds. He suggests that Dàelen does the same.

Without actual medical supplies, you can't do much, but you're able to sew up a few of your wounds with a sharp piece of wood and some plant fibers. Lieutenant Dàelen follows suit.

+2 hp (Han Yu)
+2 hp (Lieutenant Dàelen)

As you finish binding your wounds, a heavily wounded dwarf staggers into your camp. You recognize his injuries immediately - he was mauled by Shadow Wraiths. He seems to recognize Fu Qyu...

PLAYERS READ THIS: I am next to the castle in my fort. Consider my fort to be a safe-haven for anyone who wants a safer place to spend the night or a place to meet up. Also I know one of the potential weaknesses of at least the less powerful enemies from the collective. I know that other people have other knowledge. Between everyone we may have a shot to survive.
If it is day, do a spot check around my fort for enemies.

If I see another player, invite them to the fort. If I see the possessed/a monster, prepare for siege. If I don't sense anything amiss, try to build a shovel.

Should I now possess a shovel, try to build a trench around the fort.

When the sun's rays bathe the barren land around you in a golden glow, you look around for any sign of the creatures that attacked last night. You find nothing amiss, but you decide to create a trench to help ward off any future invaders. You briefly consider digging the trench with your hands, but surmise that it would waste too much time. You uproot a sickly looking sapling and bend the tight cluster of roots at its bottom to create a strange makeshift shovel. It isn't exactly sturdy, though.
You get

Sooper scooper, +0.5 attack, bonus damage against dirt, prone to breaking

You start digging a shallow trench around your fort, but only get about halfway through when your makeshift shovel breaks. At least you got a start... right?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2017, 12:27:08 pm »

I Look for a large rock to attack trees with.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2017, 12:40:51 pm »

Continue to sleep to recover health, or patch up Caleb if I am awoken. Later, before night fall, lead the party south to Feu's camp.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2017, 12:45:54 pm »

I Look for a large rock to attack trees with.

Sorry, I missed that. This will count as your action for turn 1 of day 10, so you still have an action.

You scavenge around for a rock that can be easily sharpened. You don't find a rock soft enough to be sharpened, but you do find a flint nodule. You suppose that it'll work as well.
You get

Flint nodule

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2017, 12:48:04 pm »

Julio rests, attempting to sleep.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2017, 12:56:32 pm »

I Wander off to find a Tree to Attack till it falls over.
Spoiler: Xrasitas (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2017, 01:28:23 pm »

"I am ready to join you. What do I need to do now?"

Do whatever Fu Qyu tells me to do to join.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2017, 01:28:42 pm »

Spoiler:  Han Yu (click to show/hide)

Han Yu raises an eyebrow at the dwarf's state, but lets Fu Qyu deal with the matter.

Han Yu goes foraging, and attempts to find medicinal herbs/plants.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2017, 01:55:45 pm »

If I see another player, invite them to the fort. If I see the possessed/a monster, prepare for siege. If I don't sense anything amiss, try to build a shovel.

((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2017, 02:05:38 pm »

to Caleb:
Take one of these knifes and cut yourself. Just a little nick. It will transfer magic into you and the knife should disappear. I don't know how the magic works, but apparently Elise figured it out last night.

((I think someone in our group has the knives, right?))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 07, 2017, 03:02:27 pm »

((I remember someone took them, but can't remember who. I only took 1, which I already gave to Julio.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 08, 2017, 10:51:23 pm »

Turn 2 of Day 10 has started!

I Wander off to find a Tree to Attack till it falls over.
Spoiler: Xrasitas (click to show/hide)
You start chopping some trees, and you have a neat stack of sturdy oaken lumber by midday. The only significant thing that you can see around you is barren lands and a large mountain chain.[/i]

Continue to sleep to recover health, or patch up Caleb if I am awoken. Later, before night fall, lead the party south to Feu's camp.

You sleep.

+5 hp (Fu Qyu)

Julio rests, attempting to sleep.

You notice Fu Qyu resting, and figure that it's not a bad idea to do so yourself.

+5 hp (Julio)

"I am ready to join you. What do I need to do now?"

Do whatever Fu Qyu tells me to do to join.

Before going to sleep, Fu Qyu hands you a box and a small stone knife, and asks you to cut yourself with it. You notice that you're not the only one covered in wounds. You do as Fu says, and crash out from exhaustion and blood loss seconds after you finish. You injure yourself a bit more on the knife, but the rest should still do you some good.

+4 hp (Caleb)

Spoiler:  Han Yu (click to show/hide)

Han Yu raises an eyebrow at the dwarf's state, but lets Fu Qyu deal with the matter.

Han Yu goes foraging, and attempts to find medicinal herbs/plants.

You don't know much about plants, even as an elf, but you do your best to scrounge up a few medicinal plants. Unfortunately, you find nothing but a patch of stinging nettles, and get nothing but a big rash on your right hand.

You look around your fort, but see nothing of interest, hostile or otherwise. Not wanting to risk an attack like the one that occurred last night, you set your mind to digging a trench. In order to do so in a semi-efficient manner, however, you'll need a shovel. You're able to fashion a crude sort of shovel out of a wooden sapling, but your lower than average intellect doesn't help at all.
You get

Very shoddy wooden shovel, extremely prone to breaking

You finish digging your trench. On the last couple of strokes, the "shovel" that you've been using splinters upon hitting a little bit of flint. You discard the now broken shovel, but pocket the flint.
You get

Flint nodule

Turn 3 of Day 10 has started!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2017, 11:09:52 pm »

Rest some more.

Follow Fu Qyu

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:52:23 pm by Rautherdir »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2017, 01:53:54 am »

[glow=indigo]Come on you guys. Let's not waste the evening. those things will be back by dusk, I'm sure. We need to find a defensible place. that, or get to that tower they told us about. let's stick together this time and fight together.[/glow]

Get these bodies to the fort before the next attack. May as well practice shooting again once I get there.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:55:29 am by Ozarck »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2017, 06:22:55 am »

Julio goes with Fu Qyu.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:15:40 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23